Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93814 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #30 on: January 4, 2005, 11:53 PM »
'Cause they're dumb.

I haven't ordered yet. Just thinking about it, or waiting for a place I've bought from before to get them in.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 5, 2005, 09:04 AM »
Have you seen these 1/7000 Star Trek Museum #2
HLJ has them & series 1 but there backordered.  1/7000 Star Trek Museum #1

Sort of like the Konami ships/figures I collect. They look nice.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: January 5, 2005, 11:40 AM »
For those interested in the Johnny Lightning ships, it sounds like NewForce Ccomics is doing full sets INCLUDING chase peices as well...

We have received our shipment and will be able to make complete sets of all 6 series 1 ships available for $24.99 (+ shipping). They are not on the site yet, so please email for ordering details, if interested in obtaining a set (newforcecomics@aol.com). Thanks.

***UPDATE 1/1/05*** We have received an incredible number of requests, far exceeding our existing supply (wow!). We are trying to determine if we can get additional cases in route to us, and will respond to all inquiries asap!

***UPDATE 1/3/05*** I believe we will be able to procure more cases directly from JL, so we should be able to fill all requests, as well as new orders-we will email specific ordering instructions to all that have emailed us requesting. Also, we will be shipping the rare/chase white lightning ships as part of sets at NO additional cost...

May be worth your while to drop them an email and see if you can stil get in on the pre-ordering for complete sets of ships?

www.newforcecomics.com

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 5, 2005, 11:55 AM »
If you email them Dale, ask for two sets.  My luck with Newforce has been pretty miserable of late.  Mirror Scotty, whereforeart thou? :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 5, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Will do Brent, I like the part "Also, we will be shipping the rare/chase white lightning ships as part of sets at NO additional cost...". 

See what they say.  ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 5, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Email away, just waiting now. Will keep you posted Brent.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 5, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Thank you. 

Y'know, I'm going to have to sit down and figure out where we stand with our nearly year long exchange of goods.  If I don't do it soon, we're going to end up like Scott and I where I just keep sending him crap and vice versa without doing a very good job of keeping track :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 5, 2005, 12:53 PM »
Thank you. 

Y'know, I'm going to have to sit down and figure out where we stand with our nearly year long exchange of goods.  If I don't do it soon, we're going to end up like Scott and I where I just keep sending him crap and vice versa without doing a very good job of keeping track :-X

I have no idea where were at.  :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 5, 2005, 04:07 PM »
Have you seen these 1/7000 Star Trek Museum #2
HLJ has them & series 1 but there backordered.  1/7000 Star Trek Museum #1

Sort of like the Konami ships/figures I collect. They look nice.

I like the Futura stuff better, but I don't own any of it.  :-\
I would, but since they'd be about $15 each through anywhere, hell with it.
Goes back to that whole import thing in the 4-pack Clone thread.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 6, 2005, 04:42 PM »
Found a set of the Johnny Lightning ships today at TRU. There was only this one set, sorry guys.

There weren't an White Lightning ones, at least not when I got there.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 9, 2005, 08:44 PM »
Legends of Star Trek by Johnny Lightning

New Star Trek toys are always good, in my opinion.
But, these new ships aren’t without faults.

First up, the USS Enterprise NCC-1701

I find to be a properly sized ship, about 4 ¾” long from the end of the nacelles to the front of the ship. It’s gray, just as on the TV show. There’s not much detail, but then again the one on the show was pretty smooth, and also lacked paint detail.
All in all, my second favorite in this first series.

Secondly, the Enterprise NX-01
This is my favorite ship in the series. It looks good on my desk here.
It’s nowhere near as detailed as Art Asylum’s model, obviously, but it’s fairly detailed as far as a 4” plastic ship could be expected to be. It could have used some slightly different paint detailing throughout.

Next, the Klingon D-7 cruiser
I think it’s pretty close in scale to the NCC-1701. It’s about 4 ¼” long, and like the NCC-1701, lacks paint detail and is just as smooth as said ship. It might have been neat had they detailed it like the movie versions, and I wouldn’t put it past JL to consider that since they’re repainting almost all this series for the 2nd series.

The USS Reliant NCC-1864
Ah, the ill-fated ship Khan stole in what is likely the best Star Trek flick ever.
It’s white. Very white. I’m finding it hard to tell if I got the White Lightning version or not. I doubt it. Anyway, this ship has the kind of sculpted in detailing one would expect. The paint details are crisp and in place. I liked it up until I tried attaching it to the base. I damn near broke it in half trying to get in on there. The hole seems a little too small.
This is where the 4” scale begins to show its weaknesses. This ship is much bigger than than both Enterprise, so displaying them next to each other looks silly.

Shuttlecraft Galileo
It’s a big, barely painted gray plastic box. It’ll likely be the one that pegwarms.
I hate it and wish I’d have passed on it.

Romulan Bird of Prey.
This ship is goddamn huge. Bigger than any other ship in this first series. It’s another smooth, undetailed  gray thing. It does have that funny-looking painted-on falcon (or vulture. Whichever. Excuse me…space vulture.) Never did see the episode this craft was featured in, so I chalk this purchase up to me being an overeager consumer.

Overall…
In my opinion, the Enterprises, the Klingon D-7, and the Reliant are the only worthy purchases in this set. The others aren’t bad, but if they were slightly smaller, I wouldn’t be so harsh on them. Buy them if you like them.
And, the ships themselves are hollow plastic. The only die-cast parts are the stands.
I was a little disappointed in this series, but then again I’m a TNG brat. Those who grew up watching TOS will eat these up. Myself, I can’t wait for the Enterprises D and E, Voyager, Defiant, and DS9.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Star Trek TV themes

Thought some of you might enjoy this. Do keep in mind it's an Angelfire page, and not likely to work when you want it to.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2005, 09:35 AM »
Star Trek TV themes

Thought some of you might enjoy this. Do keep in mind it's an Angelfire page, and not likely to work when you want it to.

Works great for me. I really like DS9's theme, theres just something about it. Enterprise's Broken Bow is nice too. I have no favorites from the movies.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2005, 02:10 PM »
The only movie theme I really liked were The Motion Picture's, The Undiscovered Country's, and First Contact's. The rest of them are pretty pedestrian.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2005, 09:55 PM »
That custom Captain's Log went for $121.38    :o