Author Topic: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs  (Read 100624 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2011, 02:46 PM »
I wonder if any of the actors who portrayed these doomed rebels know that they received the plastic treatment 28 years later.

I think it should be mandatory that LFL sends one out to the actors, or their next of kin, free of charge   ;D

If you are in a movie and they make a figure portraying the character you played, you should at least get a figure, and perhaps a piece of the pie.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2011, 08:42 PM »
Picked these up yesterday... the back of the package clearly labels who everyone is and all, which is great, but are these TIE Pilots names and all made up or were there really characters like that in (the planning of) the films?

Just trying to figure out if I should throw them in with all the other TIE Pilots or if they need to go with all the Endor stuff.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2011, 08:50 PM »
I definitely like the different TIE Pilots in the 4-packs.  But almost ALL of the figures in these packs are retcon characters.  Grizz Frix and Ekelarc Yong are the only ones that I recognize clearly from the space battle in ROTJ.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2011, 02:13 AM »
Rob,  I'm thinking if the TIE Pilot names come from anywhere, it's the old "Customizable Card Game" that was out.  It named a lot of unnamed stuff back in the day and they were giving TIE's squad designations and things.

I picked up both sets Sunday afternoon, and they're as cool as I had hoped.  Only one set on the shelf or I'd have bought more I think.  They're really sporting some slick decoes on the helmets I think, especially Yong's Y-Winger bucket.  I dig it. 

I need to contact TRU because they were going to honor the deal, however a 3rd set wasn't available, so I need to see if they'll maybe give me a discount on something else or whatever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2011, 10:17 AM »
Just opened these last night.  The only complaints I have are that Grizz's visor on his helmet is barely translucent and the Tie Fighter pilot with crazy gun - his gun is very loose in his holster.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2011, 05:33 PM »
Thanks Jesse, I'm just going to throw them in with the rest of the TIE Pilots.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2011, 07:02 AM »
The Endor sets are now available on Toysrus.com.  They have free shipping on orders over $100 too.  They also have a few Galactic Heroes 2 packs for $3.  I ordered my sets this morning and will have to call back for the price adjustment I was offered. 

Go get 'em!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2011, 09:55 AM »
THANKS JJ!!!

While I picked these sets up on Friday, out of principle I wanted my free set and freeing shipping that I signed up for. Like others I called and they made a note on my account that I decided to cash in on. I will return two of them when I receive the shipment to get my 3rd set.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Got my order adjusted.  Now I'll have an extra set if someone locally needs them, and got my extra set with the Y-Winger in it free.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2011, 06:57 PM »
I have the money added back to my gift card, plus I have more rewards bucks to use, so I'm very tempted to just re-order them. They still haven't shown up in the stores by me.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2011, 07:45 PM »
From what I heard after some asking, stores are getting 2 sets and that seems to be it with this initial push...  You maybe just missed them Pete.  I'd order.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2011, 12:27 PM »
From what I heard after some asking, stores are getting 2 sets and that seems to be it with this initial push...  You maybe just missed them Pete.  I'd order.

I have seen this as well at two TRU's. Like 97% of the time I agree with Jesse, save yourself the headache shipping is free to boot!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2011, 01:42 PM »
I called back for my price adjustment with no hassle.  In fact, TRU ended up giving me four sets for the price of two and free 2-day shipping.  Not bad TRU, not bad at all.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2011, 02:16 PM »
MY TRU still had two of each on the shelves today, or else they sold through and restocked already.

I still find it absolutely amazing that even to this day TRU has never stocked one single ROTJ figure.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2011, 12:04 AM »
I still find it absolutely amazing that even to this day TRU has never stocked one single ROTJ figure.

I am not a betting man but I would wager that $10.99 might have something to do with it.