Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 20 (aka 2011 Wave 1?)  (Read 16655 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Clone Wars Wave 20 (aka 2011 Wave 1?)
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:10 AM »
CW39 Hondo Ohnaka (Re-Pack)
CW40 Obi-Wan Kenobi
CW41 Clone Trooper Hevy (Training Armor)
CW42 Cad Bane w/TODO-360
CW43 R7-A7

Still seeking confirmation of there is anything new about Obi-Wan or Cad Bane, suspect both are previously uncarded versions from the deluxe sets...

Very bummed that they have still not found a slot for the Cad Bane in Clone Armor figure.  :(
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:33 PM by Jeff »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Clone Wars Wave 20 (aka 2011 Wave 1?)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:49 AM »
Obi-Wan looks all new (note: no shoulder/chest armor) which is nice. Cad Bane looks like the larger deluxe sculpt but with the coat tails added all new.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:15 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 20 (aka 2011 Wave 1?)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:36 PM »
The "not getting the figure right the first time" has gotten old. But I never got any Cad Bane, so...this might be the one!  ;)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:45 AM »
I am very happy with the Deluxe on but I will have to pick this one up. I like the reduced armor look on Obi, they are bring it closer to EP3.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 10:44 AM »
It seems odd to me that we'll now have 3 distinct Banes in the line, especially since the Deluxe version would work best for sitting in the upcoming Xanadu Blood. But I'll take that over another repack any day of the week.

Overall, I think this Wave is a somewhat inferior to the next two that are due up, but January/February should be slow months anyhow, so the timing is probably for the best. Anything new at that point will seem like a blessing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 07:45 PM »

Images on the front page now.

It's funny how much more monumental and cool the Clone Wars reveal is, than the Vintage COllection figures.  4 figures, only one is a rehash, and he's even appealing and comes with TODO-360 as a bitchin' accessory.

Clone Wars Success, Vintage Collection Fail.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:26 PM »
Well, that's the problem with the line(s) in a nutshell.  Nothing says how tired and drab the Vintage/movie line is than that new wave.  Now clearly it's a repaint wave and it's meant to cover some change they had to make, but wow.  Where is the new?  Yavin Han?  He's inaccurate.  If all the new we'll get is old figures on a new card, then yawn.  We know some very cool new figures are coming (Bom Vimdin) but these are few and far between and the movies have been strip mined.

Clone Wars - there's a lot of new.  It's fresh, exciting, and a collectible line in the truest sense of the word.  Nothing speaks more to the vintage line's weakness than the news that there will be CW figures in the vintage line next year.  This is long overdue and really, there should be one line.  If CW dominates it, so what.  How many slots do we lose to CW figs that we don't lose to redos of movie mainstays?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 08:28 PM »
The vintage line delivers in terms of quality...  The articulation, the detail...  But this upcoming wave, my god.  It's a good thing ROTJ wave comes out before this 2011 wave is all I'm thinking because, my god, it's attrocious and I cannot imagine it's going to do well.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 08:45 PM »
This wave does look pretty nice, although it isn't necessarily "super new" either.  I was just thinking about this the other day when I was putting some CW figures (Embo, Boba Fett, etc.) in the display case.  I'm always a movie figure collector first and foremost, and then OT always takes precedence - but, while taking out and setting up the CW figures, it really is a pretty nice lineup so far.  I haven't picked up everything (passed on a lot of the one episode clone-types), but as far as the Jedi, the other "alien" characters/bounty hunters/etc., it is sort of a neat line.  Sure, I'll always prefer the realistic style and stuff that is in the movies, but the CW line doesn't often get the credit it maybe deserves for being a pretty fun lineup.  That, and especially with recent waves, the figures are really getting pretty nice anymore.

It definitely doesn't help any that this latest TVC wave is so boring.  I'm sure we'll see more next year that is more "new" and "cool", but like you mentioned Jesse - it is a good thing that ROTJ wave is hitting first :).

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 09:41 PM »
Amen on the ROTJ wave.  Sooner the better.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW Wave 20
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 10:51 AM »
EE has the breakdown for this wave here
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:53 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 02:57 AM »
It looks like Obi-Wan (with the new outfit) from this wave is from the Savage Opress-arc, which starts January 7th. Obi-Wan can be seen in his new duds in this preview from the Official Site.

You can also see that Asajj Ventress has a new costume, and, if slowed down at the end of the clip, where Ob-Wan is facing off against Opress, the other Jedi looks like it's Anakin (I caught a glimpse of a gloved right hand), in his ROTS outfit! Hopefully Hasbro has plans to make all-new figures of these characters in their new costumes.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 10:08 AM »
I'm sure they will.   :)

I've been going through the CW Season 2 DVD's, and thinking there's so much more yet to do - and they're already on to Season 3 figures!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 03:51 PM »
Some new loose production shots of Hevy in Training Gear on the front page...

He looks incredibly cool to me.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 08:19 PM »
This wave still leaves me limp but moreso because the previous two waves were such knockouts. I am very curious to see the next few after this...guess we will have to wait until ToyFair.