Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558022 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2011, 11:42 PM »
Quick question before tonight's episode - uh - how long has Rick been back?

IN the timeline of the show, I'd say no more than a week or two.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2011, 08:12 AM »
Quick question before tonight's episode - uh - how long has Rick been back?

IN the timeline of the show, I'd say no more than a week or two.
Oops - well then that is one doodle that can't be undid........
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2011, 09:45 AM »
About last night...damn!!!!

I knew there was something up with that really odd family, but I didn't expect to see them keeping walkers as "pets."  I'm interested to see where that goes next week.  Sucks though, because the show will go on a break until February I believe to film episodes 7-12.  It's going to be a long winter. 

I also wonder if we are going to continue seeing Merel dreams (or Merel himself) and if Sophia was the person hiding out in the house.  Darryl really seemed to be motivated to get away from his brother even more so last night, judging by his reactions to the dream.  He's really started to come into his own and is now one of my favorite characters. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2011, 10:13 AM »
Really good episode last night...the whole scene in the creek bad was freaking awesome from start to finish. Ripping the arrow out of your own abdomen, cocking the crossbow, and then firing that thing point blank right into the zombie's brain just before it eats you...does it get any better than that?

I was disappointed we got gypped with a "hallucination Merle" rather than the real thing but whatever. Writers love stupid mis-direction crap like that. I guess he was Darryl's "chupacabra du jour".

I like that Darryl is sort of wrestling internally with his own identity, kind of an opposing parallel to Shane. Darryl's a good guy who was probably told his whole life he was a bad guy and is struggling to emerge from that shadow. Shane is clearly heading in the opposite direction.

It's cool to see Andrea sort of morphing more into her comic book character, the sharpshooter of the bunch. Great line by Dale too..."we've all wanted to shoot Darryl".  :D

Cool twist with the barn, you know that isn't going to end well. P-whipped or not, I can't see Glyn agreeing to keep this a secret for long. I suspect the walkers in there are probably friends or kin of the old man, and he is keeping them around in the hopes that they can be "cured" at some point. Good luck with that. 

Sucks about the "fall hiatus" - that seems completely unnecessary. The show has been off the air for over a year already!

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2011, 08:28 AM »
Man I really like this show, but the last two episodes could have been compressed into one. I've read ahead on Wikipedia, and the barn was part of the graphic novel plot.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2011, 09:25 AM »
This show is so awesome and frustrating at the same time. It's the only show I NEVER want to end...I just wish the episodes went on for hours. It's SO engrossing, but the pace really plods sometimes, and there is really no sense of how much time is passing.

I mean, how long have they been at that farm now? I assumed it was only 2-3 days but it seems much longer now. Did they really think they were going to just stay there? I think Lori was the only one laboring under that misconception.

I officially HATE Lori too, her character just sucks. How the hell are you gonna feed Rick all that crap about keeping secrets? REALLY?!?! You have no shame, none. BTW, the make-up/CGI folks are going to have a really hard time making it seem believable she is pregnant...that woman looks like a total anorexic.

Is anyone even looking for Sophia anymore? They sure seem lackadaisacal about it. Even the freaking Mom seems content to just chill out around camp. I have to think they could come up with a better way to search than going house by house and room by room too. Try standing on top of your car and shouting her name. That way, when the zombies inevitably show up, you can just jump in your ride and take off.

I kind of like what they are doing with Glenn and Andrea's characters, shading them in with a little more depth. I also liked that they actually moved the plot forward pretty substantially last night. Not only did we finally get Lori revealing the pregnancy to Rick, but she even came clean about Shane. I was expecting them to draw that out much longer, so a welcome relief.

Is it even a question of whose baby it is? Again, the timelines are way confusing on this show but it would seem like it would HAVE to be Shane's right? But Rick doesn't even think to ask this?

Loved Dale calling out Shane too...his next conversation needs to be with Rick now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54 AM »
Speaking of timelines....what really bothered me last night was the neighborhood that they went to.

Corpses had been in the garage long enough to rot down to skeletons, but the grass was all mowed and trimmed.

Do zombies landscape?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2011, 12:19 PM »
I thought those bodies had been burned...but yeah, the lawns were a little too pristine.

Does anyone know how long the histus is?  Sucks that next week is the last show for a while.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:17 AM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2011, 01:51 PM »
I want to say I read something like February. 

I didn't pay any attention to the manicured lawns. I was just ready to see some zombie slaying last night and we got a bit so I was happy.  Hopefully next week we'll see a lot of it.  Overall though, good episode last night IMO.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2011, 11:22 PM »
I think I've pretty much given up on the show. I didn't know the title of show referred to the speed this show plot progresses at. I think this season acted like a zombie.  I mean we had complete episodes were people searched a house and found nothing. Too slow to stay interesting.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2011, 03:01 PM »
I think I've pretty much given up on the show. I didn't know the title of show referred to the speed this show plot progresses at. I think this season acted like a zombie.  I mean we had complete episodes were people searched a house and found nothing. Too slow to stay interesting.

That is what makes the show so compelling - it is a character driven show - not action.  The tagline for all AMC series is "Story Matters Here".  I find that the hour passes very quickly and I am not ready for it to end yet.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Someone should have put Shane down like the rabid dog he is turning in to. I kind of expected Darryl to shoot him.  Sucks about Sophia.  Suspecting it and seeing it are two different things.  At least February isn't too long of a wait.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 27, 2011, 11:02 PM »
It's so weird to see what they are and are not sticking true to the comic book on...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2011, 12:22 AM »
It's so weird to see what they are and are not sticking true to the comic book on...

Like the Harry Potter Series I'm not spoiling this by reading anything prior to watching the show.  And like Potter, I suspect the written version may well be superior meaning for me, the best comes later. 

Still enjoying the show.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2011, 03:02 AM »
Wow.  I thought for sure they were going to find Sophia alive.
This is the way.

I have spoken.