Author Topic: STAR WARS 1942 - series 2 - 6" custom figures  (Read 8654 times)

Offline Sillof

• Youngling
    • View Profile
STAR WARS 1942 - series 2 - 6" custom figures
« on: August 7, 2010, 12:13 PM »

Star Wars: 1942 is a line of 6” custom figures that puts Star Wars right in the middle of WWII.  The line emphasizes the WWII elements of Star Wars and has the rebels as the side of the Allied powers and the Empire as the side of the Axis powers

It is a follow up to the line I did with another customizer, Glorbes, back in 2008.  I loved Glorbes work but it bothered me only having half a set of figures.  My troopers needed a Darth Vader and I always need another Boba Fett

Battle Droid Mk. C3  (C-3PO)

As an early automated automaton designed as a smaller tank operated on radio command signals for more close quarter combat then a Sherman tank can offer. He features a desert tan color scheme and replacement leg in battleship gray and features a machine gun arm.

The color of the figure is reminiscent of C-3PO's color scheme, the abdominal wheel is similar to his disc design, and the overall thin frame is like that of his cinematic inspiration.

Battle Droid Mk. D2  (R2-D2)

Designed as a smaller manned tank, the Mk. D2 can be piloted by a smaller framed driver. His is more of a utility model then a combat weapon. The driver can access the vehicle from an access hatch located on the top of the unit. He offers assistance in the form of tools, fuel, and war supplies.

The model comes in a battleship gray which is meant to be a combination of R2's classic white, blue, and silver color scheme. The figure also has 2 sets of tank treads like the classic 2 legged droid, the various metal plates are evocative of R2's numerous doors and the single cannon is meant to represent R2's single eye.

General Ben Kenworthy  (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

A battle tested soldier and seasoned veteran of WWI. The General is called back up to active duty to oversea a dangerous rescue mission with ties from his past.

Designed to evoke a kind of General Patton feel, Kenworthy is wearing combat fatigues and boots, along with a leather bomber jacket and field helmet.

Imperial Stormtrooper (Stormtrooper)

The backbone of the secret order of the SS, the Todesstern, was the Sturmsoldat, or Stormtrooper.

The figure comes in gray fatigues (the white just did not seem logical in wartime) and the standard MP40 submachine gun and a grenade canister on his back where the stormtroopers wore thermal detonators.

Reichsführer Vater (Darth Vader)

Reichsführer of a Einsatzgruppen, or special task force, known as the Todesstern, he was tasked with the most high level and important missions.

Vater, is German for father, just as Vader is Dutch for father, a slight nod possibly to his later explained lineage. He comes donned in traditional black leather, with a very sinister gas mask, and the famous German flared helmet. This img was inspired by Glorbes drawings with slight modifications by Sillof. The figure now evokes a more menacing, hulking frame that hunches over slightly.

Bodo Vett  (Boba Fett)

Bodo Vett was an SS Sonderkommandos, elite secret troops, whose existence was so secret other high ranking members had no knowledge of their existence.

Bodo still has that classic gray and green color scheme. The shovel is meant to evoke the profile of the rocket pack. His gauntlet weapons are now a knife and flashlight. The gun is similar in design to Fett's movie blaster. The armor is based off of actual photos of real WWII combat armor. The helmet is an original design that incorporates the flared look of the other helmets with Fett's classic "T" visor.

Here is Series 1 & 2 together

« Last Edit: August 7, 2010, 12:51 PM by Sillof »

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
Re: STAR WARS 1942 - series 2 - 6" custom figures
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:39 AM »
Beautiful work as usual!!  Nice use of the WWII era tools (flashlights, entrenching tools, etc.)
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Those are pretty cool! Great job!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:01 PM »
These are just too cool man!  I love this "alternative universe" SW stuff.  Keep going!!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline hangarbay94

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 9, 2011, 04:23 PM »
I absolutely love what you have done here. The quality of workmanship is awesome, and the whole idea is great fun and very inspiring.

I'd love to see some custom ships to go with the set...I wonder what the Millennium Falcon would look like, or an Imperial Cruiser for that matter!

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 05:42 PM »
It'd be nice to see Leia's '42 equivalent, too. These are awesome, as I stated before, but it's nice to keep coming back and looking at these!

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 09:47 AM »
It'd be nice to see Leia's '42 equivalent, too. These are awesome, as I stated before, but it's nice to keep coming back and looking at these!

I'm picturing maybe something akin to a "Rosie the Riveter" poster?
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Sillof

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Thanks for the compliments and I actually have the parts out on my desk right now to finish leia.

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 11:31 PM »
Thanks for the compliments and I actually have the parts out on my desk right now to finish leia.

I can't wait to see her.