Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2010  (Read 33739 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
NFL Regular Season 2010
« on: September 9, 2010, 11:39 PM »
I've said this for five years now...New Orleans is not the new America's team.  Stop trying to tell us they are.  I am so damn sick of the media jamming the Katrina/Saints crap down our throats...get over it

Great game tonight, I was really impressed with both D.  Farve looked tired, the lack of the WR showed big time

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:18 AM »
I have to disagree about the game being "great".  Just because the score is close doesn't necessarily mean the game was well-played.  I was bored out of my mind watching it, especially in the second half.  I expected more out of those two teams.  Oh well. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 09:20 AM »
I thought the game was horrible. I thought it was more about bad offense than good defense which seems like a weird thing to say in a Vikings/Saints game.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:44 AM »
Both teams had some rust and it showed.  Hopefully it'll be gone by week 2.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 12:34 AM »
I thought the game was horrible. I thought it was more about bad offense than good defense which seems like a weird thing to say in a Vikings/Saints game.

Agreed.  Pretty disappointing to see two top offenses from last year muster a combined 23 points.  Blech.  I had high hopes when the Saints scored on the first drive, but the rest of the game was a snooze-fest.  I thought the MN defense was built to stop the run, but P. Thomas had what 90yds and a TD?  The NO offense was pretty lackluster as well, though the defense did a nice job of stopping Peterson & Shianco in the second half. 

I think Favre will develop a better rapport with his receivers in the coming weeks, but I think this CLEARLY shows why you need be at training camp a little sooner.  Favre insists he is just as good as if he had been in camp (and that may be true), but his receivers were definitely not on the same page and I blame that on a lack of preparation in camp.  I also don't get why the Vikings didn't go get Houshmanzadah and why they dropped J. Walker after a pretty solid preseason.   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 01:20 AM »
I also don't get why the Vikings didn't go get Houshmanzadah and why they dropped J. Walker after a pretty solid preseason.   ???

If they don't throw everything they have at Vincent Jackson, they're fools.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 07:18 PM »
The Giants offense looked pretty good in the 2nd half...osing Kevin Boss is going to suck for a while.  Glad they won their inagural home game!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 12:00 AM »
Is it too late to rejoin the Fire Wade Phillips campaign? :-X

Also thanks to my being unable to make a decision, I picked Dallas in the JD Survival league. One less guy you get to compete with. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 01:24 AM »
Didn't a bunch of the guys on the Fox pre-game pick Dallas to win it all?  Kiss of death I tell ya!

One thing I really liked in the pregame this morning was Terry Bradshaw's fired up segment.  He really took Rothlesberger to the wood shed in it!

Also, I think people are going to be talking about that Detroit touchdown pass for a while.  :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 03:50 PM »
Is it too late to rejoin the Fire Wade Phillips campaign? :-X

Never too late.  In fact instead of our next Action Figure petition drive, I am going to start the fire Wade, Garrett, Romo, Roy Williams, Felix Jones petition.

Oh and in the interest of supporting teams within the home state, I am now a Houston Texans fan.  Even next Sunday. 

History shows us that after a 1-15 season the Cowboys are due for 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.  So hopefully the Cowboys beat the Giants or Eagles and lose the rest.  Besides if the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl this Season, I would feel compelled to at least try to attend.  No threat now.  Only 13% of teams that have gone 0-2 have made the playoffs that year.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 05:09 PM »
The Texans rock.  How this team consistently misses the playoffs is beyond me.

Re:  Cowboys - you know it's time to clean house when the lowly Bears (who lost to the lowly Lions) come to town and win.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 06:54 PM »
Same here Paul. Time to pick up a Texans shirt. Still going to support Dallas, but yeah... I'm in for another miserable season. :)

Ruiner, the Texans actually reeeeeeally sucked until maybe 2-3 years ago, when they became decent. They're only a few defensive adjustments away from being an elite team IMO.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 03:25 PM »
I'm excited to see the NFC North this weekend.  Packers and Bears on Monday night and both are undefeated?  Awesome.  And winless Detroit coming to visit winless Minnesota.  Detroit has looked like the better team thus far, so this is a big game for us locals.  If the Lions come to town and get the win, the Vikes are going to implode.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 12:01 AM »
Man, I hope the Lions pull that one off - they have a shot; they came back against the Eagles and technically beat the Bears. . .

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 03:53 PM »
I will apolgize to the Houston Texan fans, I bought a Texans Jersey this week.  The PM rooting curse in Full effect.

I still expect the Cowboys to go 1-15 and the Texans to make the playoffs.  But the weather is in the 70's here today (hello winter) so it is a great day for some football watching.