Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Line  (Read 50169 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Line
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2012, 02:05 PM »
Hit 4 Dollar Generals found one complete set. (all at the same store)

These are set to auto-reorder once sold out. Also these stores CAN check stock if you have the number , I will take a pic of my receipt so y'all can use it.

Oh and the price is $6, the $3.50 was for the galactic heroes sized joes.

I found a DG tucked away in a sleepy city one state over - just a 30 min drive.  What's the UPC code or whatever sticker # they put on their stuff?  NvRmind - I interwebbed it.  :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:15 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2012, 01:40 AM »
Saw an almost full set of them tonight...  GOt my bro Shipwreck, Cobra Trooper, and Duke (That's Grunt, Duke was never a greenshirt).

I want one of Duke myself...  Great Greenshirt.  I want one my my meager shelf of Joes because I find Green Shirts intriguing.  The Cobra Trooper is cool for army building, as is the generic Ninja.  Shipwreck, with headswaps, would make maybe the most awesome group of "SEAL" type special forces guys for Joes to back up Shipwreck.

I'm gonna hit more DG's as soon as I am able...  They're building a new one not far away actually, and I think I have 1 or 2 more within a short drive I can hit, so I'll keep looking.

I left the Ninja and Snake Eyes at this store...  My other store had nothing though, at all.  Kind of a bummer.

You're gonna need those #'s to check stock too, by the way!  DG's are a mess, haha.  Took me some serious scouring of the first store to find them.  The second store I'm pretty sure had nothing.  It was a little better organized.  I saw some of those OLD Joes (with the o-rings) that DG had though.  Like the Ace figure without any gear and stuff.  They were in their clearance area, which is kinda funny DG has a clearance area.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2012, 09:45 PM »
Since there were several sightings of new toys for both Joe and SW I decided to make a shopping trip today.  Although I did see some clearance priced Joes at Target and a few Renegads at TRU, I didn't buy anything.  I did stop at 4 Dollar General stores, though, and found squat.

I didn't bother to ask if they had anything coming because I don't see going back to those stores ever again...very ghetto.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2012, 07:56 PM »
I really find it odd how it seems all Dollar General smell the same...  I have been to 4 different stores now and one of them was brand new and they all smelled like old granny house

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2012, 12:55 AM »
DG is a really shady store...  of the dollar store world, they're the one that is most likely to rip you off by making you think "Hey, this is a great deal!", when in reality the packaging is smaller, or you get one less of whatever it is...  DG is pretty bad that way.  Family Dollar is a step above, but not a big one.

Dollar stores ripping people off are the worst too...  They're taking from the people who have less generally.  DG in particular loves to put stores up where they know they'll get a lot of foot traffic from people without cars, and not much competition immediately around them.  Sucks.

I've found some remnants of the new Joes a couple times now, and one almost full set (no CC, oddly).  I keep looking though.  I got a Duke to use as just a "Grunt" on my shelf.  Gonna take off one of those holsters though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #185 on: June 3, 2012, 07:18 PM »
Got tired of hitting these hell holes and just bought a set on ebay. Now let the floodgates open...  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 3, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Got tired of hitting these hell holes and just bought a set on ebay. Now let the floodgates open...  :)

How much did you bite at if I don't mind asking?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 3, 2012, 09:42 PM »
$68 after shipping. Was pretty close to my limit, so i went with it. I've paid more than $10 for a Joe before, so no big deal. I just got tired of seeing ROC Combat Heroes locally killing any chance of these being stocked.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 4, 2012, 10:05 AM »
That's not too bad - may have to hop on there and find a deal.  There's only 3 DG's in my state and they're already covered by the locals and so far squat for MN.  Drove out to 1 in WI but not wasting my time doing that again.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 8, 2012, 03:31 PM »
What bothered me was there's five in my city, and not a one will be getting them until, I guess, their next reset. I got my set today, and for a bunch of frankenjoes, they are pretty cool. I was really hoping Hasbro would get this version of Snake Eyes out at some point, and it's great to have it.

I'd almost love to see another set of these, something like Falcon from the Marauders pack in his original colors and some other stuff Hasbro can do with existing tooling. The accessories are light, but it's nice to have a stand in the package, something sorely missing from the movie figures.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 8, 2012, 03:53 PM »
This past week, on two separate toy runs, a TRU in my area had some 30th figures... a few days ago, I found an Airtight and bought it.  Went back today, and they had a Zombie Viper - bought it too.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2012, 02:18 PM »
I got a bundle of figures that includes a carded DG Snake Eyes.  I'd be happy to trade it to anyone for a DG Corbra Trooper or Shipwreck.  PM me if interested.  Thanks.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2012, 04:59 PM »
I keep getting sniped on eBay for the Dollar Joes....Forgot how wonderfully awful it is trying to bid on a hot new item.   :-\   Have to head to WI for the "good fireworks" this weekend so I suppose it couldn't hurt to try that lone store once more.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2012, 05:04 PM »
The DG stores in my area don't even have peg space for these.  Anyone know if they are putting them on pegs or in some sort of shipper box?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2012, 05:10 PM »
I just found two more DG figures yesterday, Snake Eyes and Shipwreck.

The set that I found about two weeks ago were not on pegs they were standing on a shelf.  There was no tag on the shelf for them showing the price but they all rang up for the $6 price which had been announced.

Yesterday the figures I found were hanging on pegs on a small rack that was attached to the side of the end cap of the action figure aisle.  There was no peg tag with price there either.  They also had the single packed GI Joe Heroe figures and a couple Star Wars Jedi Force single packed figures on the rack.

Really, there doesn't seem to be a pattern.  The stores I've stopped in, I scanned every aisle and the top shelf around the outside walls of the store where they have a tendancy to put overstock.  My best advice, look at photos to get the look in your head and then just wander the DG stores scanning for them. 

To be honest, I felt a little weird wandering every aisle of the stores only to walk out of most of them empty handed.  Probably looked like the neighborhood crazy.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"