Author Topic: Target Vintage Collection 9-Figure Box Set  (Read 32182 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Target Vintage Collection 9-Figure Box Set
« Reply #120 on: December 9, 2010, 05:17 PM »
full priced in Mishawaka, Indiana.  oh well

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 9, 2010, 07:59 PM »
it seems like something they'd want rid of fast because it's a space-hog.

Bingo. 

That box is definitely taking up a lot of retail space.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 9, 2010, 08:13 PM »
the freaky alien Bespin Guard (who you can put Needa's head on, and it looks good, to make a generic white Bespin Guard...  That's your tip of the day folks),

New Rebel Commando's head works, too. And makes another goateed trooper. Yay!  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: December 9, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Who can't have enough of those guys, right?

If Needa's fits, I'd also guess that the Hoth Rebel heads, Keyan Farlander's head (and possibly other Pilots), and the AT-AT Commander's heads would all fit the Bespin Guard as well.  Since the freaky alien is the only white guy in skin tone though, you'd have to use him or do some repainting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 9, 2010, 10:38 PM »
I actually don't care for how the neck post "leans forward" on the Endor Rebel figure.  I've done a few simple head swaps so far, and that's the only drawback really.  I kind of wish the legs were a tad more versatile too.  Still, I am glad they upgraded this guy... I don't think he's going to anywhere close to as cool as the upcoming Fleet Trooper however.

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2010, 12:34 AM »
I have only come across this TPR at one store in MN.  It is one of the upgraded standard Targets, not a SuperTarget.  I have noticed that these stores seem to follow a different pattern on prices.  This particular store is very odd. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2010, 12:51 PM »
I checked my local Target still full price and still loaded with them. It looks like they did not even sell one in the last two days. They are also jam packed with the ROTS wave. I found a lone Rebela and Klaatu which I grabbed for customs.

I have been using the Rebel Commando a lot and I gave the extra Rifles to my other Hoth Rebls so now my army is finally properly equipped with the latest gear. I also gave the new camo packs to my Saga2 Endor Rebels. It makes them look more SWs.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2010, 06:31 PM »
I checked my local Target still full price and still loaded with them. It looks like they did not even sell one in the last two days. They are also jam packed with the ROTS wave. I found a lone Rebela and Klaatu which I grabbed for customs.

I have been using the Rebel Commando a lot and I gave the extra Rifles to my other Hoth Rebls so now my army is finally properly equipped with the latest gear. I also gave the new camo packs to my Saga2 Endor Rebels. It makes them look more SWs.

Same here.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2010, 11:09 PM »
None of these to be found at my nearest Target, so I don't know if they got them in and sold out, never got them, or simply never put them out (this Target, it wouldn't surprise me.  They have missed advertised sales on stuff that they had in the back room and wouldn't put out for some reason, or even pull during the sale).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2010, 03:09 PM »

Same here.

I still do not think they sold one set at my local Target. They are cleaned out with everything else. I have a feeling I will find this on clearance.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2010, 11:40 PM »
To be honest I want one.  If they go on clearance I will probably snag it.  I like the novelty of it but not the modern price  :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2010, 10:40 AM »
I'm sort of hoping/waiting for a clearance as well.  I would like to have one, but I don't want it "$50 bad".  If we saw that price cut to $36, or a clearance even better after Christmas, I'd probably bite.  Our closest store seems to have sold some, but has had about 7-8 on the endcap/shelf thingy for a couple weeks now.  They may start drying up though, because I've noticed that basically everything else SW-related is disappearing quickly in these last two weeks before Christmas.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2010, 10:48 AM »
My local Target still has 25+ another Target had about 12. It's the same every time I look. I am with Brian, I kinda want it but not at $50. I really want it for the darker FX-7 and I can use as new Lando as my old one has some loose parts. The bulk of this set is made up of army builders so it makes it easier to swallow. This is the only item I am holding out for clearance.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Man are there no SW fans in your towns?  I have 3 Targets I got to and each one only has a couple left. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2010, 12:03 AM »
I've been to some stores with only 1 or 2 of these out, and another store had them falling off the shelves.  I don't know if the distribution on these is being handled oddly or what.  I thought Target's distribution was relatively even though, at least on store exclusives.