Author Topic: Batman - The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 47640 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Batman - The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #180 on: August 5, 2012, 06:40 PM »
I thought the 'exile' bridge was the Queensboro since it had the cable car along side it (that runs from Manhattan to Roosevelt Island).

I didn't recall a cable car in the shot...  From what I'd recalled of the scene of the exiles though I thought that was the downtown side under the Ft. Pitt, but I could be wrong...  I don't recall the scene well enough to remember a cable car so I missed something for sure.  I'm sure locals are going to be anxious to pick apart all kinds of stuff with it.  I know the one tunnel was an area downtown called the Bathtub.  Some of the chase shots were on the Mon Wharf but made to look longer.  It was pretty cool to look at and know what you're seeing but see it altered to look longer or wider than it actually is.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 5, 2012, 06:40 PM »
Er, sorry... I goofed the 'exile' one.  Yeah, I meant the 'escape' bridge where Blake was.  You can see the cables when he talks to the other cops.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2012, 06:41 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: August 5, 2012, 06:49 PM »
I'm forgetting the scene...  maybe close up they used the NYC one?  The distance shots it REALLY looked like the Ft. Pitt to me, but maybe they're also very similar.  I don't recall them closing the Ft Pitt to film anything but they took a ton of aerial shots over the city.

A lot of set shooting was done here too I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 5, 2012, 08:31 PM »
Yeah, the Empire State Building stands out.  But that Saks was not the one in NYC.  Despite the name, Saks is a chain.

I know, but it's a chain that's name is partially rooted in a New York Avenue - it's a New York staple.  When they drive by that signage it doesn't make you think Gotham City, it makes you think United States... New York... product placement.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: August 6, 2012, 02:05 AM »
By Dale's link then I'd say at least the close-ups are the Queensboro Bridge, if not the aerial shots as well.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 6, 2012, 01:05 PM »
I saw it yesterday. I preferred to wait for crowds and hype to die down.

Good. Not quite excellent. I felt the two villains' deaths weren't satisfying enough. If you have people with evil schemes, it's more fun to let them live long enough to see their plans fail.

There was totally a missed opportunity for a "straw man" joke during Crane's judgement of Gordon. "So, the Scarecrow makes us the straw men."

I think Gordon was dumb for thinking the truth of Dent's death should be revealled. Dent wasn't evil at heart, just flawed. Batman took the blame...he offered to take the blame. 

That also makes Wayne's seclusion one big dumb guilt trip. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 2, 2013, 12:07 AM »
I finally watched this movie again the other day.  I think on second viewing I picked up a lot of things I missed when seeing it at the theater.  It actually helped me enjoy most of it more than I originally did, but I still think the end is completely messed up.  And I'm still baffled about the time spend to build up JGL's part when we'll probably never see him again.

Eh.  As a trilogy, it's a solid outting, much better than a lot of other franchises have managed (eg Spider-Man, X-Men).  So, I take back some of the bashing I handed it, but not all.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"