Author Topic: Jedidefender Fantasy Hockey 2010  (Read 7589 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Jedidefender Fantasy Hockey 2010
« Reply #15 on: January 6, 2011, 02:35 AM »
I posted this on the hockey pool message board, but I'll put it here too. 

Anyone interested in Marc Savard? I finally reactivated him from the IR, but I have too many centres. Either he's going to have a slow season because of his concussion, or he's just turning the corner after having a decent week, I'm just not sure.

Anyway, I'm looking for a defenseman.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 12:30 AM »
Wow, a couple weeks ago I had a 35 point lead, and after tonight I'll be lucky to be 2 points ahead.  It's amazing how fast a lead can evaporate!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 12:01 AM »
It looks like it's going to be an interesting finish between Scott and Rob...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 12:34 AM »
Yep.  Scott's making me nervous.  I'm sitting on a slim lead and have a few more games to work with, although I don't know if I'll have enough days to make the most of that.  It's easy for things to change in a hurry and losing Kopitar the other day hurts too.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: April 6, 2011, 04:21 PM »
Sweating this one, it would be nice to go 2 for 2 on winter Fantasy Sports...good luck Rob :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 6, 2011, 05:08 PM »
Same to you.  Given how bad the last few days have gone for me I think you're taking the gold.

I ****** up too and saved too many games.  I won't be able to use my full eligibility at F or Util.

And as far as I can tell, you have Basketball completely wrapped up.  I'm hoping for a second place miracle but think Brent is getting that one.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 7, 2011, 05:03 PM »
Basketball could go a lot of different ways from second to fifth I think, I'm sweating in that one.

Hockey I'm wondering if we shouldn't get rid of some of the extra games and play it more like basketball with the standard number of games next year.  I guess it's nice with the extra stuff but the guy that really pushed for it isn't even in the league anymore. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 7, 2011, 06:17 PM »
I'd be open to it... but this the first year that I've sort of managed to figure out how to use all those games. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Congrats to Rob on a nice win and to Scott for a great second spot. Man that was a tight finish, shame both can't get that first place cup. 

Looks like Jesse hangs on for third spot too.  I was hoping to be able to sneak in the back door in the last couple of weeks to climb to third but just wasn't meant to be. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 08:02 PM »
Damn Defensemen not playing ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) 0.4 points :o

Congrats Rob :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 08:38 PM »
BTW...stoopid worthless 1st and 2nd round picks sure made this a lot harder...losing Parise and a totally ineffective Green really sucked.  I did like most of the rest of the top of my draft especially the two Ducks and my Goalies.

If I would have taken Sedin which I really thought about it wouldn't have even been close.  Oh well, again congrats Rob

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Thanks guys!  I'm really excited about it since hockey was the one sport here that I'd never won.

BTW...stoopid worthless 1st and 2nd round picks sure made this a lot harder...losing Parise and a totally ineffective Green really sucked.  I did like most of the rest of the top of my draft especially the two Ducks and my Goalies.

I know how that is...  I missed the first four rounds of the draft and my first and third round auto-picks (Malkin and Brodeur) did absolutely nothing for me.  I got there in time to make some good picks with Kopitar (who got hurt a a bad time) and got lucky on some later picks like Briere, Visnovsky, Lundqvist...  
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:05 PM by Rob »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011, 03:34 AM »
Pretty fun season when the run for first is so close!  Congrats Rob and Scott.

I'm pretty happy with 3rd, it's my best finish ever.  But with leading for a while this season, I actually had a shot at winning this, so hopefully I can improve even more next year.