Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93828 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #165 on: January 22, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Nice playsets...  I think the bridge is really a well made little thing, and the transporter looks fantastic.  I'm not sure how easily I'll get sucked into these, but for custom fodder I could see buying some of them at least, and probably the playsets too since the price is pretty low on those.  Cool toys for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Both scales look great, but I'd stick with the 3 3/4" stuff as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07 PM »
Nice playsets...  I think the bridge is really a well made little thing, and the transporter looks fantastic.  I'm not sure how easily I'll get sucked into these, but for custom fodder I could see buying some of them at least, and probably the playsets too since the price is pretty low on those.  Cool toys for sure.

Agreed... wouldn't count on it, but it would be nice if Hasbro's paying attention to that bridge scene.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2009, 03:53 PM »
I love the bridge, even if it's just a "playmat" under it.  I wonder what the figures will come with to make that more complete though?  Sounds like they may each come with a piece of the bridge.  For the chairs alone the $25 is worth it to me as a customizer though.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2009, 03:55 AM »
More pics from TNI, most we have seen but better quality.

The first phase of the new Star Trek toys will include: fully-articulated action figures (3.75") which come with phasers, communicators and other accessories. ($6.99 each). Shown here is Spock, Scotty, Checkov, Sulu, McCoy, Uhura and Kirk.

Fully-articulated action figures (6") come with phasers, communicators and other accessories. ($8.99 each). Shown here is Kirk, Spock, Sulu, Nero, Uhura, McCoy, Scotty and old Spock.

Fully-articulated action figures (12") come with removable utility belts, phasers, communicators and other accessories. ($29.99 each each). Shown here is old Spock, McCoy, Kirk, Spock & Nero.

The USS Enterprise. The updated vessel from the new film includes lights and emits sound effects and actual film dialogue between the Kirk and Spock characters. It rests on a Starfleet shield base that attaches via a ball-and-socket tip that lets the ship pivot 360 degrees. ($30).

Amazing and intricate playsets with working lights and sounds that are compatible with the 3.75" action figures including the Enterprise Bridge($25) and the Transporter Room playset ($30).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2009, 04:08 PM »
The 3" figures look like they have more articulation than I thought at first.  Not bad.  I don't think I'll be buying very many at $7 each, however, especially when the 6" figures are only $2 more.  I'm not very big on the 6" scale action figures anyway, so I know I won't be buying any of those.

The 12" figures look very basic and while there may be a uniform or accessory piece that is interesting, I'm not paying $30 for them.  That's way too expensive.

The ship looks nice and would be a fun toy but again, pass.  The playsets, on the other hand, are the bright spots in the collection.  I'm interested to see exactly what the transporter playset does.  The bridge is very basic, really, but it works.  And the accessories are great for all sorts of things besides just the ST bridge.  And at $25 it's very affordable.  This looks like more fun and more potential than Hasbro's Mustafar playset and that rang in at $30 four years ago.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2009, 03:47 AM »
Electronic Role Play Toys [$15 each]

Electronic Starfleet Phaser:
The electronic Starfleet Phaser is constructed of vacuum-metalized ABS and makes authentic Star Trek movie sounds when activated. The gun barrel pivots horizontally to switch from Stun to Vaporize, with each setting having its own set of lights and sounds.

Electronic Tricorder:
Lights-up and makes authentic Star Trek movie sounds when buttons are pressed.
Also features sound-off activation sounds and spring-loaded top and front door covers.

Electronic Starfleet Communicator:
This roleplay item is based on the Starfleet Communicator used in the movie. The cover manually flips open to reveal the Starfleet Federation logo. Press the activation buttons to see authentic lights and hear character phrases from the movie.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2009, 10:02 AM »
The more I see that new Enterprise, the more it scares me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2009, 04:37 PM »
I've read elsewhere that that picture is of a prototype; the one seen here is the real toy.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2009, 11:49 PM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2009, 09:40 AM »
Comingsoon.net has some pics posted from NYTF. Looking at the packaging, the Bridge & Transporter playsets come will a figure. Kirk for the Bridge & Scotty for the Transporter.

Star Trek 2009

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 26, 2009, 06:46 PM »
Wow - I am so glad I stopped collecting Star Trek toys a while ago.

I was once a die-hard collector of the 5" Playmates line, but all of the scale changes really turned me off.

It's good to see that some things never change!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2009, 10:48 AM »
It looks like a commercial for the new line of toys has shown up on YouTube.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2009, 06:44 PM »
It looks like a commercial for the new line of toys has shown up on YouTube.

Cool commercial.  Almost seemed like a 1992 Playmates Star Trek commercial which really brought back some memories.  I was a big time Playmates Star Trek collector and I can't wait for that new bridge.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Found the new Trek toys at TRU. I found pretty much everything except the 4" stuff. Didn't buy anything, but I will.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk