Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558147 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1230 on: February 13, 2014, 11:09 PM »

I would have said Dale (I was shocked by the brutality of that death) or Hershel.  Two characters, who for the most part, most people seemed to like. 

Being the moral compass is generally not a career enhancing move. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 14, 2014, 12:17 AM »
Lori and Dale were the only two big deaths on the show that I found shocking and unexpected. The writing was on the wall for Shane, Merle, Andrea, Herschel and The Governor so I wasn't surprised when they bit the dust. As much as I enjoy Daryl and Rick, seeing one of them get ambushed and eaten by walkers would really kick things up a notch.

Part of why we all saw those deaths coming is because TWD kills off main characters. Not because it was just so expected and the easy thing to do.

I can't wrap my head around the only way to make this show good is to kill off Rick, Michone, or Daryl. I know that isn't exactly what is being said, but close enough. I hope Michone or Daryl goes, but not for a while. I just want to know it could happen. Don't do it for the sake of doing it.

I wonder how many people are hoping Rick, Michone, or Daryl will die. It's not always about shock value.

I think Rick or Daryl would be prime characters to kill off because they are very well developed, and their deaths could be totally unexpected AND shocking. I feel they are the only characters on the show who could die in next week's episode and leave me totally devastated, but unfortunately they are apparently untouchable. I am not nearly as invested in the other characters as they haven't received the same level of development. With all of the characters being either untouchable or under-developed, the show lacks suspense and has become less enjoyable for me.

Of course, I'd be just as happy if development and attention was more balanced among all of the characters. Carol earlier this season and Michonne in this past episode were steps in the right direction. I would love to see Tyrese, Bob, and Sasha get similar attention. Keep Glenn, Maggie, and Beth in the picture as well. I would love to get invested in everyone on the show, so any death could have the same level of impact without a character needing a "focus" episode before.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 14, 2014, 07:31 AM »
I hear what you are saying there, but it still doesn't get me to one of them NEEDS to die.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1233 on: February 14, 2014, 09:47 AM »
Lori and Dale were the only two big deaths on the show that I found shocking and unexpected. The writing was on the wall for Shane, Merle, Andrea, Herschel and The Governor so I wasn't surprised when they bit the dust. As much as I enjoy Daryl and Rick, seeing one of them get ambushed and eaten by walkers would really kick things up a notch.

Part of why we all saw those deaths coming is because TWD kills off main characters. Not because it was just so expected and the easy thing to do.

You must have a pretty broad definition of what a main character is.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 14, 2014, 10:07 AM »

You must have a pretty broad definition of what a main character is.

Again killing off Rick or the show isn't good still makes no sense. And apparently that's what you think. Do you want the main character in all shows you watch killed off? I think I am done debating with you. I appreciate Greg and Matt M debating with me and Justin, etc because it feels like a friendly debate. Any time YOU say anything it seems like you're being an a*hole for the sake of being an a*hole, in my opinion, so it riles me up too. I could be reading you wrong, and if so I apologize, but I don't think so, so that is a pretty worthless apology.

We will just have to agree to disagree and I will continue watching the show and enjoying it and rooting even harder they never kill off Rick both because I like his character and just to be a jerk. Thanks.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1235 on: February 14, 2014, 10:25 AM »
Again killing off Rick or the show isn't good still makes no sense. And apparently that's what you think. Do you want the main character in all shows you watch killed off? I think I am done debating with you. I appreciate Greg and Matt M debating with me and Justin, etc because it feels like a friendly debate. Any time YOU say anything it seems like you're being an a*hole for the sake of being an a*hole, in my opinion, so it riles me up too. I could be reading you wrong, and if so I apologize, but I don't think so, so that is a pretty worthless apology.

We will just have to agree to disagree and I will continue watching the show and enjoying it and rooting even harder they never kill off Rick both because I like his character and just to be a jerk. Thanks.

Yeah, you're not taking this discussion about a zombie TV show way too personally at all. My bad.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 14, 2014, 10:52 AM »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: February 14, 2014, 10:55 AM »
Yeah, you're not taking this discussion about a zombie TV show way too personally at all. My bad.

What part of this conversation feels "personal" to you?  ??? Is that just your go to when you don't have a response?

Beyond a difference in opinion of where they should take the show, your posts have been rather dickish. 

ANYWAY, I am looking forward to seeing more of the cast in next week's episode.  Glad to see everyone on the run again outside the comfort of the prison and beyond the clutches of the Governor.  It's going to be interesting to see where they hold up and how they go about finding each other.  Hopefully Tyrese will get a bigger share of the spotlight and I can't wait until Abraham shows up.  He's a character that could actually replace Daryl in popularity and it would be fun to see them go at it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1238 on: February 14, 2014, 11:27 AM »
What part of this conversation feels "personal" to you?  ??? Is that just your go to when you don't have a response?

Beyond a difference in opinion of where they should take the show, your posts have been rather dickish. 

Is this where I go back and list all the things I've been called in the last 24 hours?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 14, 2014, 11:48 AM »

Is this where I go back and list all the things I've been called in the last 24 hours?

For everyone else's annoyance level's sake, I promise I'm done after this. I have posted some a*hole things. True. However, only as an over reaction to something as trivial as a tv show. I, again my opinion, I obviously don't know you, think you enjoy the a*hole comment as a part of your argument, and that isn't just based on this particular conversation.

Ok Jeff, Jesse, and the others that just want to talk about the show, I promise I am done until we are discussing this Sunday's episode. SORRY all.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 14, 2014, 12:42 PM »

All the things you've been called?  ??? Honestly Matt, I think you're taking this all too personal.  It's just a show - relax.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: February 14, 2014, 02:38 PM »
I think after Hershel's death, we should see some interesting character development out of Daryl and Beth, Maggie who is with Sasha and Bob as well as Glenn...wherever he is since he doesn't know Hershel was killed.
And when Carol is re-introduced, whomever she meets up with will create interesting stories too.
And from recent interviews, I "think" the producers are trying to say Judith may very well have died but I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyreese with her.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 14, 2014, 04:10 PM »
I caught that bit about Judith too, but I wonder if it's real or a red herring.  They were essentially discussing how much they could get away with showing with regards to Judith, which makes me think she doesn't make it.  Maybe a dead baby will satisfy those needing more shock value from the storyline.  That said, I don't think they can just leave it as a bloody carseat, so I bet we see her with one of the other survivors.  Tyrese is a good bet.

I am excited to see what Beth can bring to the table and who else made it away safe from the prison.  Feels like maybe a dozen survivors or so?  (Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl, Beth, Maggie, Bob, Sasha, Lilly(?), Carol's girls, Glenn & a few others on that bus?) .  I'm hoping they bring in Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita in the next few episodes.  They are sorely in need of a scientist and medic at this point.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1243 on: February 14, 2014, 05:56 PM »
For everyone else's annoyance level's sake, I promise I'm done after this. I have posted some a*hole things. True. However, only as an over reaction to something as trivial as a tv show. I, again my opinion, I obviously don't know you, think you enjoy the a*hole comment as a part of your argument, and that isn't just based on this particular conversation.

That's fair. I know I've got a horrible reputation for being an ******* around here. I don't think I'm that way any more, but it's something I'll probably never be able to live down with some people. Oh well. Can't do anything about that now. Made my own bed and all that.

Ok Jeff, Jesse, and the others that just want to talk about the show, I promise I am done until we are discussing this Sunday's episode. SORRY all.

Yes. Let's just get back to talking about the show, which is, without question, the most finely-crafted program in the history of broadcast television. A show against which all other shows will be judged, from now until the end of time.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 14, 2014, 11:43 PM »

That's fair. I know I've got a horrible reputation for being an ******* around here.

Not *******.  Prick.   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.