Author Topic: Captain America: Winter Soldier: The Toys!  (Read 86783 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger: The Toys!
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 01:09 PM »
There are maybe 3-4 figures I'll get from this line. Just not feelin' it for ol' Cap.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2011, 10:13 AM »
Red Skull pics at marvelousnews.com

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Red Skull pics at marvelousnews.com

US Agent and Red Skull look good.  What is up with Cap in black pants?  Combo old/new cap?  I just don’t understand how crap like that gets made in place of designs and characters people might actually want.  If you needed another figure, why not include the MU Falcon instead?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2011, 02:07 PM »
the more I look at Red Skull the more I think he looks like a pinhead.  Anyone else getting that vibe?  hopefully we get to see some better (I realize these are not horrible) pictures soon with his accessories.

also, anyone know if this would be considered his movie or comic release version?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2011, 04:42 PM »
the more I look at Red Skull the more I think he looks like a pinhead.  Anyone else getting that vibe?  hopefully we get to see some better (I realize these are not horrible) pictures soon with his accessories.

also, anyone know if this would be considered his movie or comic release version?

Actually, if it were a female body, it would make a great Sin, daughter of the Skull.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2011, 06:21 PM »
I want that Red Skull for custom fodder.  I'll probably get at least 2-3 for that purpose.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2011, 07:08 PM »

Yup, pinhead it is.  But rather than dropping $30 for the SDCC version I'll live with this one.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 04:53 AM »
I wish I actually knew what to look for in Marvel stuff, I was given those photos days ago, haha.  I know absolutely nothing about super hero stuff.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 08:52 AM »
post everything!!!!   ;D  :P

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Someone posted this link on Scum to more pics of Red Skull and Hydra Soldiers it looks to me like no ankle articulation on Red Skull and one of the Hydra Soldiers - the third one looks like he might  :-\

initial impression = not too crazy about the soldiers.  I am hoping/betting Red Skull gets a better comic release.  This one, while OK, just doesn't scream "cool" to me
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:36 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 05:52 PM »
I think those soldiers look great as does Red Skull, and these are easily some of the best figures so far in the Marvel-style.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2011, 08:02 AM »
some of this stuff has popped up on HTS.  $30 for the car thing!?!?!   :o  I dont think I have any interest for it at $10!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2011, 09:49 AM »
I like that case they have up for the wave 1 of Captain America; 9 CA and 3 Winter Soldiers.  Not a bad guy in sight.  ::)  And yes, $30 for that Shield Assault 4x4 is ridiculous.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Marvelousnews.com has some more, better pics up of Red Skull.  I really like the comparison pic between the figure and the movie character.  I really hope we get a version of Red Skull in that black outfit.  Black on red = pretty sinister.     

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2011, 10:48 AM »
Marvelousnews.com has some more, better pics up of Red Skull.  I really like the comparison pic between the figure and the movie character.  I really hope we get a version of Red Skull in that black outfit.  Black on red = pretty sinister.     

Why is this figure not in black from the start?

Cynical me says so that then they do a repaint so that there's a double-hit of sales.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope