Author Topic: The death or disappearance of Ahsoka?  (Read 14396 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The death or disappearance of Ahsoka?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Forget Ahsoka, I just want to see these two get killed, since they do not "exist" as of ROTS:

1) Asajj Ventress

2) Cad Bane
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 07:14 PM »
I wonder what will happen to Cad Bane, I'd be surprised pleasantly to see him killed off by Anakin or even a standoff with Ahsoka that results in both their deaths.

I'm interested in Asajj's fate the most. I doubt the crew will pay any attention to her EU survival of the Clone Wars and disappearance. Dave Filoni also said her life after Season 3 would be drastically different, and I can't imagine it's for the best - Sidious orders Dooku to kill her, which is why Dooku takes in Savage Opress.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #17 on: December 8, 2010, 12:02 PM »
Forget Ahsoka, I just want to see these two get killed, since they do not "exist" as of ROTS:

1) Asajj Ventress

2) Cad Bane

Huh?  Why don't they exist in ROTS?  Because they weren't mentioned?  That's a really literal way to look at fiction. Endor wasn't mentioned, but it exists...Hoth wasn't mentioned, but it exists...Sandcrawlers weren't mentioned, but they exist...Han Solo wasn't mentioned, but he exists...We didn't see Dodonna in ESB, but he existed...we didn't see the Kubaz spy in ROTJ, but he existed...and so on...

If you saw a movie about the U.S. Civil War, and they never mentioned Japan once, would you assume that Japan doesn't exist?

Anyway, about Ashoka...I don't think they will kill her.  She's become too popular and a symbol of girl power in the geek community.
I think she will be sent away, or run away at one point.  In fact, I think that Ashoka could return as a focus of more SW entertainment.

Who knows?  Maybe she's on that Outward Bound ship in the Thrawn Series...

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 9, 2010, 10:03 AM »

Huh?  Why don't they exist in ROTS?  Because they weren't mentioned?  That's a really literal way to look at fiction.

1) Dooku has no apprentice in ROTS - not Asajj, not Savage Oppress, etc. You don't just quietly retire from the Sith. She is absolutely dead IMO, because Palpatine would never be stupid enough to have another Sith adept wandering around out there plotting her own agenda. (The whole running away and hiding thing is weak IMO because Palps would still use his Sithy powers to hunt her down and kill her)

2) Cad Bane is seemingly involved in every Separatist plot and personally works for Dooku/Palps on a number of occasions. It's not like they ran out of money or anything, he's a major player and his complete absence by ROTS indicates to me that he is no longer a factor of any kind at all. Again, not the type to just walk away.

If you saw the first half of TPM and then went straight to AOTC, you'd be wondering what happened to Darth Maul too. You'd have to assume he was dead, IMHO. Otherwise he'd be on screen. Same deal.

Just a constructionist viewpoint...a logical short-cut, as it were. Obviously the real answer is that none of these characters had even been dreamed up yet when the PT was filmed...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 9, 2010, 10:43 AM »
In fact, I think that Ashoka could return as a focus of more SW entertainment.

I agree here.  While it is highly plausible to to say they all die since the are not in future movies, I cant say I expect that to happen to all of the major players in TCW.  Don't quote me on this, but didn't Lucas basically do the same with Quinlan Vos (or was it some other Jedi)?  Lucas picked whichever this jedi was to live, or not die, or not be mentioned or wheatever it was so he could continue on.  I am not being very specific, but I tink I know what I am talking about...   :P

So, my point is, who knows.  Maybe Rex and Ahsoka run away and make a love child "A long time ago in a galaxy even further and further away" and this is the plot of our next SW trilogy.   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 01:55 AM »
I disagree on the characters not being around, though I do think Ventress will get offed at some point...  At least that's what I'd do with her as a character. 

Bane though, I disagree completely.  He's a Bounty Hunter.  Money talks, and when it shuts up, then Bane walks away.  I don't think he's considered a Separatist leader or anything, he's more a tool to just get the job done now and then.  He could be dead, but I think it's just as likely that he's alive.

It's the ROTS crawl I believe, but doesn't it say there are heroes on both sides?  Some probably die in the waning days of the war, others would go on the run as war criminals or to be held responsible as leaders of the losing side at the very least.  Some may wind up just falling into obscurity.  I think that line could be interpreted as applicable to characters like Bane or Ventress.  Bane seems least likely to be dead to me, and Ventress I could easily see her being eliminated for knowing more than they care to have floating around in someone as unstable as she is.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 11:01 PM »
I think that line could be interpreted as applicable to characters like Bane or Ventress.  Bane seems least likely to be dead to me, and Ventress I could easily see her being eliminated for knowing more than they care to have floating around in someone as unstable as she is.

I really can't see what more Filoni can plan to do with Ventress (I'm a huge fan of her character, though), especially after the Savage Opress-arc of episodes - Sidious even orders Dooku to kill her.

Bane I don't necessarily think they have to kill off, because he can just walk away from the Clone Wars at any point (or even get thrown into prison for the remainder of the war), but Ventress is more complicated because she's actually tied into the Separatist cause, working personally for Dooku.

Ahsoka is probably the hardest to retcon into the films. Although I like the way she's progressed throughout the show, I honestly hope she's just offed during Order 66, for continuity's sake.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2011, 02:29 PM »
I assumed when ahsoka was introduced that she was going to die and that would push Anakin towards the dark side. However, as the series goes on it doesn't really seem necessary. It would make more sense (as far a ROTS) that she either achieve the rank of knight with Anakin as her master or that she be removed from Anakin and trained by someone else. Either scenario gives more sting to the council not making him a master and doesn't contradict ROTS. Then the assumption would be that she was just killed by order 66.

I bet you the eventual "ROTS special edition" has a digital Ahsoka running around in the background on Coruscant. ::)
« Last Edit: February 5, 2011, 02:31 PM by Lestat »

Offline Phantom-like Menace

• Youngling
  • The hammer is my penis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 8, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Yeah, Asajj has an easy out now. Dooku is done with her. She'd be smart not to make herself seen in Episode III. Hell, maybe she or someone else gives Bane a better offer to be a problem for the Separatists and he too decides discretion from the other side of the galaxy is the better part of valor. We're talking about people who will kill you when they're not happy with you, so it's not hard to see someone getting very far from them.

I bet you the eventual "ROTS special edition" has a digital Ahsoka running around in the background on Coruscant. ::)

I could easily see Lucas add her into the movie. It wouldn't take much. But I'd really rather see Vader hunt her down during the time between Episode III and IV. Maybe it could even be something they'd do if the live action television show makes it off the ground before a very senior citizen Daniel Logan fifty years from now needs to be de-aged by CGI to reprise Boba Fett.
I hate softgoods!!!

You're making me apathetic. You won't like me when I'm apathetic. I get big, green, and don't give a ****.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 8, 2011, 12:21 PM »
I think they just missed THE PERFECT solution for writing her out of the story for good while not traumatizing the kids.

It's so simple, it's pure genius:

She should have elected to stay on Mortis to take the place of the Daughter.

I literally got up and shouted it while watching last week's episode, it became so apparent. She serves a greater purpose, they don't have to kill her off, and they have a perfectly satisfactory explanation for why she is not only unseen but never even mentioned in ROTS.

Of course, they would never go for this because it would mean taking her off the show for the rest of the run, which I could easily stand, but they do have the perfect out here.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 8, 2011, 07:42 PM »
I think they just missed THE PERFECT solution for writing her out of the story for good while not traumatizing the kids.

It's so simple, it's pure genius:

She should have elected to stay on Mortis to take the place of the Daughter.

Hey, that IS a good solution! But what I'm actually hoping for is that she gets killed... I don't mean to sound so brutal, but it would be a perfect pathway for helping Anakin to turn into Darth Vader... like someone said earlier that made sense, he's all fine and dandy in ROTS, and then all of a sudden in the next scene you have him slaughtering little kids like nothing. I think there's a lot of stuff that should be written into the show that should devastate Anakin so that he has more of a transition into Vader.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 12:32 PM »
In retrospect, Asoka, should have died in last night's episode of "The Citadel" in the Carbon Freezing process (which was a scene I though was unnecessary and cheesy).  Afterall, we know from ESB that carbon freezing was supposed to be dangerous - Lando notes that if you put someone in the carbon freezing chamber it could kill them - yet in the episode, the Jedi and Clones seem to go about the process with pretty much a routine or devil-may-care attitude.  So, they all jump in the freezing chamber, including Asoka (unknown to Anakin), something goes wrong and she doesn't survive.  They arrive at the Citadel, get thawed out, and there's the dead Asoka.  Anakin blames himself, Obi Wan lectures him about how he instilled his rebelliousness into his padawan and look what it got him, their mission nearly gets compromised, Anakin gets pushed closer to the Dark Side... and well we know the rest.

Sorry, just having too much fun ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 02:48 PM »
I'm with you there, I think they really underplayed the danger that goes into Carbon Freezing.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 4, 2011, 05:31 PM »
I see the carbon freezing as an "approved version" for freezing people and one that isn't "approved" for freezing people on Bespin. The carbon freezing seemed like a pretty routine way of moving prisoners around and Bespin's carbon freeze wasn't designed for freezing living people like this prisoner version was.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: March 4, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Who says Lando knows anything about Carbon Freezing to begin with?  He is the city administrator...why should he know if you can or cannot freeze people.  He just knows what they use their carbon freezing chamber for.  Obviously Vader knows because he's done it to himself and so does C-3PO as he explains in the scene dialogue