Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558190 times)

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2175 on: October 23, 2017, 01:44 PM »
Dammit.  Who trained Rick's people, the Empire?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: October 23, 2017, 01:50 PM »
Am I the only one who's kind of over the Negan thing?

I'm just kind of waiting for them to kill him so we can move onto something and someplace new.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2177 on: October 23, 2017, 01:52 PM »
Can't decide if they didn't show Neagan's people in the base because of budget concerns, or because they all evacuated to another location anticipating the attack...

For such a highly-promoted episode, it didn't seem like anything of import occurred.  Rah-rah speeches, hallucinations or flash-forwards, and some explosions that didn't really serve much purpose.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: October 23, 2017, 01:56 PM »
Can't decide if they didn't show Neagan's people in the base because of budget concerns, or because they all evacuated to another location anticipating the attack...

For such a highly-promoted episode, it didn't seem like anything of import occurred.  Rah-rah speeches, hallucinations or flash-forwards, and some explosions that didn't really serve much purpose.

Given how much of this season seems to be all Negan again, my assumption is that it's because they weren't there.

Although, when Gregory's little gambit didn't work, Negan did seem genuinely surprised and mad... so maybe that was his big play?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: October 23, 2017, 02:57 PM »
Was the point of the operation to waste as much ammo and explosives as possible? If so, mission accomplished!  ::)

I kept thinking "Why are they mad at the windows??"

Rick's speeches are getting tiresome.

Feeding random stray dudes seems like a dumbass "old Carl" move. But apparently they need a contrived reason to set him on a path away from Rick.

Father Gabriel has become one of the more interesting characters, hope he is not about to be offed.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: October 23, 2017, 07:34 PM »
Negan: "Rick, I hope to hell you're happy, because there are people covered with glass in here!"

Rick's plan didn't get anyone killed? What happened? Oh, there's more to the plan...

Rick's speeches probably even make Ezekiel think "he's such a ham."

Rosita was frawnt pawrch sittin' cuz the actress was preggers. Tara still seems well fed for the apocalypse.

Cut the hair, Coral!

Lot of survivor activity in this region for that random guy to not have seen anyone for awhile.

Savior: "Hey, Rick, yeah, you just stabbed me...I saw you begging like a little baby girl before, Rick...LOL....and hey, don't cut that zombie loose to eat me....arrrrgh!"

Everyone was on Talking Dead and each one got to speak for maybe 30 seconds.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: October 23, 2017, 09:12 PM »
Dumb decision...again...when Negan came out the door, why didn't they just pump his ass full of lead?  I mean, somebody should have had their weapon trained on that door to smoke him when he came out.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: October 23, 2017, 11:51 PM »
Dumb decision...again...when Negan came out the door, why didn't they just pump his ass full of lead?  I mean, somebody should have had their weapon trained on that door to smoke him when he came out.

Odd after Rick's "Only one person has to die!" monologue.  I guess it wasn't Negan, must be that one sentry he took out. That was the guy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2183 on: October 24, 2017, 12:58 AM »
I think even if he'd made the smart choice and tried to shoot Negan outright, the physics of the TWD universe would've dictated no hits because he had a LONG time to make that choice and never did till he decided counting down from 10 was too long.  He technically did shoot at him with Negan just standing there, and totally missed.  I think God was just on Negan's side on that one or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: October 24, 2017, 12:04 PM »
Awful episode.  Agree with all the points.  Why didn't they just shoot Negan when he stepped out the door?  And was their grand plan to unleash a horde of zombies and expect that those zombies were going to kill all the Saviors?  Zombies have ceased to be much of a threat.  When was the last time a zombie killed a real character.

They need to move on from Negan, and potentially move on from Alexandria.  The show is getting stale.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: October 24, 2017, 12:24 PM »
I love Negan in the comics and think Jeffrey Dean Morgan is playing him well but agree I'm ready for the Saviors vs. Rick and company to be over.

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2186 on: October 24, 2017, 02:18 PM »
Yet, it just began. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: October 29, 2017, 11:50 PM »
Who's surprised that Gabriel and Negan weren't in the second episode? Probably no one.

Rick did manage a plan to get more Alexandrites killed. I'm relieved, I was beginning to lose faith in him.

Jesus saves...his enemies. Tara questions Jesus...blasphemy!!

Mara got killed...she was the savior leading the people who were sitting out in the open for some reason.  CHOMP.

CGI Tiger is back. SHEBA'S GRRRREAT!

Hey it's that guy we...forgot about from season 1. There was no one else to bring back. He was the only one who didn't die after crossing paths with Rick, but they'll remedy that soon. What are the odd they'd meet again...good, cuz it's a like a tv show. Even Morgan suspects he's on a tv show, and know he can't die and goes on a  RAMPAGE.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: October 30, 2017, 01:19 AM »
Boring
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: October 30, 2017, 09:34 AM »
Hey it's that guy we...forgot about from season 1. There was no one else to bring back. He was the only one who didn't die after crossing paths with Rick, but they'll remedy that soon. What are the odd they'd meet again...good, cuz it's a like a tv show. Even Morgan suspects he's on a tv show, and know he can't die and goes on a  RAMPAGE.

I don't really understand this.  Atlanta and Alexandria are 600+ miles away from each other.  In a post-apocalyptic world where you're running for your life daily, what are the odds that you both survive a few years much less end up in the same place 600+ miles away.

Not a lot plot wise happened other than a lot of shooting, but at least it seemed slightly believable.  Rick didn't try and talk anyone to death at least.