Author Topic: Captain America: Winter Soldier: The Toys!  (Read 86777 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger: The Toys!
« Reply #16 on: February 2, 2011, 05:59 PM »
US Agent and Crossbones?  Sweet.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: February 2, 2011, 06:35 PM »
I am guessing Crossbones is short packed.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 3, 2011, 01:02 PM »
US Agent and Crossbones?  Sweet.

Ah yeah, those will help to make that wave better, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 11:11 PM »
The vehicles shown here in the Toy Fair gallery are hilarious. Good custom fodder for some people, maybe.

I suppose they include a barely articulated Captain America like the Iron Man series had barely poseable driver figures. I don't understand that. Is it cheaper to make a different, less poseable mold than just reusing the ones in the carded series? Must be.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 12:36 AM »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 02:26 AM »
I have a bad feeling about this line at retail.  Bad feeling about Thor, also, but slightly less, for some reason.  Maybe because I didn't see any pictures of Thor riding a 4-wheeler with his hammer hanging out the front so he can run over bad guys...  ::)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 03:13 AM »
Hey, want to hear something funny though?

The 1/18 Military collectors were kinda getting antsy at Captain America hoping for Germans and WW2 stuff...  Wow, they're probably hanging themselves.

I think some of the vehicles cuold make ok GI Joe vehicles, but my oh my...  I will maybe get the one with the WW2 gear on though.  Put him on my WW2 shelf next to General Patton or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 10:06 AM »
I'm generally spoiler free on these films because I like to be surprised at the theater, but just from the trailer and the handful of early set photos, I thought this was going to be mostly a WWII period piece.  But the toys look NOTHING like a WWII period film.  It's all red, white and blue and I didn't get the impression the film was any of that.

If that's the case, I find it hard to believe kids and collectors are going to get too psyched to buy a bunch of **** that's not remotely in the movie.  Captain America and Thor are untested at this point so it seems to me that a less is more approach should be taken. 

I don't read Marvel comics, but it seems that Captain America didn't have much more of a general public profile than Iron Man did before that first movie opened large.  So why try to stuff all the CA merchandise down our throats?  The Thor line seems to be taking a little more measured step with Thor and some bad guys for him, a few role play items and that's it.  That's a great approach, IMO.

We'll see, I guess.  I will admit one thing, that Strikefire Transport from the CA line doe look cool, just not in those colors.  Is that a re-tasked GI Joe item that I'm not remembering or is it new?  Because, throw some olive drab camo paint on that it would make a rockin' whip for the Joe motor pool.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 10:51 AM »
Just from the pics, it seems like Cap will be getting a pretty big push from Hasbro (larger than Thor it appears).  Not only the figures (movie and comic lines), but lots of vehicles and even a fairly decent sized one the way it looks.  From what I can see Thor must just be getting movie figures, as I haven't seen any mention or pictures of a "comic line" for Thor.  I could be wrong though.

As far as the Cap stuff, I'll likely pick some of it up.  I always seem to grab the best figure of the movie version from these Marvel movies, and I'll likely get a few of the comic series ones as well.  Our little girl already wants the shield and Thor's hammer (she's a superhero fan), so we may check those out as well.  I was wondering what Scott thinks of the lineup, being the big Cap fan that he is.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 11:23 AM »
What I really really want is a Captain America that does not wear a utility belt, has sculpted wings on his head ie...I want this one

And this one sort of fits the bill

So, I am happy :)

I agree that this whole line has a chance to be the 2011 retail version of Hulk...not sure why there is a push over Thor and why they aren't going more movie realistic other than they are holding back some of the stuff due to spoilers.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:51 AM by Scott »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 11:55 AM »
I don't like movie lines in general.  They smell of retail death before they are even put out there. 

It looks like they rebranded the bump-n-go as 'cruisers'.  It's just overkill though I admit if I was a kid I'd be all over the shield. 

Not sure I'll buy anything here in this line but if the figs look ok I might grab a Cross-bones or something to that effect.  I'd be really happy if they re-released a classic Red Skull in the line.  Or is that already planned?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Red Skull and Hydra soldiers were mentioned in the press release - but that is all we have on them so far.  So they will be in the line somewhere, we just don't what versions.  I hope we get movie and comic versions of both.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 03:01 PM »
I'm with Scott - that Cap with Klaw is finally the right rendition.  Nice to see that they got it right with only 11 tries.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 03:11 PM »
I'm with Scott - that Cap with Klaw is finally the right rendition.  Nice to see that they got it right with only 11 tries.
That has been the most maddening thing, they kept showing him without a utility belt and with wings and the one that came to ship would be totally different  :-X