Author Topic: Walmart "New" TIE Bomber  (Read 33148 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Walmart "New" TIE Bomber
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Some pics of the new TIE Bomber unveiled today...

Clicky to check 'em out!

The boxed shots reveal that the ship apperas to have a retooled cockpit, which Hasbro confirmed, and which features the ejection seat of the updated TIE cockpit.  That's cool I think since film evidence suggests TIE's had ejection seats.

The box also shows that it now has a firing concussion missle tube too, something only seen/used in video games.  That rocks! :)

The only gripe I have is the back of the box appears to show it in a light grey color, which isn't accurate to any film.  The Bomber shows up light grey in the original X-Wing game, but otherwise it's the blue-grey coloring it has been released as before.  So I'm hanging onto my old ones happily, and the new one I'll only purchase one of for a pre-ESB TIE Bomber in the light grey decoes the ships of ANH were in I guess.

It appears to be a regular release vehicle too, no exclusive sticker anywhere.  That's interesting, and a first for this ship.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:49 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: "New" TIE Bomber
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:06 PM »
That's pretty cool - I haven't bought one of those in a while. It also looks as if they dropped the diorama style packaging.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 03:07 PM »
This is my favorite version of any of the Hasbro's Ties, but I've already got about 7-8 of various releases so I think I'm good.  The firing missle is kinda neat.  Don't really care much for retooled cockpits because, well I guess I just don't care.

Odd that it wouldn't be an exclusive....Wonder if it would have a casemate for a new assortment?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:36 PM »
Yeah, I noticed the lack of diorama.  I thought it may be due to the size of the TIE Bomber, as it's a bit larger than most of the $20-ish ranged vehicles.   ???  Kinda bulky.

Really though...  I suppose it could just not be listed as to where it's exclusive too.  It just doesn't appear to be at the moment I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 04:27 PM »

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Put me in the pass column as well.  It looks good and if I didn't already have a TIE bomber from the POTJ line I'd jump at it.

I'm sure it will do well though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 08:08 PM »
The color is what will decide me buying this or not. I have x2 of the POTJ version. I did not like the Saga2 one because it was too gray, I prefer the blue color more. I wonder if this is now part of the regular vehicle assortment price. This was always a higher priced vehicle.

I love upgrades but this is one that did not really need it, kinda like the AT-AT driver. The interior was fairly more detailed than other vehicles in that time too. I wish they would prioritize better since SKU's are cut down for the realistic line.

Not sure if they will be too much to see at CC, a lot of stuff has leaked already.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 08:14 PM »
The most interesting thing to me are the pics on the back indicating we are getting yet ANOTHER AAT repaint. Man, they love re-doing that thing. (Almost as much as the Gunship)

Swamp Speeder and Hyena Bomber look completely awesome though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 08:42 PM »
The most interesting thing to me are the pics on the back indicating we are getting yet ANOTHER AAT repaint. Man, they love re-doing that thing. (Almost as much as the Gunship)

Swamp Speeder and Hyena Bomber look completely awesome though.

The best AAT in my opinion was the TAC rusted one, I loved it. This one looks interesting, I want to see more detailed pics, I may pic up some. I have x3 TAC ones and x2 CW Blue ones. I am going to dump soon the CW ones soon as well as the TRU CW Hailfire droid, I am just not into the clean separatist style deco.

I think I may pass on the Swampspeeder and Hyena Bomber. They look nice but do not really fit into my collection style.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 09:12 PM »

Not sure if they will be too much to see at CC, a lot of stuff has leaked already.

I think if we see Vintage waves 3 and 4 and a surprise or two, it'll be a hit.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 10:22 PM »
I may get it.  I love the TIE bombers for some odd reason.  Plus it's from the ESB with the 30th anniversary and all it's a good time to release it. 

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 04:59 AM »
I think it would be neat if it was in vintage style package because the bomber was never made in the original kenner days.  Come to think of it... I think it is the only ship in OT that never got made. other than that it is a pass

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Call me a sucker. I'll happily add number four to my fleet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 01:03 PM »
Call me a sucker. I'll happily add number four to my fleet.

Five is a nicer number so you should buy my POTJ version as well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart "New" TIE Bomber
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 11:52 PM »
I see that the display at Celebration V is saying $34.99 at Walmart for this one. 

Very glad that it isn't a $50 special like the new TRU Interceptor was.  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender