Author Topic: TRU Deluxe Yavin IV Tech and Sled  (Read 35143 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Deluxe Yavin IV Tech and Sled
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 10:00 PM »
They really missed the opportunity to give the Rebel Ground Crewman a goatee.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:16 PM by scockery »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 11:14 PM »
Just curious...did this appear in ESB in a whiter paint scheme? If so, they could repaint this, and have the rebel tech figure (Vinatge Rebel Hoth Soldier) be the pack in.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2011, 09:15 AM »
If there is no change in the headsculpt, I can skip this all together.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 09:24 AM »
From what I recall the Hoth hangar had a distinctively different ground transport.  It was bulkier than the Yavin sled and the passengers sat inside it, as opposed to the Yavin sled which they sat on top of.

I can't find a good image from ESB, but here's a LEGO version that someone (not me) made:

link

Its the grey blocky thing in the middle.  Its quite a bit different from the Yavin transport...
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2011, 11:06 AM »
I want the rebel hover tank:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:07 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Wow, I never saw the top shot. I would love this "Tank" to take on the AT-AT. This is Q&A material to get it on their radar.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 02:19 PM »
Wow, I never saw the top shot. I would love this "Tank" to take on the AT-AT. This is Q&A material to get it on their radar.

I was wondering how an AT-AT would fare against a Marvel Sentinel (20 feet tall).

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 02:29 PM »
I have a couple of these, but can't help but get a couple more.  I consider the Rebel to be one of Hasbro's finest figures, and the sled itself is great.

And yeah that Hoth tank is very cool, I remember discussing that a while back... especially that top image, which to me is something I wish we saw more of in the battle... would love to see Hasbro give that thing a shot at some point along with the transports that are seen in Echo Base.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 02:48 PM »
FYI - Speaking of Hoth, the Hoth Rebel Trooper head fits perfectly on this body and vice versa. No drilling required. So that means you can have some beardos carting around your pilots. You can also increase you clean shaven trooper count. Not sure if this will give any one on the fence a little more incentive to buy it.

I was wondering how an AT-AT would fare against a Marvel Sentinel (20 feet tall).

That would be a good match but if the Sentinel gets close the AT-AT is done. (You have to love nerd dream matches discussions like this.)

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Well I have never noticed the tank before especially in the top image.  I had seen the one by the snowspeeder and just assumed it was cannon of some sort.  I've seen this still of Luke before but never really knew it was part of a tank.  LOL! 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2011, 08:54 PM »
I'll add my support for the cut "Tank" (It's more a mobile gun platform IMO. ;) ), but I just have a hard time seeing Hasbro cave and do it.  It's small though, so maybe?  I'd buy a handful of them though, if they were done right. 

It's actually pretty interesting how much battle footage was cut...  There's a good bit of footage of the "Soldier's experience" that got the axe.  The classic shot of the wounded in the trench being attended to for instance, and the Imperial soldiers rushing the REbel trenches...  That little piece of armor would be greatly appreciated since not much exists for the Alliance, ultimately.

I always wondered if Luke's shot was a publicity thing or something cut.  I've never heard/seen what it would be, story-wise, if it is a cut shot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Interesting pics Jay...Can't say that I've ever seen and/or noticed them before.  Here's hope that more like this pans out in the BD this year...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 11:22 PM »

I always wondered if Luke's shot was a publicity thing or something cut.  I've never heard/seen what it would be, story-wise, if it is a cut shot.

I'd gotten the impression it was part of the Wampa invasion of the base, but then why was he dressed in his flight uniform?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2011, 02:04 AM »
I thought it might be some kind of cut between Luke's watching the Falcon buzz off, and making his way to where the fighters are (which seems like little haste is going on).  It made me think there's possibly some stuff taking place between there while he makes his way to the rally point for the snowspeeder pilots and the last of the personnel to leave.

It seems like it could be where he ditches his hood too?

I thought the Wampa sequence was pretty well documented as not having anythign to do with Luke really as he's healing when it takes place.  It's pretty plotted out in various sources.

It could just simply be a publicity still though, nothing more and nothing less.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Smart re-release.

At the risk of harping on this... it'd be even smarter if they changed the head sculpt on the tech.

Agreed!  Really I don't need anymore of the sled either. So this will be an expensive figure to army build. I'm looking to get about 10 of them.

I'd have preferred a 3-pack. Tech, Fleet Trooper, Guard (the one in the green uniform). That would have been a nice army building set, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010