Author Topic: Walmart "New" TIE Bomber  (Read 33163 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart "New" TIE Bomber
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Very glad that it isn't a $50 special like the new TRU Interceptor was.  ::)

I wouldn't be surprised if Wal-Mart jacks the price up a few bucks on this by the time it actually hits shelves.  I noticed that the Jabba's Throne set (which I paid 34.96 for less than two weeks ago before the resets actually occurred) is now ringing in at 38.88 (when I picked one up for a friend earlier this week).  Whatever happened to all those "rollbacks?"  Is WM purposely pricing them slightly higher so they can drop the price in a few weeks and crow about what a great deal it is?

BTW, can someone photoshop that TIE Bomber box to read "DROPPING LOADS" instead of "DROPPING BOMBS?"  Because I'm juvenile and that would make me laugh.   :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Someone's been listening to a little too much Stern. :)

The TIE Bomber's color looks a lsightly blue-hue to me, so I may actually nab 2 if the price is right on it.  I like the updates.  I'll get 1 regardless.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Someone's been listening to a little too much Stern. :)

Guilty as charged. :)

I'm on the fence about picking one of these up, since I still think the 2002 version is pretty nice when it comes to the interior detailing (at least compared to the non-ejecting-style cockpits on the regular TIE Fighter toys).  This one seems to be a bit more accurate to the cutaway in the "Cross-Sections" book, but I wasn't sure about the color.  I guess I'll make a final judgment once these start showing up and someone out there does a review of it (and if there isn't a whole lot of other stuff occupying my bank account at that moment).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 12:02 AM »
Oh yeah, droppin' dough on it here.

The color's going to be a real determining factor for me ultimately...  light grey's not accurate to the films, at all.  The only light grey TIE Bombers are in EU.  I'd buy one then, and call it a Battle of Yavin version...  In the films though, TIE Bombers are the blue-grey of the latter film's models.  Blue-grey may get me to rebuy this ship twice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 04:28 PM »
I might get this one. On the fence about it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 05:46 PM »
If I can find a @%@%@% Walmart that will carry it, I just might buy one.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 06:49 PM »
I never got a Bomber either, and it's one of the vintage ships. I'll bite on one of these. Guess I have to wait until December-ish

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Heh.  These are out and on the shelves in Canada as well.  I didn't check the price but I'll do so tomorrow.  I'm starting to think Hasbro/Wally are sucking up for not carrying product for nine months. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 07:34 PM »
I never got a Bomber either, and it's one of the vintage ships.

Classic Star Wars ship?  yes.  Vintage Kenner toy?  No.  This is my favorite Tie of the bunch and it wasn't released until POTJ back in 01-02ish if my memory is working now.  Tie Defender?  Please Hasbro??

Heh.  These are out and on the shelves in Canada as well.  I didn't check the price but I'll do so tomorrow.  I'm starting to think Hasbro/Wally are sucking up for not carrying product for nine months. 

Wow - you guys are really living it up this year with new releases.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 08:33 PM »
I never got a Bomber either, and it's one of the vintage ships.

Classic Star Wars ship?  yes.  Vintage Kenner toy?  No.  This is my favorite Tie of the bunch and it wasn't released until POTJ back in 01-02ish if my memory is working now.  Tie Defender?  Please Hasbro??

I guess that's what I meant. One of the classic ships never made in the vintage Kenner days. Are you feeling better?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 09:18 PM »
No...not really
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 11:02 PM »
I like this new TIE Bomber since the Hasbro photos imply it's A) Blue, as opposed to an inaccurate grey, and B) It features the cool EU Concussion Missle feature...  I love that.  I'm weird that way though.  This was one of the better ships Hasbro put out back in the day (a little too blue, of course, but great otherwise), and so I'm going to pick up at least one of the new one.  I have like seriously 6 TIE Bombers already, so I may do a downed one for adiorama like it broke in the center or something, and the Pilot's defending himself nearby or something. 

I really dig getting this new one though for some reason.  It's one of those things I was on the fence about at first but am looking forward to it now.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2010, 12:36 AM »
In going over my collection, it just occurred to me that I never got the Saga "battle damaged" version of the TIE Bomber to open. I have the three previous releases (POTJ Green, Saga 2002 Blue, TAC) MIB, but I only have the POTJ and TAC releases open.

I wonder if I should even care? I don't think there was that much of a difference between the POTJ and Saga releases beyond the black smudges/weathering/battle-damage. That's probably the reason I passed on it...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2010, 02:18 AM »
I don't even recall that many (if any?) black smudges.  It's actually silver smudges I recall more, like the paint had worn off.  It's really not a nice deco though.  It's sloppy, haphazard at best...  Battle damage, in my view, would've been having holes in one of the solar panels, or having the back corner of one physically blown away and twisted.

I have the battle damaged version, and honestly don't know why I have it.  I probably got it cheap.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2010, 01:55 PM »
Hit a bunch of WalMarts so far this week - and nothing, not even a sign that there will be a shelf space.

Jabba part 2?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!