Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558215 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2160 on: April 6, 2017, 11:47 PM »
Second that...  I can't see them crossing the country before the apocalypse without getting themselves killed somehow.

Especially when Rick and co. don't seem to have made it 100 miles in all this time.  If Neagan is so awful why not just head west?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2161 on: April 6, 2017, 11:58 PM »
With the "why not head west" thing I think that's what some people did (the chicks by the Ocean, they seem to have wandered out of his sphere of influence). 

I think, just based on the small segment we've seen, you can't go anywhere very far without finding someone who wants your ****, or to just eat you (including the living).

I mean there's very low population areas where you could hunt, farm, and (theoretically) have less zombie-centric issues...  But other people will think to go to those places I'm sure.  It's like going to an island.  Others may think of going to some of the islands that dot the east coast or whatever.  You may not be quite so safe.  Others will fortify towns.  Others will degenerate into dictatorial mindsets, and psychopathy...  I still don't believe a guy like Negan would've lasted this long though and just suddenly some of those under him are like, "I like the cut of that Rick Guy's jib...  he gets things done, so I'm going to have him help me overthrow Negan!", and stuff.  IE: Dwight.

I think people would have killed anyone who acts like he does, fairly quickly.  I mean in a more ancient time yeah some big strong guy is in charge and that's that.  But in a world with guns, no.  Guns are a great equalizer to a guy with a bat.  Hell, he was simply LUCKY with Rosita's gunshot.  And holding his hand out a window as he flees a gun battle as the main target of interest.  ::)

I still enjoy Negan but he strains my believability meter on this more than even the zombies.  :D  Someone would've shot him and shoved Lucille up his butt by now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: April 7, 2017, 08:55 AM »
I think its the exact opposite.  When you're in a crisis situation, there are a select few who can stand up and take charge.  But the vast majority of people panic, shut down, and wait for someone to come save them.  I think they've done a really good job of showing how Negan selects people that he thinks are very valuable, then gives them the good life to keep them loyal.  If you have a nice little savior apartment with working ipods and a menu of food to eat, you can probably stomach a lot of the other crap that goes on.  Remember the alternative is zombie duty and escape means zero shelter or resources on the road with zombies and other groups popping up to kill you at all times of the day.  That is assuming Negan doesn't send someone to hunt you down first.

As for Dwight, he seems to get bullied up and abused by Negan a lot more than the other guys.  I think he was willing to do just about anything because he loved his wife and wanted to keep her alive. Negan knew that and made Dwight his plaything, but should be smart enough to realize that relationship has changed.  With Dwight's wife gone, he's got nothing left to lose, so why not betray Negan and help Rick take him down?  It's not about the cut of his jib, it's about revenge.  Yeah, he could probably just pull a gun and kill Negan at some point too, but then some other prick would just take his spot.  I think he wants the whole system taken down, especially seeing how Rick's group works together.  Plus he's clearly in love with Daryl.

There's another interesting thing to note about Negan: misguided and cruel as he is, there is a level of restraint and efficiency to how he brings people in line.  Yeah, he kills people pretty brutally from time to time, but it always relates to keeping the rest of the group in line. He had Alexandria in a position to kill them all, but he didn't.  He's given Rick half a dozen chances and only with this last speech of defiance did Negan decide to finally end Rick and Carl.  Not saying he's a good guy by any means, but there might be something more there than just being a sadistic jerk dictator. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2163 on: April 8, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Second that...  I can't see them crossing the country before the apocalypse without getting themselves killed somehow.

It could work just knowing the timelines of both shows.  Rick & Company are roughly two years into the apocalypse whereas in Fear, it's only been a few weeks.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: April 10, 2017, 09:06 AM »
Are they only a few weeks in?  It has to be more than that from the quarantine to the goofy boat trips down to the Mexican compound then the shelter with Nick and company.  Definitely still early, but I'd have thought they were at least a few months into it by now.   
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 10, 2017, 01:31 PM »
The FTWD wiki has the timeline set to about day 36.  I'm not sure how accurate that is.  The quarantine looks to have been around 2 weeks.  Either way, I don't see how FTWD could make it to Virginia.  Those idiots won't use violence and are complete freaking morons.  I'm not attached to any of those characters and wouldn't mind any of them becoming walker snacks.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 10, 2017, 03:21 PM »
I'm not attached to any of those characters and wouldn't mind any of them becoming walker snacks.

Perhaps that's how they get there?  There'd be no way that group would make it to Rick's as a whole crossing the country, otherwise the Midwest is doing all right or all dead and no longer walking.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: April 10, 2017, 05:40 PM »
Do you guys even watch the show?  You just smear a little walker blood on you and walk freely wherever you want.  And if you have to travel far, there are always rich guys with boats or helicopters or whatever you need because that's just how it is in California baby!

They'll come across Flight 462 from the shorts, which landed safely on a highway overpass.  They take off again and do a water landing in the East Coast ocean as the fuel dries up, then the oceanside people will reluctantly rescue them and everyone will join Rick's crusade on the Saviors.  Negan will make Alycia one of his wives, but she'll talk him to death and they'll move on to the next baddie(s). 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: April 10, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Do you guys even watch the show?

Alright.  I admit it.  I don't watch the show but I read the recaps and the comments here.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2169 on: May 6, 2017, 11:46 PM »
They've never been near a fast food restaurant.  That's really weird.  I can't go 50 feet without seeing one.

Anyway, carry on.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: May 8, 2017, 11:52 AM »
My favorite is that they're always driving around on heavily wooded rural roads, and there is never a tree, branch, or even stick in the road they've got to stop and move out of the way.  And as they're wandering around the grass in yards and city areas is always relatively short instead of the the two foot long grass it should be.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: May 8, 2017, 12:11 PM »
I like how there are reanimated corpses constantly trying to eat living people.  That's totally unrealistic.   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2172 on: May 9, 2017, 02:12 AM »
My favorite is that they're always driving around on heavily wooded rural roads, and there is never a tree, branch, or even stick in the road they've got to stop and move out of the way.  And as they're wandering around the grass in yards and city areas is always relatively short instead of the the two foot long grass it should be.

Yeah the grass in yards is always kinda funny.  I went 2 weeks here without cutting it because it kept raining when I had time...  My grass was higher than any yard on TWD I think I've ever seen.  Zombies must mow lawns when they've got down time.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: May 9, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Clearly you haven't figured out that grass is also infected by the zombie virus.  Like zombies, any further development is stunted, so it just stays the same and goes on forever.  Duh.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 05:39 PM by JediJman »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2174 on: May 9, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Hah that's funny.  Wish I could infect the yard tho.  :-\