Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Line  (Read 50185 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Line
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2012, 02:34 PM »
Quantities have been changed to 5 now

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Renegades set is sold out, but both have better pics now.

Amazon had an exclusive Transformers Unicron last year and its price NEVER changed - quantities sure did though.  That thing was sold out quite a bit.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2012, 07:53 PM »
so it looks like Roadblock still has that thing attached to his hand?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 2, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Looks like the Renegades set is back in stock
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 2, 2012, 09:54 PM »
Nice pictures; hi res enough to read the file cards.  Not too keen on Roadblock being a ninja, but whatever, I guess.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 3, 2012, 03:19 AM »
I went ahead and dropped the cash on the Renegades pack but passed on the Retaliation set.  It looks like the Roadblock figure has the same molded-on accessory attachement in his right hand, SE and SS aren't really different enough from the carded releases to be must-haves and I'm not going to spend $40 for the black Cobra Commander figure even though I think it looks really good.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 3, 2012, 08:24 AM »
Anyone here know what is up with the ball jointed hips on the ninjas in the Renegades pack?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 4, 2012, 11:49 AM »
$18.38 Skystrikers in my neck of the woods today (Target of course)  12" figs were $20ish - no 4" figs though but I'd imagine they're on clearance too.   :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2012, 03:32 AM »
$25 Skystrikers here. Grabbed a third one to repaint if a Night Boomer is never announced. Figures were under $8 (Arctic Destro and Renegades CC) and 12"ers were under $20, but seemed to disappear faster than Skystrikers.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Target is being a freak on clearances right now - I've only seen orange tags at one store.  Odd since they normally follow each other.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2012, 11:52 AM »
No Joe clearances here.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2012, 01:10 AM »
I found clearances yesterday.  They sold through their 12" basic figures a while ago but they have two paratroopers for $21, 3.75" figures were $7-something and the Skystriker was $25.

Usually Target stores are more in synch, but they're all going to get to this clearance eventually.  I'd buy another Skystriker at 50% off but at $25 it's still more than I paid for my first one so I have a hard time paying it.  I'll be keeping an eye on the store though.

In other news, my Amazon Renegades 4-pack came.  I love the Duke figure in the set and even though it's a little bit different, don't know why I passed on the single carded version.  He's so basic he makes a great base to do any number of things with.  I just wish he had holsters for all the pistols he comes with.

I'm not as happy with the other three figures.  They all look good but they feel very rubbery and I don't like that.  It's hard to get them to stand in some poses and I know that without a stand (maybe even with one) they won't be upright for very long.  Plus the peg holes in the feet of the two ninjas is so shallow neither actually seems to work with the included stands.  I also don't like the new ankle joint.  The hip joint is actually pretty good for the most part, except on Snake Eyes, one is frozen and I haven't been able to get it loose yet.

Over all, for the price, I'm not sure it was worth it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2012, 08:44 AM »
"Basic" wave of repaint/kitbashes is showing up at Dollar General stores for $6 each.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2012, 09:22 AM »
"Basic" wave of repaint/kitbashes is showing up at Dollar General stores for $6 each.

Sigh....At least I had a week off since I got my Storm Shadow.  Back to wabbit hunting.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2012, 01:24 PM »
If that price is accurate, I'll buy every one I see and help all of us out. 

I'll also double somebody else's money if they can find that duke or shipwreck before I do.