Author Topic: Bigj22's Star Wars Kubrick collection  (Read 5603 times)

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Bigj22's Star Wars Kubrick collection
« on: July 17, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Ok it looks a little disorganized but thats because I am waiting for Kubs to come in and fill in. Trying to start back all over after selling my collection  . Enjoy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Bigj22's Star Wars Kubrick collection
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:31 PM »
Looking good Jerry!  Pretty amazing case study to see you sell off everything, then reacquire it.  Did you get rid of all your stuff or keep a few of the rarer items?  Do you think you're paying about what you sold your items for are did you gain/lose on the deal?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 11:17 PM »
Looking good Jerry!  Pretty amazing case study to see you sell off everything, then reacquire it.  Did you get rid of all your stuff or keep a few of the rarer items?  Do you think you're paying about what you sold your items for are did you gain/lose on the deal?

Justin, I did keep some of the rarer figures and actually I think I gained slightly. I've been getting some good deals from members and Ebay. Pretty excited.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:22 AM »
How did you get IG-88 to fit in the case? He's the only one I couldn't get to fit (I have him sitting on his ass).  Series 4 Vaders and Grievous were tight but I managed to get them in.

Looks good, very similar to the way I have my Kubs displayed.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Looks like IG88 is angled back a little in that photo to make him fit.  He and others fit just fine in the Johnny Lightning cases (4 arm grievous is the only one I've struggled with).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline bigj22

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Actually what I did was drill a hole about 3/8 inch hole on top of case. Then on top of his head there is a small piece that goes into the hole, giving that extra space needed. When you put another case on top, you dont even notice the hole. So place him on the peg, figure where u need to drill the hole and all done.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 08:21 AM »
Good idea with the hole.  I'll have to do that.
Common sense isn't so common