Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Line  (Read 50179 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Line
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 03:43 PM »
I agree with the sentiment that the Renegades stuff is not too animated... in fact, blended in with the 30th line, these are the best GI JOE figures ever made in my opinion.  They look so good opened up, and my son is really enjoying them... I'm a bit jealous of his collection!  Ha Ha.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 06:50 PM »
I honestly don't think the Renegades look Animated at all...  They look true to their character they're representing, but their facial features and body structure are 100% realistic IMO.  This is what I wish we'd gotten out of Clone Wars to be honest, since I'd like figures from it but not cartoony looking.

I picked up Duke and will nab T Rat for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 02:31 AM »
Yeah, I can't imagine how much Clone Wars stuff I would have bought the past few years if they had gone realistic style with those figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2011, 01:45 AM »
I have to admit I'm almost thankful on one hand that I didn't get that hooked into CW since that would've certainly been a lot more costly to me.  On the other hand though, I really wanted realistic CW stuff, and not just one or two from the series, but a pretty thorough line of realistic stuff.

I'm cool with one or two like we're going to get (for now), but I would've been all-in on the entire line, had it turned out that way.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2011, 04:52 PM »
Hisstank.com has pics of wave 3 carded which includes Sci-Fi, Techno Viper, Airtight and Law & Order.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 3, 2011, 07:55 AM »
Carded pics of Lifeline and Zombie Viper

Lifeline is a must for me.  Still debating on the Zombie Viper.  It looks cool and all, but I don't really need it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 3, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Wow, great pics... I'll get Lifeline for my son, and a couple Zombie Vipers... I might even get a couple more of those for myself.  Both look awesome!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 3, 2011, 12:02 PM »
I just hope we see these at retail.  Most of all my local stores went from having 6-8 Destros to just absolutely jammed pegs of Renegades with maybe a viper here and there.  I noticed Target dropped the price down a tad to $7.89 at least in my area, but I sure hope these don't sit too long so the good stuff doesn't make it out. 

Zombie Viper?  Still trying to figure that one out, but he looks pretty nifty.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #53 on: November 3, 2011, 05:20 PM »
I love the amount of accessories JOE manages to cram in a bubble. Maybe when TVC runs it's course, we can get a hybrid card design with a Vintage look and these bigger bubbles.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 4, 2011, 12:48 AM »
That Lifeline figure is a thing of beauty.  I'm really looking forward to picking him up.  Oddly enough, I really like Sci-Fi also, and I wasn't expecting to.  I have the vintage figure but I've never been a huge fan, but this new take is pretty cool.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 4, 2011, 03:48 PM »
walked into wal mart last night to find two full cases of the Renegades, Viper, haz, iron grandier, cobra trooper wave. Up to 4 each vipers and Cobra troopers now, picked up Steel brigaders and really dig those, also found STALKER!!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 4, 2011, 06:25 PM »
Good find.  Was the Steel Brigade the original or the new version with the Snake Eyes body?  If it's the SE body it'll have a holster on the right hip and a ribbed sweater.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 7, 2011, 11:38 AM »
It was the snake eyes version, and I didnt know that those knee pads will come off.
Ive been away from Joes since about 2001, and before that I had been away since about 1990. Now I have to rebuild a cast from scratch

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: November 7, 2011, 10:33 PM »
That Lifeline figure is a thing of beauty. 

Quoted for truth...  I must have 2 of him.

Perfect medic figure.  Doc could only hope to be this awesome! :)

I'll miss POC.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 7, 2011, 11:45 PM »
I just noticed Lifeline comes with weapons. Did they change his pacifist background?