Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Line  (Read 50171 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Line
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 09:46 PM »
Target has these on sale for $6.99 this week.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 01:00 PM »
All I have at my Target is about 8 Snow Destro figures.   ::)

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 07:52 PM »
All I have at my Target is about 8 Snow Destro figures.   ::)

been seeing that at multiple targets in my area as well. very disappointing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 09:17 PM »
Same here, but my Target did get in a buttload of new guys, so don't give up hpoe.  Snow Destroes aren't keeping the new ones from hitting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 02:05 AM »
My Target store sold their Destro figures during a sale a couple months ago.  Then we sat on blank pegs for a while but now we've gotten a couple new waves.  We got the new 30th wave 2 which includes the Renegades figures.  One set of the 4 Renegades figures sold but only the Cobra Commander from the second set has sold.  And none of the carry forward repacks have moved yet.

I'm betting some will go by Friday, especially since they're on sale for $6.99 this week.  I may even pick up a couple Cobra troops if they don't move in a day or two.  I already snagged 2 Hazard Vipers otherwise I'd be in on a couple of them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 11:00 AM »
I will be trying to grab some of them this week at my Target if they show up. Its just getting harder to spend the money to collect these figures as I have been watching the prices on these toys slowly creep up. Walmart seems to be the cheapest retailer in my area as they have them regular priced at about $6.88, Target at $7.99, and Toys R Us at $8.49. sadly it only seems to be only the Walmart supercenters that actually have any of the Joes in stock while Toys R Us has the most on hand (including vehicles) yet marks up their prices significantly higher than everyone else. It just seems to be a bad time to be collecting action figures in general right now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2011, 10:02 AM »
Why is Airtight "animated" ?  Was he in the toon?  Guess he doesn't really look animated like some of the other Renegade stuff, but ya.  Missed that memo.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Yes, he was in the Renegades cartoon.  I think it was the airplane episode.

Offline AJ98

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2011, 01:15 PM »
This wave doesnt really impress me at all and I could care less for the Renegades figures. But the other two regular Joes are a bit too "colorful" and weird for my liking.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Wow AT looks awesome.  Never was a fav of mine because of the non-removable bucket, but seeing him now, and having a Hazard Viper he can whip up on, is kind of neat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 04:49 PM »
I don't give a **** what the card looks like, Airtight looks like a perfect 30th anniversary representation of his RAH figure and that makes me happy.

This wave is filled with winners - Airtight, Sci-Fi, Law & Order, Tele Viper.  Good stuff.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Airtight was actually one of my favorite Joes as a kid and I think he looks fantastic - I don't do carded Joe stuff unless it's on a classic card, I was just confused as to why he was on a "toon" card.

Oh and Techno Viper was one of the last viper dudes I got as a kid so he will be a much have.  I think I got him, Frag, and Astro Viper all in one last swoop before I said goodbye to this line.  I had a thing for anything Viper back in the day and their favorite ride was in the HISS II.   :D

Oddly enough - I never even thought of army building back then and none of my buddies did either.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 07:38 PM »
While some of the Renegades figures really look cartoony, Airtight is one that can work with the 25th/30th/POC just as well.  Same for Law and Order and Storm Shadow (w/ the alternate head).

I like the Scarlett figure and the Cobra Trooper is nice, but I probably won't buy him because he doesn't fit in as well with the other troops. 

I also like Tunnel Rat but really wish he was more 30th/POC in design.  I think Hasbro released TR twice in the 25th/ROC lines but I didn't care for the design.  Along with Scarlett, Baroness and a couple others, I really wanted TR in the POC line badly.

E...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 09:41 PM »
While some of the Renegades figures really look cartoony, Airtight is one that can work with the 25th/30th/POC just as well.  Same for Law and Order and Storm Shadow (w/ the alternate head).

I like the Scarlett figure and the Cobra Trooper is nice, but I probably won't buy him because he doesn't fit in as well with the other troops. 

I also like Tunnel Rat but really wish he was more 30th/POC in design.  I think Hasbro released TR twice in the 25th/ROC lines but I didn't care for the design.  Along with Scarlett, Baroness and a couple others, I really wanted TR in the POC line badly.

E...

Maybe I'm not detail oriented, but I think the Renegades figures don't look animated at all, or at least no more animated than figures from the 25th Anniversary line. I do think figures like SE and Cobra Commander don't look quite right with the highly detailed POC figures, but on the other hand Renegades Duke might be the best looking (and most realistic) Duke we have gotten in a long time.

Animated or not, I think I'm sold on all of the Wave 3 and 4 figures, along with some extras of the army builders. (esp the Renegades Cobra) I know I can't wait to see Lifeline and Storm Shadow carded.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 11:52 PM »
The Renegade figures are definitely not as cartoonish as they could be, but they have an aesthetic that's more cartoon than the other figures out right now and the colors, on several, feel more cartoon that realistic.  I'm really in love with the POC releases, it's like the grown-up version of Joe, and I wish Hasbro could have continued that line for another year or two.

The Renegades Duke is a nice figure, but I think the Wave 3 Duke, with the missile pack, may be the best version of him Hasbro has done.  I really like the head sculpt and the body on that, it's a great generic base for all different types of equipment you could throw at him.

E...