Author Topic: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season  (Read 52834 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2011, 11:41 PM »
Not sure if anyone is watching the Sharks-Canucks game but it looks like a cheap shot by Eager woke up the Sedin brothers  :o  That may turn out to be a huge mistake.  They just finished a shift in the San Jose end where I kept counting the Sharks players on the ice because it looked like a power play.  It wasn't.   :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2011, 12:19 AM »
Yeah, in the ammount of time it took me to run up in the garage and put a coat of varnish on something I'm working on, then come back, it went from 4 to 7 goals for Vancouver...  Wow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2011, 09:48 AM »
WTF happened to Niemi? Dude was standing on his head all last series and now he just looks lost out there...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2011, 07:49 PM »
Yeah, Eager sort of went overboard, to say the least. I think Marleau started everything by trying to pick a fight with Bieksa, and then getting his face familiarized with Bieksa's fist. Marleau's NOT a fighter, but I think he was trying to get his team going. Instead, Eager took it upon himself to be personally offended that anyone would touch the delicate flower that Marleau is.  :)

But...

As a Sharks homer, I can't help but try to rationalize it all. They were losing 3-2 and playing a little flat. Marleau's been maligned by everyone for not being tough enough. Eager's been there before and he's a big presence on the ice (for good or bad). The Sharks need something to light a fire under them. If it takes Eager to get them going, then so be it; however, if it's just going to result in penalties then they need to rethink. It goes without saying that if the Sharks lose Friday, they're toast, but if they come out invigorated, then I might tend to think Eager's outburst was the catalyst.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2011, 09:56 PM »
I dunno, I think if Eager was trying to motivate his team there were ways to do it without being embarassing. 

Kudos to Marleau though, he's no fighter but he tried.  Eager's comments on that one were idiotic as well, calling out Bieksa for fighting a goal scorer.  Uh, dude, Marleau dropped the glove's first. 

In other news, Globe and Mail is reporting the Thrashers have been sold to TNSE group.  I'll be happy once it's confirmed and not until. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36 PM »
NHL currently denying reports of sale of Thrashers.  Current rumour is Bettman will be in Winnipeg on Tuesday for an announcement.  

Yeesh, had to edit this to avoid posting three in a row. 

Bruins 2-1 in their series, Canucks 2-0 in their series.  If I get this series right, I'm predicting the team I don't want to win to be the winner in the next series.   ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:59 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2011, 11:22 PM »
Lightning looked completely flat tonight.  If they don't figure something out soon, this series is over in 5.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 20, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Winnipeg Sun is confirming a source that says Thrashers are moving here.  Still waiting on confirmation from Bettman.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2011, 11:44 PM »
Wow.  I was about to praise the Sharks for coming back and being disciplined and playing well but then the third period happened.  I guess they still deserve the praise for playing a much, much better game and Vancouver seemed to adapt the Sharks lack of strategy from the last game and penchant for penalties.  The Sharks sure threw them off with the two man forecheck though. 

And then the third period.  Yikes.  Dominating and up 4-1 to all the pressure in the last couple of minutes with Vancouver nearly tying it.  Kudos to the Sharks for winning but I think the momentum swung back to Vancouver in the third. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Ugh, these series have been so boring for some reason. Stick a fork in the Sharks...try adding the phrase "Penalty kill" to your lexicon.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2011, 01:12 PM »
Killing a 5-on-4 is one thing, but three continuous 5-on-3s against the Canucks is literally impossible...especially after they were able to stave off the 5-on-3s on Friday night. Playing with fire you will get burned. The most telling statistic from Sunday's game, though, was the Sharks' inability to score on any of the power plays the Canucks gave them in the first period. The Canucks ability to adjust their game is a marvel, though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2011, 12:04 AM »
The Sharks sure didn't capitalize in the first period either.  There were a fair number of Vancouver penalties that they had chances to take an early lead on. 

Nice to see the B's come back tonight as they darn well better have at home. 

So, lets start a pool.  The new Winnipeg team will be called:

A. Jets
B. Moose
C. Thrashers
D. something else

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2011, 09:56 AM »
Reports are that an announcement should come once this round of games is over.  So obviously I'm hoping for the Canucks and Bruins to wrap it up in the next game. 

It's funny that the rumour of fans having to commit to three years of season tickets is still floating around out there.  They may well ask for that, but the original notion started with a Winnipeg Free Press writer and nothing more than that.  It was supposed to be floated to show a level of commitment on the part of the fans.  So with a team supposedly signed and coming, what point would there be now?  Lots can change over three years for folks so it seems a bit presumptious.  Ah well, I'm working on finding guys to share tickets with.  I'm hoping they don't leave the team in the southeast because I've already got guys committed for the games to see Edmonton and Calgary.  I think I'm going to have to package them as four game sets though and include a Panthers and Blue Jackets game with them  ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2011, 12:46 PM »
The new Winnipeg team will be called:

D. Manitoba Monarchs
(And you can have fancy orange/black sweaters to match!)

Reports are that an announcement should come once this round of games is over.  So obviously I'm hoping for the Canucks and Bruins to wrap it up in the next game. 

I heard Kid Rock screwed it up for you... that's what you get for letting Kid Rock into the MTS. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2011, 01:30 PM »

I heard Kid Rock screwed it up for you... that's what you get for letting Kid Rock into the MTS. :P

Are you kidding?  That makes it safe to go into all Winnipeg Walmarts today. 

But yeah, I heard that story this morning too.  Apparently they want the announcement to be made at the MTS Centre and he's in da house ::)