Author Topic: College Football 2010  (Read 9640 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
College Football 2010
« on: August 30, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Go Irish!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 1, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Utes vs. Pitt tomorrow in a rematch of the original 2004 BCS Busting Fiesta Bowl.  Can't wait.  This week has been draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2010, 10:44 PM »
Utes vs. Pitt tomorrow in a rematch of the original 2004 BCS Busting Fiesta Bowl.  Can't wait.  This week has been draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaging.

Can't wait to see that one tomorrow night. So glad I found out it was on Versus so I can skip the annual South Carolina opening borefest.

Oh and Gig 'em Aggies.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 1, 2010, 11:06 PM »
Also the Big Ten is stupid. Should have just done a straight East/West division split instead of a ridiculous ACC type split.

West: Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern, Iowa, Minnesota
East: Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue

Do an SEC style schedule with one permanent cross-division game a year and 2 rotating (which is what they're doing). That way they can still do Ohio State-Illinois, Michigan-Minnesota, maybe Nebraska-Penn State and whatever other rivalries there are.

Ah well, still better than the abortion that is the Longhorn Conference.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2010, 11:36 PM »
Agreed...but they wanted to make sure there was a Michigan v OhioSt/Penn St title game every single year

It really sucks geographically, Wisconsin and Northwestern should probably switch places and it would make a little more sense...

Division 1: Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern, Minnesota

Division 2: Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana, Illinois

Basketball wise...that Division 2 is KILLER.  Holy crap

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2010, 04:08 PM »
Mn and Wisc should be in the same division, but at least they keep that old matchup every year as they should. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 4, 2010, 05:15 PM »
About to head out to the A&M game, but quick thoughts so far:

- Lane Kiffin going for 2 after every TD was hilarious
- Gators offense looked horrible
- Won't comment on Florida State until next week against Oklahoma
- Same for the other Big Ten teams playing cupcakes this week
- Illinois completely socked Mizzou in the mouth in the first half, but then Zooked it up in the second

So far Pitt/Utah is game of the week.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 7, 2010, 09:30 AM »
Irish pulled it off but it looks like they really will have a game next week against Mich and their new QB.

And man oh man - how about that Boise St vs. Virginia Tech game last night.  Both teams played very well and I was really impressed by them.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 03:18 PM »
So "Monster Saturday" was pretty much a big letdown. Miami kills itself, Florida State gets blown out, Penn State gets blown out, Virginia Tech and Minnesota both lose to FCS teams. However Denard Robinson had 502 total yards offense against Notre Dame. Umm, holy crap.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 04:28 PM »
I'd like to see both Michigan and Notre Dame return to their former glory.  Michigan looks like it may be on its way.  Notre Dame...not so much.

I was surprised by that VT loss.  Bad news for Boise St.

In other news, the Utes jump to 14 in both AP and Coaches' polls after a game including my favorite hit of all time.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 09:10 AM »
In regards to the ND, as an ND fan (I was at the game) I wish two things were different:

1.  We had a someone that was decent in the 2nd string QB slot or
2.  We had a redo of that first half of the game.

Crist did pretty decent that game - him being taken out the first half was a huge show stopper.  7-0 turned into 7-21 in a blink of an eye.  ND's defense had the wind taken out of them having to be out on the field so much.  2nd half ND Offense/Defense shut them down.  Not saying Michigan did terrible, but they weren't the same team 2nd half as they were first. 

Nothing to take away from Robinson and his performance - the guy is showing some great skill this early on in the season; however, he still does need to work on his passing.  Most of his incomplete passes that he had were horrible and rocketed right to the ground.  But I guess you don't need to pass when you can run/scramble that well.  I just worry what is gonna happen to Michigan when this guy gets smashed because I really don't think he can go the whole season this way.

All in all great 2nd half - the first was a bore and had the whole crowd wondering what the hell happened to Crist as there were no reports leaving fans clueless.

Can't wait for the Michigan State game next week - another great rivalry game and from the looks of it State hasn't seen much competition yet so that should make it interesting.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 03:28 PM »
WOW. Michigan State beats Notre Dame on a fake FG and then the coach suffers a heart attack. Yikes! Apparently he's going to be alright.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 09:29 AM »
WOW. Michigan State beats Notre Dame on a fake FG and then the coach suffers a heart attack. Yikes! Apparently he's going to be alright.

that was very sad to hear - and it was such a great game.  It might be the youth league soccer coach in me saying this, but I consider both teams a winner in that game - good stuff across the board.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Adam James got CLOCKED in the Texas Tech/UT game, I assume Craig James will hold a press conference later today to protest any  tackling of his little angel in tackle football.

Oh and Fire Tuberville NOW!  The only Coach to stop the High Octane Texas Tech offense on a consistent basis in the last 4 years has been him.  I am going to enroll at TCU in some night classes so I can cheer for the Frogs.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 06:56 PM »
I'm actually going to a Craig James seminar on Monday night. He's making a few speeches at campuses around Texas over the next few months, and it's free, so why not. Apparently he's going to be talking about how great of an entrepreneur he is, and he's having an open Q&A afterward. Got any questions you want me to ask him Paul? ;)