Author Topic: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season  (Read 52851 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NHL 2010-2011 Regular Season
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 10:49 AM »
So... we're fighting to hang on to a bottom rung playoff spot in the West and we add to our 5-game losing streak with an 8-1 home loss to MTL?  Fug-n-ugly.   >:(

Yesterday's game was pretty much the worst Wild game I've ever watched, without a doubt (and I've seen some bad ones in those early expansion years).  These last six games have been the epitome of 'die' in our "do or die" situation to make the playoffs.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 05:20 PM »
Don't worry Jeff, the Stars will choke their way to the end of the season, so there is one open spot in the top 8 right now.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2011, 08:53 AM »
Did anyone catch the hit Todd Bertuzzi put on Ryan Johnson during the Red Wings / Blackhawks game the other night?  At the time the announcers were talking about it being a hit worthy of a suspension/fine.  I really didn't think so after watching the replay; to me it just looked like his arm came up as part of the momentum of the hit.

So it came out that he will not be suspended for the hit afterall.  The question I have for you guys is, do you think the 'no suspension' is based on the fact that the hit wasn't that bad, or because the Blackhawks and Red Wings still have two more games to play against each other before the end of the season and they don't want to handcuff Detroit?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Neither.  It's because Collin Campbell's a moron who can't level consistancy within the NHL's rules.

THey want to eliminate head hits and make players more responsible.  I disagree that Bertuzzi's hit looked like his arm just came up from momentum...  he's a tall guy, and could've easily not done what he did.  He should've been fined.  Campbell did the same lame **** with the Islanders and others...  He's handed down a fine to Matt Cooke that nobody in Pittsburgh disagreed with.  But he's been inconsistant with everything else, all year, and he's a detriment to their attempt to end head hits in the league.

Till they get tough, and actually levy things heavy-handed to everyone instead of being selective about it, they're pathetic and hurt the league.

I completely felt Bertuzzi's hit was BS, avoidable, and he's a repeat offender...  he got a pass for some reason.  Oh well.  Another day in the NHL, where the ref's may decide to call the game the way it should be, or put their whistles away and let everyone enjoy a rugby game on ice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 6, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Just wanted to express my joy that the Toronto Maple Leafs failed to make the playoffs this year.   :)

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 7, 2011, 12:21 AM »
I was actually kinda hoping they'd make it.  I've got a soft spot for them, maybe because a friend of mine in high school was such a huge fan.

I'm pretty stoked to see the Bruins clinch their division, and it looks like they may be playing the Canadiens in the first round which always makes for great hockey.  Although it makes me nervous too.  ;)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2011, 06:46 PM »
If Dallas can hang on, they will have the opportunity to be swept in the first round of the playoffs!!!

Thank you Detroit for at least making this last game worth watching (and giving me an excuse to hide in the man cave)...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Ok, I jinxed it, or actually the Family did.... they served me a beverage in a Stars glass.... my full on rooting jinx is in effect. 

That being said, I will be selling my rooting services for the playoffs.  For a low price I will root for and cheer for your round 1 opponent, for the deluxe price I will buy logo wear and a cup.  I have no shame and I will even talk smack if you pay a premium.  I am the sports Albatross.

Just sayin.

As crappy as it is, I will get to watch the entire Stanley Cup playoffs able to just enjoy the games and not have to worry about who wins.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Thank you MN!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2011, 10:56 PM »
Sorry, Paul. :(

You're welcome, Michael! :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2011, 03:36 AM »
That being said, I will be selling my rooting services for the playoffs.  For a low price I will root for and cheer for your round 1 opponent, for the deluxe price I will buy logo wear and a cup.  I have no shame and I will even talk smack if you pay a premium.  I am the sports Albatross.

Excellent, what's your charge to cheer for Montreal?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2011, 04:05 AM »
Hmmm, how'd I know that was coming?  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Wild fire head coach Richards.

Well, that didn't take long.   :P

I read a bunch of "youth movement" and "rebuilding phase" stories over the weekend.  Guess we can just gloss over the last two years of "rebuilding" and just look at that as "laying the foundation for the future". ::)  ::)  ::)

We've got very little talent on the team, very little talent in the pipeline, and it's going to be a sucky free agent market this summer.  Yeah...   :'(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:01 PM by Jeff »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2011, 06:53 AM »
I'm just hoping that the Caps can actually win a series as the one seed this time around.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com