Author Topic: INDY 3D...New Toys?  (Read 7833 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
INDY 3D...New Toys?
« on: October 27, 2010, 09:47 AM »
News is breaking that the IJ films will also be coming back to theaters in 3D.  Not sure when.   I wonder if Hasbro will bother o make anything...I would still love that "lost" wave.  Man, I wanted Satipo and Toht!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: INDY 3D...New Toys?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 10:07 AM »
wow - pretty cool.  I would be all over that lost wave - plus I thought I remembered the rumblings of a Club Obi-Wan wave.  I would be all for that too!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Yeah, I wonder if Hasbro would take the chance of Indy at retail again with re-releases.  I think with a new movie, we might have a shot, but it would be interesting to see.  Even if we just got that "lost wave", I'd be pretty happy - although more would be better.  If the movies were going to be spread out (like Star Wars is supposed to be), we could even just get one wave a year, although I doubt retail/Hasbro would do something like that (maybe a HTS exclusive or something - as long as it was readily available).

At least with Indy 3D movies, they'll start with the "good ones" :).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 01:39 PM »
In my opinion it would be doable to have one wave per film each year for the release.  Make them on-line/Diamond exclusives and in cases that are collector friendly (eg 2x of each fig if they're all new or 1x each w/ half new, half re-pack).

You might be able to get Toys-R-Us to buy in with their new collector oriented aisle they're going to be offereing.

I think it would be naive to think that we wouldn't get re-packed figures from the waves that were already released, but if they limited it to a couple Indy figs and army builders spread over three films it wouldn't be that bad.  Give us the lost wave of RotLA and the hard to find Temple of Doom for those two films and come back to the Last Crusade wave with a couple new figs and repacks on Indy and Henry and maybe a repaint of Vogel.  They could probably even kitbash a different outfit for Belloq or some Hovitos warriors w/ new heads based on the Ugha body.

I'd be willing to buy a case for each film if I knew I wasn't going to be stuck with a bunch of Grail Knigts or Young Indy figs or whatnot.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 04:03 PM »
I agree... there's still a market for this stuff.  Hasbro just needs to learn how to manage it better.  They pretty much destroyed the Iron Man 2 line with their ass backwards approach to that, so I don't really see that they have learned a whole lot about their combined market of kids and adults.  I hope I'm wrong though and they find a way to get Indy back in stores, and finally do it right this time.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 09:05 PM »
I say "No thank you sir." to Star Wars or Indy in 3D. Give me Tucker, Willow, Howard the Duck and Radioland Murders in 3D first! That's were the money is George.    :P
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:50 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 1, 2010, 04:06 PM »
I think they should put out box sets like they did with the Force Unleashed - this way, it's a minimal footprint and could easily accomodate the "lost wave" along with the possible existence of additional figures from ToD and KotCS that may have been in development but were scrapped when the line failed.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 01:38 PM »
I think they should put out box sets like they did with the Force Unleashed - this way, it's a minimal footprint and could easily accomodate the "lost wave" along with the possible existence of additional figures from ToD and KotCS that may have been in development but were scrapped when the line failed.

Yep - even as a TRU exclusive or something.  They should be able to work something out. 

If they could come up with some sort of assortments with 5 figures in each set, with new molds and the only repacks being of very much in-demand characters like Toht, I'd think that TRU would be interested.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Are there really that many characters left that you guys would want. I know we made wish lists a while ago but i cant really see more than 10 figures to add to what we dont have.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 12:22 PM »
Hmmm... maybe just slightly more than 10 -

- Professor Indy
- Colonel Dietrich
- White Suit Belloq
- Simon Katanga
- Tuxedo Indy
- Lao Che
- Fedora
- Walter Donovan
- Marcus Brody
- "Mac" McHale
- Professor Oxley
- Marion Ravenwood

If I could get those 12, I'd be fine.  But I fully admit that they are all pretty boring choices for kids - I mean, how many "guy in suit" do I have on that list - too many probably.  :-\

If they could crank out a few more box sets though, those would be great!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 07:48 PM »
My choices...

-"Generic" Gestapo Agent (Would double for TLC and ROTLA well), grey and black suit variants would be cool.
-British Colonial Soldier (TOD)
-U-Boat Captain (ROTLA)
-U-Boat Sailor (ROTLA)
-New (better) German Soldier w/Camera.  Giving him the Mechanics removable cap would rock.
-New ultimate Indy...  They can do better IMO.  Working holster, removable hat, "string" whip (or one with bendy wire in it?), and a ton of gear & treasures.
-Sallah w/Fez (TLC)
-Indy German Panzer (I think) Officer (from Book Burning) (TLC)
-German Motorcycle w/Sidecar, DAK Colors (ROTLA) with German rider w/Goggles & hat.
-German Motorcycle w/Sidecar, w/Indy & Henry figures, (TLC)
-German Sergeant From Truck (ROTLA...  Seemingly Had Been Sculpted!)
-Small German Mechanic (ROTLA)
-German Flying Wing w/Pilot! (ROTLA)
-Frying Pan Victim (ROTLA)
-Monkey Man Bike w/Better Monkey Man (ROTLA)
-Indy's Pilot Buddy (ROTLA Opening Sequence)
-Ceremony Thuggee (TOD)
-Mine Car (I want one dammit) (TOD)
-Sallah in Suit (ROTLA)
-Col. friggin' Dietrich. (ROTLA)
-White SUit Belloq (ROTLA)
-Jungle Belloq (ROTLA)
-Professor Indy (For any movie, more or less)
-Katanga (ROTLA)
-Marion Nepal (ROTLA)
-Nepalese Thug (ROTLA)
-Tux Indy (TOD)
-Lao Che (TOD)
-Donovan (TLC)
-Brody (ROTLA, and I'm ok with just one fairly generic Brody for all seasons...  If he had a hat, that'd be nice, just so he could work for any scene basically)
-"Mac" (CS)
-Oxley (CS)
-Old Marion (CS)
-Black SS Uniform Variation of the German from TOD (whose name escapes me totally right now)
-German "Staff Car" Dietrich/Toht/Belloq were in...  Something generic.  It'd work ok for TLC too.  I'd just like to have that for with the truck and 4WD and stuff.

Boring for sure, but I loved the Indy line and happily paid full price for just about all the figures except some from Crystal Skull because the movie didn't appeal to me as much.

I'd even be into "EU" Indy...  Indy from World War 2?  I'd love to know what he was doing in the OSS at that time.  He's like an even cooler version of James Bond to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77