Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Line  (Read 50174 times)

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Line
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2012, 04:14 PM »
yeah man, this wal mart im talking about use to be my GOLDEN go to spot, always had the new waves in but they did a reset in Nov and put out one case of the Zombie/ techno/ renegades wave, and have rearranged ( reset?) the toy section THREE damn times since then and have moved an empty 12 peg area for joes and then not filled it all three times!!
Something is definatly not going well with hasbro, I mean they have always sucked at distrobution but this is the worst ive ever seen it, I still havnt seen any star wasr figures after the TMP wave ANYWHERE.
Ive had to get wave four of gi joe literally one figure at a time from places liek drug stores ect where I wsee you guys are having luck I go check that kind of store and Ive never found more than one wave 4 joe at a time, still need Sci fi Air tight and about a brazillion more zombies, I only have on one now

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2012, 11:52 AM »
So the Target I bought the last 3 figures from last week....no grey dot OOS stickers, but they just completely removed all the Joe tags and replaced all the empty pegs with Halo crap.  Sigh.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2012, 01:19 PM »
After the last reset, my Target had 8 pegs for GI Joe figures.  They were mostly empty, with maybe 1 or 2 Renegades figures like Ripcord and Scarlett, until they got the 1 case of Storm Shadow wave.  That sold and they were down to 3 Scarlett, 2 each Ripcord and Tunnel Rat and a Snake Eyes.  Snake sold and I thought that might generate a restock seeing as how it dropped their figure count below the peg count.

Last night I stopped in and the top 4 pegs had blank tags and were empty and the bottom 4 pegs had all the Joe figs with the $10.99 price tags.  So they reduced the space, didn't restock anything new and are keeping the ridiculous price....a price which was raised AFTER the current figures were put out.  That's like gas station pricing.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2012, 05:31 PM »
$6.97 @ Wal mart

$10.99 @ target
I guess Target knows they bought all the last wave 3 and 4 cases from hasbro and can charge what they want

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2012, 01:53 PM »
So looks like a Amazon.com renegades 4pk is coming with the elusive Storm Shadow so I guess I'll finally have a shot at him if the pack surfaces.  Might keep SE and the other ninja too depending on price, but Duke?  blah....

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-renegades-19/exclusive-amazoncom-renegades-4-pack-on-the-way-11242/
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2012, 03:28 PM »
great
we have to get peg warmarific duke and snake eyes to get the super rare not al all purposely under distributed SS.
BAH!
does Wal mart still sell krylon semi gloss white paint for about 97 cents a can?
cause I feel fully justified in shoplifting a retaliation ninja and sacrificing it to the hamfist custom gods over this...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2012, 05:07 PM »
That Duke is a good figure at least.  I'll get at least one of that set for my son.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2012, 07:20 PM »
I might actually order one of these.  The Ninja Viper would be cool and I passed on Duke but have been thining about going back and getting him.  Although, I have SE and SS but I'm thinking I probably wouldn't have any trouble trading at least SS.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2012, 11:08 PM »
Duke isn't a bad figure at all. Depending on price, I think I might get this set. Can't hurt having another Renegades SS around.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2012, 02:13 PM »
or to be able to actually get your hands on your first, as it will be in my case.   ;D

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2012, 10:28 AM »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09 AM »
Well, Amazon has the Retaliation and Renegades 4-packs in stock but they're a ridiculous $40 each!

Renegades

Retaliation

The Dreadnok and Marauders 7-packs were only $50 for three additional figures and the Resolute packs were the same price.  This hobby is getting way too ******* expensive to be fun anymore.

E...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2012, 11:08 AM »
The Amazon sets are a ripoff. I'll be waiting for a price reduction. $30 would have been perfect, especially when the Retaliation 3-packs are going to sell for $20-$25.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2012, 11:19 AM »
these wont stay that price - no way possible.  I am kind of wondering if these are just being sold through amazon and not really by amazon - though I do see that it does not list any other seller.

The amazon page only allows one to purchase 2 of each set - so either that is all there is, or they are limiting pre-orders - which is something I have never seen amazon do.

Also those pics make me kind of skeptical too that these really are being sold by amazon.  I just dont see amazon using those types of pictures for their listings.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2012, 11:28 AM »
these wont stay that price - no way possible.  I am kind of wondering if these are just being sold through amazon and not really by amazon - though I do see that it does not list any other seller.

The amazon page only allows one to purchase 2 of each set - so either that is all there is, or they are limiting pre-orders - which is something I have never seen amazon do.

Also those pics make me kind of skeptical too that these really are being sold by amazon.  I just dont see amazon using those types of pictures for their listings.

I don't have any answers about the limits, except that I have seen Amazon impose them on their lightning and special deals. I don't think these are pre-orders though, but rather in-stock and ready to ship.

The pictures were uploaded by a user, which is a shame. I really want to see better pics of the figures, so official Hasbro pics would have been appreciated.