Author Topic: Fantastic Four To Lose a Member  (Read 9195 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic Four To Lose a Member
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 02:16 PM »
I kind of hope it's Reed Richards. Boring for sure. He dies, Thing and Torch go off to do their own hero stuff. Sue is slowly seduced by Tony Stark and marries him. The team briefly gets together again with Stark at the helm, they retake the Avengers from Iron Patriot and his gang. Tony leaves FF to become the leader again of Avengers. Sue's son Franklin is old enough by now and joins the team and FF is a team again.

I haven't read the comic boks in a long time, so some of this stuff may have already happened but in a different way.

Anyway, I'm just saying this would be a decent enough story line.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Yeah, except the part about Stark seducing the Invisible Woman.  They guy is a playboy, but I can't see him targeting Sue when he's already got unresolved relationship issues with Pepper & Maria.  I'm still hoping it's Johnny.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Let me know, I am a Silver/Golden Age FF Diehard...I have every issue from #6 to the last issue John Byrne drew, when my interest officially died.

I have been trying to pick up the last few issues I need the past few years but they are prohibitively expensive.

The whole thing is a cheap farce and purely marketing driven. I'm really glad I got out of comics because the landscape today has just changed so much.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 10:39 AM »
Marvel is reporting it themselves as well, with pics from the issue.  SPOILERS definitely apply.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: FF Death
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 11:08 AM »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: FF Death
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 11:18 AM »
Human Torch news...http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9029333

At least it wasn't the obvious choice - Sue.

Did this schmoe ever get his life together, marry, have a kid, etc? He must be in his fifties at this point, I hope he put all the adolescent schtick aside and grew up eventually.

See you in a few months/years when the writers run out of fresh ideas (again).
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Torch makes sense, since the guy who played him in the movies has now become Captain America.  Easy for them to come our with another movie and not have Torch in it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 06:13 PM »
***SPOILERS FF #587 SPOILERS***

Do not read this if you want to be surprised by the FF death issue.

Okay.  I do not think Torch is dead.  I found myself wondering, when the annihilation wave was closing in on him.  Why the hell doesn't he just fly away?  The negative zone is a big place.  He can just fly away and wait for Reed to get back and deal with the problem.  Instead, Torch allows himself to be overtaken by the mob, and that's the last they show of him.  No death blow is shown.  No fight is shown.  My theory is, after the page where he's shown surrounded in the mob, he goes nova, flies off into the sky, and waits for Reed to get back to open the portal.  Or something like that.  Maybe survives for longer in some other area of the negative zone.

Thoughts?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 11:16 PM »
SPOILERZZZZ....

Funny thing about the Thing is that he is also in the New Avengers right now.  He's still in "thing form" in that book, which speaks to continuity/timing issues, but would be the biggest overhaul to get rid of him given that he's a member of two teams right now.  My money is on the Torch.  Didn't the original Torch (android version) come back into the Marvel U along with Toro a few years back?  I like Johnny Storm the best, but doesn't seem like the Marvel U has need of three Human Torches...

I'm still hoping it's Johnny.

Oh yeah.   8)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Anyone get the last issue of Fantastic Four 588 today?

Weird issue.  No words!  Just pictures.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda