Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93792 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2007, 09:19 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2007, 11:16 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of that other than I'm embarassed for some of the actors who I guess aren't making enough off the autograph circuit and are now in that.

Doesn't Cameron make any residuals from friggin' Ferris Bueller?

I loves me some Star Trek...  I NEED some Star Trek in my life right now.  But I don't need that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Um...yeah. Anyway, I saw Corgi's Enterprise-D at Hastings tonight.  It looks really good, but I'd rather have a Nebula-class.  ;D They also had the Data and Geordi "...All Good Things" 2-pack. But I think the AA original Enterprise might be something I pick up later this week. Or DST, or whoever it is that makes them now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2007, 10:20 AM »
I'm liking the Mego figures. I'll probably pick those up since I have fond memories of those from when I had some originals.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2007, 10:58 AM »
I'm not sure what to make of that other than I'm embarassed for some of the actors who I guess aren't making enough off the autograph circuit and are now in that.

Doesn't Cameron make any residuals from friggin' Ferris Bueller?

It looks quite amatuerish... but these were original actors from the various series.

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 5, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about a fourth wave of JL ships? I was going to New Force to look at TAC cases when I saw that Wave 4 was up for preorder. I preordered a case of twelve. It sounds like they're repaints, but also have some kind of extras. This is the description: USS ENTERPRISE 1701-A W/PHO 2 USS MAJESTIC W/EXPLOSIONS 2 USS DEFIANT W/PHASERS 2 BORG CUBE WITH SPHERE 2 USS ENTERPRISE D W/EXTRAS 2 USS VOYAGER W/LANDING GEAR

I'm not sure but I think the Majestic is a Miranda-class, which would make it a Reliant repaint. But, since I never found wave 3, Voyager and the Cube will new for me.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 5, 2007, 01:26 PM »
Wave 3 is all that ever showed up around here :-\  Every so often I'm tempted to go back and find the rest because size-wise these are a nice fit with the Star Wars and BSG titanium ships. Voyager and the Cube were the only two I picked up so far, so seeing them in Wave 4 again isn't any good for me.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2007, 09:46 AM »
That's pretty amusing. I haven't seen anything of Space 1999 since it's been on the air.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Picked up my first Art Asylum ST ship, the WOK Enterprise. Took advantage of a damaged shipment from Newforce and have to say it's a pretty detailed ship.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2008, 12:45 AM »
Star Trek Headed Back To Playmates

Neat!  8) Though it's only for the new movie.  DST still has the license for previous incarnations.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2008, 11:49 PM »
DST's Trek offerings from Toy Fair.

They're doing a Enterprise-D, which is great. I like the Borg figures too, though I don't collect DST's figures.

And, there's a new series of Johnny Lightning Legends ships out there. I saw a Borg cube w/ sphere at my local TRU this weekend, which of course meant I missed the Voyager again. Good luck beating all the die-cast collectors to those.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2008, 12:24 AM »
Was hoping for a regular 7 of 9 figure to be honest.  Yeah, I know.  I'll get the Borg figs though anyway.

Happy to hear of new Johnny Lightnings too.  We don't see them at retail here, so it's ebay for me anyway. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2008, 02:46 AM »
I just got back from Vegas, and while I was there, I hit up Star Trek: The Experience at the Hilton. It was all sorts of neat, and I found these there. I picked up Kirk and the Klingon, figuring I can get the McCoy/Romulan and Spock/Andorian sets online (and cheaper.)

The gift shop also had some Johnny Lightning ships, which was great, as long as you wanted the cloaked Romulan BOP or the Reliant with flames on it. They had scads of those two, and nothing else.

The attraction itself was pretty neat too. Lots of props from the TV series and movies on display. I have a bunch of pictures I'll get around to showing hopefully this week.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 4, 2008, 02:10 AM »
Not sure how many folks have paid attention to the Sideshow stuff regarding Star Trek, but some of it has taken a huge leap of late.  About six months ago you could buy the premium format figures for under retail price, including 7 of 9. 

Not so anymore

Matters not which version you want

Just wow. 

Kirk and Spock have gone up over retail value as well.  I had hoped to get the Spock version, but it is not to be.