Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558210 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2011, 10:52 AM »
In terms of the other survivor groups that are out there:  I was just thinking about that the other day and wondering when they were going to start coming across other groups.  I was thinking about The Stand and about all the ******** that would be out and about in the world running their own little groups........
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Another group (or more) of survivors should be encountered at some point if it follows the comics (don't think that really spoils anything).

As for the series itself, I'm totally engulfed in it.  It's even more thrilling for me than 24 ever was... I love the character driven aspects of this show - even the slow parts are outstanding to me.  Who would have thought that a zombie show could be so damn appealing, even to people who don't like zombie stuff?  I know many ladies and also older folks who are drawn into this series too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2011, 09:22 PM »
My mother is hooked on this show so we have discussions...  We were discussing groups in particular that survive, and I was giving her examples of "********" in other similar stories...

Bikers in Dawn of the Dead.

Soldiers in 28 Days Later...  That type of stuff.

People well armed, "strong" in numbers, who are mobile, and when societal breakdowns occur, they become free-thinking/independant, and have nobody to answer to any longer, so they become the ******** of the world...  Gangs would be included in that ultimately, even though the Vatos would be doing a good thing.  They still clearly were willing to harm/hurt people they didn't know to keep doing what they wanted.

Much like Shane, they'd have a duality to them...  Shane, as bad as he is, was still doing what he felt was right...  He didn't know Otis, and Otis caused Rick's son's injuries, so he figured "F it" and used him to advance himself and who he cares about...  Much like his little fit at the barn harmed Hershel, but why would Shane care ya know?  Till of course teh zombie that comes out is someone you know, and you care about...

I'm hopeful Webisodes maybe cover some of the more detailed things the Deadophiles want to know like how it started and stuff...  I liked the webisode about the half-lady in the park, and I'd love one that focused on Sophia's bite/explanation, and one about the breakdown of society and how it all began and escalated on a national and global scale...

It makes one wonder too, are there isolated places where this isn't affecting anyone?  Like could Hawaii be spared because they lock it down or something when they see it out of control or something?  Be cool if there were these island havens.

I just love this show...  I can't bring myself to read the comics because the show keeps me so tense, I would hate "knowing" the possible future of it at this point.

And don't tease me about these horrible groups of survivors.  I really have already imagined a lot, and that just makes me even more giddy for future episodes! :)  I love this show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2011, 09:25 PM »
  Like could Hawaii be spared because they lock it down or something when they see it out of control or something? 

I will research this for you in the coming weeks.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2011, 09:53 PM »
I expect details...  Hot Zombies in bikinis and stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 1, 2011, 12:05 AM »
All of a sudden I feel Shaggy.  :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 1, 2011, 09:24 AM »
I expect details...  Hot Zombies in bikinis and stuff.

Like this:
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #217 on: December 1, 2011, 12:21 PM »
So Hawaii isn't a safe haven, but if you're a zombie, there's at least some hotties for you?  Interesting.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 1, 2011, 12:25 PM »
That's the type of thing that I wish the show would get to at some point.  It doesn't seem like anyone cares about that.

They have been pretty upfront that the primary focus of the show would be surviving.  More realistic to think that a small group would be more concerned with just staying alive rather than having two cops, a wife, and a couple others trying to solve what apparently the CDC couldn't.

I'm not looking for Rick and the crew to save the world, but unless I'm forgetting something, Rick just seemed to accept that when he woke up from being shot the world had gone to **** and dead people were walking around.

Me, I'd be asking why I'm shooting a crawling, half woman in the head in a park.  Rick, eh, business as usual in the new world.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 5, 2012, 08:12 AM »
Finally got to watch the first 4 episodes of season one this week. Highly enjoying it. Now to finish the first season and wait for season 2 to be on sale for $10 at Target some day.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 5, 2012, 08:55 AM »
Finally got to watch the first 4 episodes of season one this week. Highly enjoying it. Now to finish the first season and wait for season 2 to be on sale for $10 at Target some day.

Did you get Season 1 for $10?  I netflixed it months ago, but would buy it if its that cheap...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 5, 2012, 08:58 AM »

Did you get Season 1 for $10?  I netflixed it months ago, but would buy it if its that cheap...

Last week it was $10 at Target, but now it's back up to regular price $26.99. Sorry I should have posted that on JD.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2012, 08:59 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 5, 2012, 09:01 AM »

Last week it was $10 at Target, but now it's back up to regular price $26.99. Sorry I should have posted that on JD.

Drat.  Oh well, not a big loss since I've already seen it.  I'm sure it will get down to that again at some point.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 5, 2012, 11:16 AM »
Half caught the Walking Dead marathon on New Years Eve.  Still haven't seen the first episode and 1/2 but getting closer.  This series holds up surprisingly well with multiple viewings.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 5, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Thats because the plot moves at a zombie's pace so you can see all the gory details.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours