Author Topic: TESB Finale Medical Bay  (Read 14533 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
TESB Finale Medical Bay
« on: August 11, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Hey guys!  Just finished my latest diorama.  I have WIP pics over at RS if anyone's interested.  The galaxy is a pic of the actual Andromeda galaxy, with a rebel ship photoshopped in.  Thanks for looking!

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: TESB Finale Medical Bay
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Meh.  It's an okay start, looks more like a WIP pic if you ask me.  Need to pay more attention to your details too.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Just kidding!!

Another amazing job.  I couldn't ever muster the patience you have for all of these fine little details you have in there.  If Hasbro ever sold these dioramas at retail, I would be one very happy collector.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 10:59 PM »
That's just BEAUTIFUL. Everything about it looks perfect! Another great diorama!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 03:11 AM »
Greg, that's outstanding as always...  Your attention to detail doesn't just give someone looking (and comparing) your works sensory overload, but it even makes me laugh out loud sometimes that you catch little things like the parts on the tray for 2-1B to work on Luke's arm.

Even how you lit the ceiling of the room was impressive to me, maybe among the most impressive details...  I'm still curious how you did the "flourescent tube cover" look to that.  What's that material?

I almost hate to ask this, but can you part-by-part go through your construction of the bed?  That is a single piece that I think anyone would love to make themselves for the Luke figure they have to sit on.  He's ok standing, but VASTLY superior with his sleeve up on that bed IMO.

I recognize the bed's base as the treadwell droid...  beyond that though, you've got me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Wow! That really is an incredible diorama. Everything looks exactly like the movie. I knew someone had to make this dio sooner or later when those two figures came out. I'm glad you did it!!!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:41 PM »
Great diorama, excellent distribution of the space, figures and items. :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Best. Diorama. EVAR.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 03:20 PM »
Thanks so much for the kind words, guys!  Yeah, the ceiling is one of my favorite materials: it's an opaque shelf-liner (the kind you would put on your shelves for dishes, etc) that I bought years ago to serve as the ribbed doorway threshold for Tatooine dios, like the Cantina entrance.  The light coming through here is actually just natural light from my window above this diorama!  As for the chair, here's a closer pic (note that I altered it a bit since this pic; namely I removed the pieces sticking out from the sides and replaced it with thin wire).  The bed itself is made of 3 pieces of thin balsa wood cut with an x-acto blade.  It actually can recline a little based on the puzzle-piece shape it has.  The cushions on the bed itself are little rectangle foamies.  The control box on the side is a foamcore rectangle dressed with little cpu board greeblies.  The opaque tube under the chair is a wire "sheath" that I crimped repeatedly with a wire-cutter.  I cut a hole into the floor of the dio so that the treads of the treadwell would sink in.

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 10:32 PM »
wow, that is absolutley amazing! i don't even care for that scene much but your dio has surpassed the actual scene by leaps and bounds! the detail in this dio is nothing short of masterful and the materials you used look like actual real-life material, it dosn't look like foam board etc, etc....in many dio including my own it is still easy to tell the foam board parts, this however is seamless.....i haven't seen work from oyu in a long time due to my abscences from the hobby and community, and this is an outstanding look at how far you've progressed in leaps and bounds....great work all around this dio!

just out of curiousity, how long did this master piece take you and how do you choose the scene"s you create?

again great work and i hope you are well!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: September 1, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Wow! This is stunning! Great job!!!

I was really wondering about that chair as well, so thanks for explaining. How do you have this piece displayed? Is it in a shadow box?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 11:09 PM »
i don't even care for that scene much ...

Huh?  Don't like that scene...in 1980 sitting in giant, one screen theaters, this scene (and the last 30 minutes) of Empire were crushing to a 12 year old.  Powerful movie, it is.

Amazing work on the dio...just wonderful.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Anyone who can put the detail and time into this sort of things deserves full kudos and this dio is a great example of that.

Good on you!!!
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 01:05 PM »
very creative in designing the chair :)