Author Topic: Target Vintage Collection 9-Figure Box Set  (Read 32040 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Target Vintage Collection 9-Figure Box Set
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2010, 09:08 AM »
Has the DPCI number for this item shown up yet?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2010, 11:19 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, these are based off of the vintage combinations which would not include that particular imperial combination. Too bad.

Seems pretty darned close to me (scroll down to the bottom).  Or as close as you can get without the right Bespin Guard.  Hasbro did their homework on this one.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2010, 03:09 PM »
Has the DPCI number for this item shown up yet?

I'm going to quote this just in case someone knows and missed your original post. I'd love to know it too.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2010, 03:52 PM »
I don't believe so.  We had the last round of DPCI's, and this wasn't in it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2010, 03:00 PM »
From Yakface:

It's a very exciting time for Star Wars as the extraordinary Target exclusive Vintage 9-pack will be going on sale soon (Nov. 28th). There are two important things to note with this set. First, this set will be more limited than some of our other recent exclusives. Second, Target (and we) are so excited about the Vintage collection overall and these 3-packs that we have decided to keep this "collection within a collection" idea going at Target. Another wave of 3 3-packs will be coming in Spring and like these, they follow the Vintage character lineups. We think this an exciting development, and thanks to Target's support, hopefully fans will be treated to even more in this series. Thanks again for the support and be sure to get to Target soon. Happy Holidays - the Hasbro Star Wars team.

So, this set is on sale starting Sunday, will be very limited and we're getting another 9 pack in the spring. Hopefully more repacks so I can pass on them.

http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2010, 04:00 PM »
What's the price on this?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2010, 09:17 PM »
I echo Diddly's thoughts...  Hopefully repacks so I can easily say pass.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Although I'm not planning to buy the current set, I wouldn't mind dropping the money if the next sets are good... although repacks may be a little dull, this entire "collection within a collection" thing is a great concept.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2010, 11:42 PM »
I am passing on this set but it would be great if they decoed the figures like the RS antique finish joke awhile back in the next wave. I would bite in a heartbeat and it would offer something different. If they are just repacks again I will pass.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2010, 11:51 PM »

I don't know if its been confirmed anyplace, but during C-V, Hasbro said it was supposed to be an endcap item for around $50.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2010, 12:52 AM »

I don't know if its been confirmed anyplace, but during C-V, Hasbro said it was supposed to be an endcap item for around $50.

Yay... ::)

I retract the comment I made above that I would buy any future sets...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2010, 02:52 AM »
It seems to me that 9 figures for $50 is a hell of a deal.  That's less than 6 bucks apiece and you get some killer packaging, so I sure plan on grabbing this set.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2010, 10:33 AM »
I'm confused.  The upcoming Target set is a 9 pack.  But in the Q&A, hasbro refers to the next wave (spring '11) as 3-packs.  Am I reading that right that the next wave will have packs of three available for sale, or will it probably be packaged together, 9 total figures/1 bar code (like the winter '10 offering)?
I am not the Stig

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2010, 11:20 AM »
I'd have preferred Target get more big Battle Packs or something like the Geonosis arena two-packs. If they do release them as 3 packs, instead of a 9 figure boxed set, I might be interested depending on the figures.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2010, 11:37 AM »
It seems to me that 9 figures for $50 is a hell of a deal.  That's less than 6 bucks apiece and you get some killer packaging, so I sure plan on grabbing this set.

I would agree... I think there's a lot of reasons why this is a good set, and probably will be a success for both Hasbro and Target.

On top of the good price, these are all good figures... one would think this should make for a nice gift set for kids this Christmas, and collectors who want it for the nostalgia factor get a very unique set for display.

Then you also have people like myself who see this as an easy way to purchase a set of figures for additional diorama needs/customizing needs.

Overall, I think this first set is really nice. And I think future sets can be too, as long as Hasbro puts the "best of" versions for characters in these.

I also would not be surprised if Target approached Hasbro about future offerings like this, and if that's the case, I'd say that Hasbro would have every reason to take them up on it.

Personally, I plan on getting one set at full price.  Then if they go on clearance, I'll consider more.