Author Topic: 2010 Saga Legends Figures  (Read 28909 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 Saga Legends Figures
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Anyone have a breakdown of which figures come with which packs of weapons?  I'm having a rough time telling what comes with what, and sometimes I'm willing to pick up an army builder if he has the weapons I wouldn't mind having extras of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Anyone have a breakdown of which figures come with which packs of weapons?  I'm having a rough time telling what comes with what, and sometimes I'm willing to pick up an army builder if he has the weapons I wouldn't mind having extras of.

Believe it or not, it seems to be random at this point as to what weapons pack you actually get.  I've gotten several Snowtroopers over the course of the last two weeks and while most of them have come with the set which includes the Sandtrooper gun, at least one of them came with the regular SL weapons pack that has been in the SL figures for the last two years, and two of them came with another set of weapons that included the Commando guns. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 01:11 AM »
I got the snowtrooper with the previous set of weapons. I was pretty bummed as I was hoping for a different set seeing how I don't pick up much in the way of legends.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 01:39 AM »
That kinda sucks, but thank you Doc.  I'll have to just try to look carefully I guess, maybe use my flashlight ap to light up in the package a bit since I wouldn't mind some of the new weapons for extras.  I'd love some Commando guns especially.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 03:21 PM »
It's random. Yeah.

It's not an exact science, but in the right light, you can tell by the biggest gun. Seen a big loop strap, that's the ARC trooper rifle. See a big barrel, that's the EMP launcher (sometimes you make out it's distinct stock, as well), and the thick strap or thick solid ended barrel is sandtrooper rifle. If you see the clone trooper rifle that only tells you that it's not the sandtrooper pack, as the other two have the clone rifle.

Also, the one commando gun is gun metal color, not black, it's the only weapon that's not black out of all of them.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 03:34 PM »
I was looking at a couple different examples of Bossk over the weekend (there was more variation between the spots on his head than i had expected) and I thought it looked like the weapons packs varied between the three Bossks in my hands, thanks for the info.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 11:14 PM »
I see on Yakface's front page that Hasbro is apparantly fixing the dialated eye syndrome on the battledroids.  That's a nice surprise. :)

Now...  if only that 2-pack were relatively easy to find, which around Pittsburgh it's almost impossible to spot.  I've seen only one, ever.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 11:32 PM »
Now...  if only that 2-pack were relatively easy to find, which around Pittsburgh it's almost impossible to spot.  I've seen only one, ever.

Really? Wow. This set is easy to spot at my area (not to brag, it's just that stuff over here moves relatively slowly, which pretty much delays a whole ton of stuff :-\).

Based on variations we've seen in the past, something tells me this alternate version may be hard to find. Or not. Being that the reboot/restock period wasn't too long ago, there's still lots of time for these to get out.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 05:41 PM »
I see on Yakface's front page that Hasbro is apparantly fixing the dialated eye syndrome on the battledroids.  That's a nice surprise. :)

How does that even happen in the first place?

Especially so long after they messed up the Geonosis 2 packs.

With some of the sculpts and paint jobs, sometimes I wonder if there is any supervision whatsoever by people without compromised eyesight.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:42 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 08:00 PM »
In many cases of overseas manufacturing, the order is put in for more of something, and revisions to the order are overlooked by the manufacturer.  Hasbro, I am speculating here, said "we want more of those battledroids on new packaging...  here is what we want (mock-ups shown).", and the manufacturer cranked out more with eyes but didn't change the size of the eyes, they just made sure that both droids HAD eyes.

And now that they've been out a month or whatever, the people at Hasbro got in touch and addressed the eye size specifically as a change.

At least that's my guess to the matter.  They've seemingly had a lot of trouble with their factories in China for the past 2 years.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2010, 09:19 AM »
That's exactly how it happens Jesse. I'm not the only one here with first hand experience co-ordinating with over-seas manufacturers that can tell you that it's usually the manufacturers not getting the directions right.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 09:33 AM »
At least that's my guess to the matter.  They've seemingly had a lot of trouble with their factories in China for the past 2 years.

Maybe they should switch their production facilities back here to the Good old USA, might be easier for them to manage the quality control.

I don't see why they have to play the victim in that relationship. As the client, they should have ALL the leverage. "Hey, start doing a better job making our toys or we will take our business elsewhere". Enough of this wag the dog stuff.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 09:40 AM »
I don't see why they have to play the victim in that relationship. As the client, they should have ALL the leverage. "Hey, start doing a better job making our toys or we will take our business elsewhere". Enough of this wag the dog stuff.

But they aren't the victim, they are the partner.  They already accomplished what they set out to do; which is to get us (the consumer) to buy the figure.  As loud as collectors complain about these detail things, we aren't the largest portion of Hasbro's sales and we certainly aren't the largest portion of the Saga Legends sales (given what currently in that mix).  Frankly, I don't see a little kid really caring that this battle droid has big eyes, when he's fighting against a Clone Wars Anakin.  So Hasbro and the factory, and the retailer, have all gotten paid, so no one is going to rock the boat by threatening to cancel the contract over what amounts to tiny details.  As long as the factory makes the number of units and charges the price agreed upon, the rest is just detail stuff, which is worked out by Hasbro asking the factory to make a change to all future units.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:50 AM by Jeff »
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 02:42 PM »
If they'd like to sell their Star Wars figures for twice what they cost now, in an economic downturn, and with the price already on the brink of being "too much" for many people?  Well yes I guess they could shift manufacturing to the U.S.

Believe me, I'm all for more U.S. manufacturing jobs, but it's not an unknown fact that injection-molding in the U.S. isn't a big booming business.  It's done overseas often for a lot of reasons.

The eyes thing is a very minor issue...  It's getting fixed.  I honestly cannot fathom why this is requiring such anger.  Hasbro's overseas people didn't fix it 100% right, and Hasbro has gotten in touch and gotten the problem resolved.  If anything, this is actually Hasbro working hard to fix the problem and they should be commended for it.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 09:31 AM »
I don't follow SL anymore because I don't need anything from that lineup, but I was kinda disappointed how Hasbro seemingly, to me atleast, misread one of the websites questions from this round.  From Imperial Shipyards:

Have you ever considered giving the fans a poll on your website that allows us to vote on what the next wave of Saga Legends will be? The Nominees will only be figures that have already been produced...nothing new.

We are not going to do a Fans' Choice vote for Saga Legends again any time, soon, because our use of Saga Legends has actually changed a bit.  The figures are kid-focused, and with the narrow item count we have to work with for this segment we have to stick with the "best of the best" figures.  At some point that could change, and if it does fan-voting would be a great idea, but right now there are no plans.

To me, that question means Hasbro gets to choose all of the candidates for the poll - that means it would not change the focus of their Target audience.  What that would potentially do is draw atleast some sort of collector drive to the line rather than none at all.

All Hasbro would have to do is grab lets say 10 figures that are on Hasbro's bubble of making "the cut" and let fans vote it out for lets say one or two slots - whatever they want. 

Are there really any issues anyone sees from doing something like that which would break Hasbro's focus for this line?