Author Topic: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Kenner Figures  (Read 51917 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Kenner Figures
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2015, 11:29 PM »
I could totally be wrong, or maybe even it was POTF now?  I can't recall, but was sure I remember somewhere along the line them saying they weren't going to get to everyone.

I'd be a little disappointed if I were getting them I think, but only because I think I'd phase something out of my collection in favor of them, like all my actual vintage maybe, or something along those lines.

I preferred the original scale though ultimately.  I definitely dig the Jumbos though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2015, 11:29 PM »
Now I cannot recall where I heard/read that at but seem to recall them saying they weren't going to get to ALL the ROTJ figures? 

There are plenty of 2013/2014 GG Q&As that have some variation of "We most likely will not be doing every figure, but highlighting most sought after, and certain characters."

I can't blame then for not wanting to risk a $80 General Madine or whatever.  :P

I think they've seen the end of the line coming for a while now, which is why they've been willing to start up Secret Wars, Super Powers, and GI Joe Jumbo lines to start giving people other things to buy.

In fact, not to be the total bearer of bad news, but there are lots of rumors that the reason they are dipping into the Droids well now is because the end is nearer than you think.  There was no PGM Jumbo option this year, was there?  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2015, 12:09 AM »
Not that I recall, but again I barely follow the Jumbo Vintage craze.  I like looking at a lot of stuff online rather than actually buying it.  :-\

I knew I'd seen something about them saying they probably wouldn't get to everything though, so at least I wasn't going nuts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2015, 10:16 AM »
I got mine two weeks ago

Thanks - that's good to know when I call this afternoon to beach them out.  ;)

So, I love the GG Retro Jumbo figures, but their customer service is pretty awful.  In the last 90 days, I've sent four emails about my missing 2-1B figure.  I received responses for two of them, both times simply asking me to call their customer service line to straighten things out.  I tried calling CS six different times, but can never get through to anyone.  Yesterday I called around 3:00 and finally got through to an operator.  She directed me to customer service (odd in itself since that's the number I supposedly called).  After waiting 2-3 minutes I got a voicemail.  So I called again and it just rang.  So I called again and got the same operator and just directly asked for customer service.  I must have been on hold at least five minutes because the song changed twice.  Finally someone answered (Jewell I think?)  She searched through old records and found a receipt for my membership purchase, but not the exclusive figure.  She was able to send me out a 2-1B after some checking, but needed a credit card to pay the $15 shipping fee.  That whole process took another 15-20 minutes.

At this point I'm just glad I'm getting my figure, but what a lousy experience all the way around.  I have spent hours hounding them just to get the figure I paid for almost a year and half ago.  You'd think they would discount the shipping or offer up a coupon or a discounted 2015 membership maybe, but I didn't even get an apology...just a sorry for the call taking so long.  Much as I love these, part of me is glad things seem to be wrapping up so I can send my money elsewhere.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today