Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2010  (Read 33654 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2010
« Reply #75 on: November 3, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Looks like Moss is headed to Tennessee.   :-\

I get that he's lazy and frankly, not a very good human being.  That said, when he's mediocre, he's still producing about as well as many teams' #1 guy.  And even when he doesn't produce, he draws off the top defender (or two) to free up other areas of the field.  Look at Harvin's production since Moss has been here, and I'm sure AP enjoyed some added freedom as well.

Frankly, I don't get just releasing the guy.  Fine him, suspend him, have a good talking out with him, but don't release him.  Heck, even try to trade him, then release him if you get no bites!  The guy still has some relative value, so I think just letting him go further proves what an awful coach Chilly is. 

On top of that, I really don't understand what Moss did wrong regarding his speech to the press.  All the quotes and soundbites I heard were pro Patriots - I didn't hear anything negative about Chily or the Vikes other than "I wish we had gone for 3" and "I wish the coaches had listend to me more when forming the game plan."  Um...the Vikings lost, so maybe they should have listened to him more!  Sorry Viking fans - I love to root against you, but I actually feel sorry for anyone who has to endure this kind of ridiculous impotence.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 3, 2010, 11:07 PM »
The problem with the speech was exactly that.  It was a speech.  The players are supposed to field questions from the press and provide answers.

And he ain't the same Moss he used to be.  He completely gave up on that pass interference call - he could have caught that ball for a TD.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 4, 2010, 07:06 AM »
Moss is a prick, but Chilly is a moron. I just don't see the downside to having kept Moss longer. I don't buy he was such a cancer that the Vikes couldn't have dealt with him longer. He only could have helped us as far as I'm concerned and if he really would have hurt the team then that shows how bad Chilly is. Stupid Vikings. You're killing me.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 4, 2010, 09:20 AM »
He's a good decoy.  That is all.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 4, 2010, 10:24 AM »
He's a good decoy.  That is all.

Only 7 WR's in the league have more TD's than he does this year.  Not bad for a decoy-only kind of guy.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 4, 2010, 10:56 AM »
What about yards and targets?  Receptions?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 4, 2010, 11:29 AM »
What about yards and targets?  Receptions?

What about 'em?  He said that Moss is nothing more than a decoy, I countered that he also scores touchdowns.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2010, 11:32 AM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 4, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Fine.

He's a decoy who has scored five TD's in nine weeks for three teams.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 4, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Fine.

He's a decoy who has scored five TD's in nine weeks for three teams.

Well, 8 games... but who's counting?

He's on pace for a 10 TD season.  Not up to his standard, but better than most.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 4, 2010, 04:03 PM »
My statement holds true.

Through nine weeks he's scored 5 TD's and has 300 yards.  The number one receiver in the league has almost 900 yards.  He was shut out for nearly two full games.

Yeah, he's on pace for 10 TD's but also a mere 600 yards.  Half of last year's production with regards to yardage?
« Last Edit: November 4, 2010, 04:05 PM by ruiner »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 4, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I haven't argued with you about his numbers being way down from what he usually does.  I'm juts saying that he's still finding the end zone at a pretty solid clip.  9 weeks... either way you want to word it he's half way through a season and has 5 TD's.  There are lots of teams that could use that kind of production, and he landed with one.  I'm not saying he's going to go become 2006 Randy Moss after the Titan's bye, but he can still be much more than a decoy if he decides to.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 4, 2010, 05:33 PM »
It's all good brah.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2010, 05:34 PM by ruiner »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: November 4, 2010, 07:53 PM »
I think it boils down to whether he's willing to A) play for you and not dog it, and B) whether he's going to become a distraction and mouthy.  If he's going to do A, and not B, then I think he's great to have around.  Just my take on him.

He's certainly more appealing to a team who feels their receiver corps is weak and not looking to improve anytime soon though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 4, 2010, 08:28 PM »
I'd agree there Jesse.  He, like T.O. is pretty much bipolar and a crapshoot as to which version you end up getting.  If you get the good, as you say, it's awesome.  Other side of the coin, obviously not so much.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 5, 2010, 12:37 AM »
I think people let their emotions get the better of them on the Moss issue.  I don't know of anyone that really thinks he is a good guy or even likes him really.  He's a moron, a show-off, lazy,...I'd agree with all of that.  But I have yet to hear a compelling arguement why the Vikings were right in letting him go.  At best, he has 5 TDs in 8 games & provides a realistic downfield threat.  At worst, he can draw off defenders to make room for the running game and guys like Harvin.  Hate the guy all you want, the Vikings were a better team with him than without him.  

Just seems like such a total waste to lose a 3rd rounder for him, then dump him in a hissy fit because he gave kudos to the Patriots.  Add to this that Chilly won't talk about it, didn't check with the owner first, told his team then hid from the press, so they could get the awkward questions...what a circus.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 09:13 AM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today