Author Topic: Thor (Movie & Sequels)  (Read 50742 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Thor (Movie & Sequels)
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2016, 02:41 PM »
Some more news on the cast for Thor - Ragnarok.  Marvel Studios has officially announced these cast members:

In the film, Cate Blanchett will act as Hela, Jeff Goldblum will play the Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson will take the role of Valkyrie, Karl Urban will be Skurge and Mark Ruffalo will act as Bruce Banner/the Hulk.  They will be joining returning Thor actors Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba and Sir Anthony Hopkins.  I'm pleasantly surprised to see actors like Cate Blanchett and Jeff Goldblum added to the mix.  This could be really, really good!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:48 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2016, 07:58 AM »
The Jeff Goldblum casting blows my mind.  The Grandmaster is such an out-there crazy character, it'll be interesting to see what they do with him.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Check out the Thor: Ragnarok Teaser Trailer.  This looks like a distinct evolution in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, where they may be some potential for crossover with Guardians of the Galaxy.  Cate Blanchett looks bad@$$ as Hela!  I'm also amazed that they got the rights to use a Led Zeppelin song in an MCU movie, too.  Fitting that it would be "Immigrant Song"!

Oh, and who's that at the end?

Feedback

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2017, 07:36 AM »

You mean his friend from work? That made me laugh.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2017, 09:14 AM »
I've never been particularly attracted to Cate Blanchett (she's not ugly per se, but she's not Kate Beckinsale or Evangeline Lily to me), but there's something about her as Hela that's making me feel naughty in the pants.  >:D

I'd love to see a cameo from the Guardians sitting in the stands during the gladiator fight.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2017, 06:25 PM »

You mean his friend from work? That made me laugh.

That really is a fantastic line!  And it's moments like that where Chris Hemsworth really does shine in the role.

But that extended/stripped down mix of "Immigrant Song"?  I really want to download that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:37 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2017, 08:28 AM »
First reactions to Thor: Ragnarok

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/first-thor-3-reactions-promise-you-ll-be-screaming-yes-310-02

Pretty much exactly what I was expecting based off the trailers.  Can't wait!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2017, 08:51 PM »
...but there's something about her as Hela that's making me feel naughty in the pants.  >:D

+1

Finally bought my tickets for Friday, can't wait!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2017, 06:54 AM »
I'm glad to be hearing some good things about this movie.  And it looks like Cate Blanchett is having the time of her life playing Hela. 

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2017, 09:37 AM »
With all the previews and hype I thought this movie already was released and gone from the theaters.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 4, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Saw it last night.  Definitely a fun ride with a lot of memorable lines.  It "felt" more like a Guardians movie than the previous two Thor films for sure.  Not just the comedic aspects, but even the look and use of music.  At one point in the beginning I felt like I was watching a TV show with how it was shot.

With everything that was going on, going to have to see it at least one more time on the big screen to catch all the Easter Eggs.

Goldblum and Blanchett didn't disappoint.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 5, 2017, 11:45 PM »
Saw Thor 3 over the weekend and it was pretty good.  I think if there weren't so many other great Marvel movies, I would have liked this even more.  The story and visuals were great, but I agree that it didn't really feel like a "Thor" movie to me.  The past two movies seemed more serious or somber to me, whereas this was a lot of joking and physical comedy with Thor and Hulk.  I laughed a lot, but it does have more of a Guardians feel to it.  Given some of the deaths involved, I would not have expected Thor to be goofing around and cracking jokes.  I would have liked more set up on what happened between Loki and Odin as well.  If Loki just cast a spell on him that led to his demise, it seems like should have been more than a light-hearted footnote.  I wasn't overly impressed with Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie either, but Kate Blanchett was excellent. 

*SPOILER ALERT* - Did anyone else catch Loki eyeing up the cosmic cube?  Guessing he grabbed it off screen, which was maybe for the best given what happens to Asgard.  And the immense ship at the end had to be Thanos, right?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 7, 2017, 10:03 AM »
We saw Ragnarok this weekend as well, and really enjoyed it. It is definitely different than the previous movies, but I think that is ok. It isn't a perfect story or anything, but a heck of a lot of fun. I've read before that Hemsworth is really a funny guy, and that came through very well here.

SPOILERS

I was a little surprised how many characters were killed off (and quickly). I know it has and does happen in comics all the time, with resurrections, but not sure if that will happen here. I think it has been confirmed that the ship in the credits is indeed Sanctuary, Thanos' ride.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2017, 11:08 AM »
That scene kind of reminded me of the two Jedi Mace brings with him to arrest Palpatine and how quickly they went down.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2017, 12:02 AM »
Saw it today in a mostly empty theater (best way!), Ragnarok is the best Thor and Hulk movie in one!  I admit, I was never a Thor fan, though. The first two films were mostly forgettable.