Author Topic: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs  (Read 100606 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2010, 03:38 PM »
Next month, I believe. Will be anxiously awaiting the price on these exclusives. $40-50?

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 10:04 AM »
I am guessing $50 since it's a TRU exclusive?  I know people cry about that Target 9 pack being $50 but at least they give you 9 figures for $50.  This will be 4 for $50 (most likely).  I can't imagine TRU will go cheap all of a sudden.  At least these will be "new" figures.  Well sort of. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 11:47 AM »
The TFU sets were $35.00 for 5 figures, and they even dropped down to $29.99 for a short while. 

I can't imagine that they'd have the audacity to charge more than $30.00 - $35.00 for these sets.  I could be wrong though... but really, even at $20.00 I don't know if I'm interested.  I'm just bored with Hasbro for pushing pilots so much rather than ground troops.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 05:41 PM »
I'm going to guess $39.99 on these - can't see it being any lower given TRU's current pricing schemes.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2010, 05:50 PM »
I do not think even TRU will charge that much, I see these being $29.99 roughly the same as a Battle pack. then again after the $10.99 Vintage you never know.

I am actually really looking forward to these sets as they are on screen pilots that I really want. I could have done without the Tie Pilots for a lower price point or would have preferred some generic Mon Cal officer based on the Ackbar sculpt. (I hate the outdated legs on the Tie figure as they can do the "Steven Seagal front bone break".) I cannot blame you Chewie, they cranked out a lot of pilots the last few years with too many being EU. The floptastic bald Star Trek Chic and Old Sullustian were uncalled for and the sales showed for it. I did like the Blue Mon Cal/Squid pack, they are weird but interesting. they are also great for customs.

Grizz Frix was always my favorite generic pilot as he died like a champ. "She's gonna blow!" as sparks fly past his face, he did not scream like a bitch. As JJ calls him, the "I'M HIIIIT!" guy is really awesome, his death is memorable. The droids are really cool in these sets so I see these as a win, I welcome any OTC based item. If these get a second series this will be great to finish Yavin and Hoth.

Think of the possibilities:

Battle of Hoth Sets:
Set 1
Snowspeeder Hobbie
Snowspeeder Wedge
R-3PO (BAD Sculpt as shown at C4)
Beardless Rebel Trooper

Set 2
Snowspeeder Zev SA
Snowspeeder Dash Rendar
Leebo
Beardless Rebel Trooper

Battle of Yavin Sets:
Set 1
Davish Krail Pops
Red 10 Theron Nett
Another Astromech from the Battle
Rebel Ground Crew Officer

Set 2
Porkins
Tiree
Another Astromech from the Battle
Rebel Ground Crew Officer
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2010, 10:11 PM »
Yeah, I think you have some good ideas there Jack.

Part of what turned me off from some of the pilots was the over-usage of the Luke X-Wing body.  I never thought it looked too good for Luke actually, and even worse for some other characters. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2010, 09:32 AM »
I second that. I love these sets and hope the theme continues.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2010, 11:08 AM »
I'd actually like to see some sort of Imperial themed sets as well (but a mix with Rebels and Imperials might be better).  Anyways, here's some sets I think would be cool.

Battle of Yavin
- TIE Fighter Pilot
- Death Star Gunner (improved sculpt)
- Stormtrooper (Tantive IV sculpt)
- Grand Moff Tarkin (new)

Battle of Hoth
- Hoth Scout Trooper (improved sculpt)
- AT-AT Driver
- Snowtrooper
- General Veers (new)

Battle of Endor
- Scout Trooper
- AT-ST Driver (UBP sculpt)
- Stormtrooper (Tantive IV sculpt)
- Imperial Officer (new)

If they could price these suckers under $30.00... holy crap, I'd buy the hell out of them.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2010, 08:05 PM »
these are up for pre-order at TRU.com.  and only $24.99 each!   :o

supposedly shipping isn't until 2/11, but I just read on rs.com that someone in Canada just bought them and supplied pics.

I decided to go ahead and preorder my set.  today is the last day for the 10% back.  I figure if anything that will just about cover shipping to me.  also, I don't expect the prices to go down on these - only up.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:23 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2010, 12:44 AM »
I just got home and thought I'd let everyone know that my order qualified for "buy 2 get 1" on the site...  Even with shipping, that's a decent deal considering you get one free.  I put an extra set with the Y-Wing pilot in as the freebie, so that will be nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 25, 2010, 08:27 PM »
what?!?!  lol - I knew nothing of that deal - nor did it prompt me for it.  oh well...

ah I see you nabbed it today.  musta added the deal since last night.  I might have to do something about this...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 08:29 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2010, 05:41 PM »
I think you could just adjust your order, but it may force you to cancel/reorder. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2010, 06:01 PM »
I ordered two of each set from ToysRUs.com today.

I'm snowed in, I got a $25 gift card for Christmas from my step-son and I had a $5 Rewards-R-Us coupon that was expiring soon, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger - my cost when all was said and done was $60 for the four four-packs, not too shabby.

I was already planning on getting two of each set to open, so unless they pack these up super well, I'll just get a MIB pair in-store when they hit and wait to get these as my openers.

I think the price on these is VERY reasonable considering how expensive the WalMart Evolutions wave was and that was only three figures per set, not four.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2010, 06:03 PM »
I think you could just adjust your order, but it may force you to cancel/reorder. 

that is exactly what I ended up doing - cancel/reorder.  the bummer of that move was that I used 2 gift cards totalling $50.  TRU.com has a policy where I guess it takes 3-5 days for the funds to get back to these cards.  oh well - I am sure there will be something else.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2010, 09:52 AM »
these are up for pre-order at TRU.com.  and only $24.99 each!   :o

supposedly shipping isn't until 2/11, but I just read on rs.com that someone in Canada just bought them and supplied pics.

I decided to go ahead and preorder my set.  today is the last day for the 10% back.  I figure if anything that will just about cover shipping to me.  also, I don't expect the prices to go down on these - only up.

Great news about the price!