Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2010  (Read 33847 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2010
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2011, 09:36 AM »
It's a loser of an argument Packer-fan.  Carter is absolutely first ballot material despite your recollections of the later part of his career.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2011, 01:28 PM »
It's a loser of an argument Packer-fan.  Carter is absolutely first ballot material despite your recollections of the later part of his career.

Well, you are the expert on loser arguements Rob.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2011, 03:14 PM »

I'll take that as your concession.   ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2011, 03:36 PM »
It's a loser of an argument Packer-fan.  Carter is absolutely first ballot material despite your recollections of the later part of his career

I'll take that as your concession.   ::)

Good.  Then you'll be wrong as usual.  Carter still isn't in the HOF, which is just shocking because Rob thinks he should be in.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Good.  Then you'll be wrong as usual.  Carter still isn't in the HOF, which is just shocking because Rob thinks he should be in.

Yeah, it's just me.  Never mind the ****-ton of articles you'll get if you Google 'Chris Carter Snubbed.'  You'll have to turn your Packer-Fan-Safe-Search off first though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2011, 06:38 PM »

Yeah, it's just me.  Never mind the ****-ton of articles you'll get if you Google 'Chris Carter Snubbed.'  You'll have to turn your Packer-Fan-Safe-Search off first though.

If you took the time to look you would find a "**** ton" of articles explaining why he wasn't voted in. He didn't get the votes, so obviously not everyone thinks as highly of him as you do.    Or maybe all the judges are *gasp* PACKER FANS!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2011, 09:37 PM »
If you took the time to look you would find a "**** ton" of articles explaining why he wasn't voted in. He didn't get the votes, so obviously not everyone thinks as highly of him as you do.    Or maybe all the judges are *gasp* PACKER FANS!

I've read a few of those, and a bunch of them conclude that it's the popularity contest aspects of the voting that have kept him out so far.  It's a good ol' boys club at this point and a lot of great players get held up for not being more media friendly.

Placed in the hands of know-it-all sportswriters, every players’ hopes and dreams lie in the hands of men and women dealing in vicious politics and favoritism.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2011, 01:14 AM »
It's a good ol' boys club at this point and a lot of great players get held up for not being more media friendly.

Such as...?

Personally, I thought all of this year's selections were very deserving, so not really seeing any evidence of favoritism trumping tallent.