Author Topic: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs  (Read 100603 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: TRU "Battle of Endor" Pilot 4-packs
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2011, 01:10 PM »
I felt the same when I saw them - I wanted the droids and the Tie Pilots, beyond that it just didn't seem worthwhile at the time.  I'm hoping they'll make it to the seemingly inevitable TRU sale that these box sets often seem to reach and I'll be able to get them for $14.99 a pop instead of the $25 price tag.  And if I don't get them, no big deal really. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2011, 03:10 PM »
Yep, I'm burnt out on Rebel pilots myself.  It also doesn't help that the face sculpts on these look like something out of the POTF2 days.  They really did a poor job on them.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2011, 03:27 PM »
We have received a lot of rebel pilots since the POTF2 launch haven't we:

(Not shown: new TRU pilots, Jorg Sacul, 2 comic pack pilots and "Stoner" Luke. I think that's everybody. :P )
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:31 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2011, 04:17 PM »
I could agree about being burnt out by pilots, but I think this is the best way to offer them, too. I'm all excited about Grizz Fixx, though.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2011, 04:29 PM »
just picked up both of these - I like them!  and yeah, the box is pretty surprisingly small

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2011, 04:44 PM »
I've not seen them yet, but I'm excited to pick up a set.  I'd like to see the Yavin pilots wrapped up, and I'd like to pick up some extra ROTJ Y-Wing pilots.  Some Rogues would be nice too, as it'd be neat to get Corran Horn in his green uniform, and such.  I've got a ways I could still go with these, though I think they're best released in multi-packs like this.  Especially if they're getting their droids to go with them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2011, 05:20 PM »
Nice pic Jayson, that is a ton of pilots.

I do agree that these exclusive battle packs are a good way to offer some of the more obscure ones moving forward. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Scored these sets in a TRU store tonight.  And thanks to some TRU Rewards bucks each set wound up being about $20 each.  A nice addition to the Rebel pilot ranks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:08 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2011, 10:11 PM »
Has anyone seen these come up online again yet?  I'm still not seeing the add to cart button...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2011, 10:12 PM »
I think we need three more essential pilots and two are resculpts (assuming Wedge ever comes out)

Porkins
Tiree
Pops

I really hope they do a second wave of these only Yavin instead of Endor:

Porkins
Tiree
R5 Unit
Tie Pilot

Pops
Theron Nett
R2 Unit
Imperial Gunner

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2011, 10:27 PM »
I think you GOTTA add Theron Nett to that essential pilots list, Scott.  He's got a fair ammount of dialogue.  And since he's never been made I think he would rank above a Porkins resculpt.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2011, 01:18 AM »
A good list Scott...

And I'd like to add to your list though, Fake Wedge...

The guy who chats it up with Luke, who was supposed to be Wedge, but who was replaced by Dennis Lawson.  The guy sort of befriends LUke early, kind of a neat side character, doesn't really have a name I don't believe (unless you count him as Wedge already, which I don't).

Colin Higgins played the "Fake Wedge" as it were, and since they're two different guys, I'd really love to see him get a figure.  :)  Mostly because he interacts with Luke in the briefing, and it sorta feels naked not having him to put into a briefing scene then.

Definitely agree on a rescuplt of Porkins...  However, I think Biggs and Pops would be higher on my list of resculpting, personally.  Pops never got a proper figure, and Biggs is a giant, while the actor's not terribly taller than Mark Hammil.  I'd at least like to see the average-height body busted out for them.

Yavin has a few pilots I"d like to see done for the first time, and others redone or at least a new head on the average sized body.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2011, 01:25 AM »
I think you GOTTA add Theron Nett to that essential pilots list, Scott.  He's got a fair ammount of dialogue.  And since he's never been made I think he would rank above a Porkins resculpt.

Yeah, I agree...I thought he was there but I see I put him in the battle pack :P

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2011, 02:19 PM »
I just picked up the last set of these at TRU. I called and a nice guy held them in the front for me. TRU made up a little for the BS cancellation. Outside of the Tie Pilots I really liked these a lot and hope to see more in this series. I am really diggin Yong's R5 droid.

I also love the fact that we just received 3 of the Trilogy's greatest screaming pilots. I wonder if any of the actors who portrayed these doomed rebels know that they received the plastic treatment 28 years later.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2011, 02:25 PM »
I found one of these sets (2 of 2) at our local TRU today.  They had three of those, but no sign of the first set.  I was happy they had the Grizz set though, as that is the one I had really been looking forward, although both are cool.  Nice way to round out the pilots as well, and wouldn't mind seeing a second round of these (as already mentioned) focusing on Yavin.