Author Topic: Celebration V  (Read 13075 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Celebration V
« on: August 11, 2010, 09:37 AM »
So, I'm not there and chances are most of you aren't either...anyone have a schedule as to when Hasbro has a presentation...when the show opens etc?

I'd expect to see AOTC and maybe the first 2011 Wave (TPM?)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:42 AM by Scott »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration V
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:52 AM »
Yeah, I wish I could go, but I'll definitely be following along with stuff online as much as possible.  I'm wondering what we'll see that's "new" as well.  I'm sure we'll finally get the reveal of the Slave 1 set, which at this point has already been found at retail.  Like you said Scott, I'd guess the AOTC wave, and then a peek at 2011.  I can't remember for sure, but do the "themed" waves go away after AOTC?  I thought originally they said next Fall, but then later updated that in a Q and A saying that this year's offerings would be the last one.  I guess we'll find out in a day or two.  I was curious when the Hasbro presentation was going to be as well.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:02 AM »
So, I'm not there and chances are most of you aren't either...anyone have a schedule as to when Hasbro has a presentation...when the show opens etc?

I'd expect to see AOTC and maybe the first 2011 Wave (TPM?)

Events start at about 10am every day. Hasbro's "What's new" presentation is Friday at 1:30. Friday schedule.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 11:49 AM »
Events start at about 10am every day. Hasbro's "What's new" presentation is Friday at 1:30. Friday schedule.

Thanks for the heads up Jayson!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Ryan and I were going to go until it was annouced that it would be in Florida. That completely killed our plans for a sequal to our Ultimate Group Project diorama. If it was in Chicago or LA it would have happened. This version was going to dwarf C4's version in size. We even talked about having the biggest collection of imperial troops ever assembled for a convention in the middle of the diorama. It would have been amazing!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 08:52 PM »
I'm hoping for a sneak peek at the next 1-2 (or maybe even 3) waves of TVC for 2011, same for TCW. I just hope though that Hasbro's slideshow panel isn't 99.9% of the one used in SDCC.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 08:56 PM »
I see on Scum's preview pictures they have some neat dioramas set up for the Hasbro stuff...  A large Bespin Gantry that features a funny "hidden" glimpse of what our very own ICMG was up to I guess.

I thought the Ryloth Bridge scene from Clone Wars was particularly well done.

They also had a Hoth display that may (or may not, I didn't really look it over) be the same from SDCC.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04 AM »
 I think it will be mostly what they showed at the SDCC with a few more things like the AOTC wave like Scott said.  I am hoping for some sneak peak stuff from the ANH wave but I don't expect it.  I suppose they may show carded figures from the ROTJ wave? 

I am just not getting my hopes up as far as new reveals go.  It will primarily just be showcasing stuff that is out now or in the very new future we have already heard about or seen. 

But hey if they want to announce they are making a Sail Barge feel free to do so Hasbro  ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 09:45 AM »
Is it too early to be disappointed already?  ;D

I'll be curious to see more photos from today, but the initial galleries on Sandtroopers last night were totally underwhelming. All I saw was crap that has been leaked for months...the Carnie/Fixer comic pack, Vintage Wave 2, Slave 1, etc.

I know there will likely be more out than what has been pictured to this point, so I am cautiously optimistic, but bracing for a letdown.

Where's the HMP? Cato Parasitti? Undead Geonosian?

I guess the best hope is that the slideshow gets updated from SDCC and they actually show off some stuff from next year.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 12:13 PM »
I think we could see a couple of new waves. Up to ANH at least. I'm expecting a nice surprise or two.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 05:15 PM »
Is it too early to be disappointed already?  ;D

Yeah - I'm thinking the same thing - where's the AOTC Vintage Wave?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Is it too early to be disappointed already?  ;D

Yeah - I'm thinking the same thing - where's the AOTC Vintage Wave?

Tomorrow! I do not expect to be surprised but I expect to see that wave in pictures at the very least. When Hasbro said they were going to hold some items back I am sure they had this wave and the leaked Slave One in mind at a minimum. I am hoping there is at least 1-2 unknown exclusives and or a preview of next year. If none of that happens I must say it would be underwhelming. Let the bitching start (if warranted) after the slide show tomorrow.

They really should have saved the big guns for the all SW show but we must have Jedi patience until then.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:57 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 09:52 PM »
This is Hasbro's last chance to showcase a sneak-peek into 2011. And they always (at least usually) have something to show off for the next year. Here's to hoping they don't disappoint... again. ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Wedge has been Moved to 2012? 

Wow that guy will never catch a break.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Wedge has been Moved to 2012? 

Wow that guy will never catch a break.

GH says something about him keeping his #26 slot in the line, even though he'll come way later.