Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556458 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2205 on: November 13, 2017, 08:48 AM »
Some interesting facts about tigers the writers apparently could not be bothered to look up:

1. A tiger’s legs are so powerful that they can remain standing even when dead

2. They are the largest of all the big cats, weighing up to 300k (700 pounds)

3. Tigers can leap distances of over 6m, and jump up to 5m vertically

4. While tigers prefer to use their massive teeth to crush their victim’s neck, a single strike is enough to do the job. One swipe from a tiger’s front paw is strong enough to smash a bear’s skull and even break its spine.

So congratulations TWD, you have officially JUMPED THE SHARK, er tiger.

Of all the wildly stupid and unbelievable stuff on this show, you finally managed to come up with something so insanely implausible that it simply defies belief. Half a dozen decayed bodies with little to no muscle mass are going to take down an animal that could not only smash them to pieces with just a swipe of his paw but LEAP OVER THEM easily with no effort at all?!?!

And yes, I know this is a show predicated on nonsense science, but you have to at least stay grounded in basic physics and anatomy. COME ON MAN!

Also sick of Saviors who just seem to talk and talk and somehow know all the right psychological buttons to push at any given time. What an annoying douche.

I'm glad Jerry didn't die.

Oh and Matt - the splattery zombies were from the toxic waste barrels that were leaking all over...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: November 13, 2017, 09:33 AM »
I'm bored with this season so far. Too many similar episodes.

But good God, the "the show sucks because of lack of perfect believability" posts are driving me nuts. They killed the tiger. Ok. The bullets are too powerful for whatever people were saying last week. Ok.

Ok, small rant over.

I hope next week is nothing but flashback speeches.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:33 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2207 on: November 13, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Oh and Matt - the splattery zombies were from the toxic waste barrels that were leaking all over...

Yeah, thanks....I picked up on that one.  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: November 13, 2017, 09:35 PM »
Ha ha, I was sort of tongue in cheeking my original post, they have done way crazier stuff than that that has inspired less mock outrage....but I do miss that dang tiger.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: November 13, 2017, 10:35 PM »
Tiger dies saving Ezekiel in comics too so they kinda told us it was coming with the story Ezekiel tells about saving her earlier in the show
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: November 13, 2017, 10:52 PM »
Well, I for one want 100% realism from a show where the dead reanimate without any explanation.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2211 on: November 14, 2017, 12:10 AM »
What Scockery said on Shiva...  this show makes $ hand over fist and they killed tiger for budgetary bulkshit.  Wanna be mad be mad they took something interesting and fun on the show and **** on it cuz some asswad at amc doesn't let them have a better budget.

If we are talking unrealistic junk though, beyond the usual, it was that whole chase.  From the opening and setting up a .50 a team of 30 couldn't do expeditiously at the building to suddenly one bald dildo can do it alone in a moving truck in a minute, all the way to the .50 hitting the engine and only puncturing the rad.  If you've seen a round to one of those, you'd know it would've stopped Rick's early 90s Wrangler YJ like it hit a brick wall...  not just popped the radiator. ::)

This wasn't this shows finest moment by any stretch.  And I genuinely still enjoy it and overlook the lack of realism sprinkled here and there.  My only major bitch with this whole ep was Shiva.  She was interesting and bold in a show that's on a loop right now, and you can't tell me they offer the tiger with so little use simply for the same reason GoT runs its dragon budget into the ground after like two scenes in a season.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: November 20, 2017, 12:37 AM »
Rick vs. Daryl.  The switch to Eugene playing Atari boxing..black vs. white....the power goes off...darkness...then back to Daryl vs Rick. WOW. Such symbolism. It's a draw, but hey, they lost the dynamite and the .50 caliber because the crashed humvee decided it hated them.  Daryl was probably right at this point, they've lost too much man power to play it nice and win. (They know this thinks to helpful dying henchman trope...reminds me of Naked Gun.)

Negan's pet projects with Rick's people have only had a 1 in 4 success rate so far, but whatever. Gabriel could've killed Negan but wasn't willing to sacrifice himself.  Negan's council of nitwits was moments away from being swarmed by the serfs.

So is Gabriel sweating to death or is he bitten?

Rick hallucinates a helicopter again. Or it's a glitch in the matrix...yeah, this whole world is a simulation.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2213 on: November 20, 2017, 10:40 PM »
I was thinking maybe the guts made him sick or whatever.  I like that Negan keeps calling Gabriel creepy.

If there's one more goddam unnecessary "I don't agree so let's fist fight" bro-down I'm gonna lose my **** on this show.  At some point, someone has to be not insane enough to let this all unravel just because they're a kook.  Same goes for Morgan, Carol, and all these other people who wander off, fight with people on their side, and other crap.  It makes sense for Savior Lieutenants to be at each other's throat, but this crap happening weekly is ridonkulous.  Add in now that apparently Ezekial will go into his emo state too, and just FFS I'd join the saviors for simplicity's sake in my life.  The dude who was in charge of the Kingdom runs was right.  You take that job because you just want life to be somewhat normal, stable, and no issues from morons.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: November 23, 2017, 01:08 PM »
Decent episode overall.  Glad that it wasn't all gun fights.  I liked the Gabriel / Negan confession stuff.  Not nearly enough of the character focused episodes lately.

I'll be interested in next week's episode.  The preview with Rick going to the Trash People seems exceedingly stupid.  Those guys shouldn't be trusted and should be avoided or eliminated.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: November 23, 2017, 07:32 PM »
Gotta get those Rick speeches in when they can.

We need less bro-downs and more ho-downs.  :D

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: November 27, 2017, 04:58 PM »
Somewhere between a mostly filler episode and half-way decent ensemble episode...half-way because of unnecessary risk decisions for Rick, Carl and Maggie, and probably Rosita, Michonne, Aaron, Enid, Daryl, Tara...also, that kid at the Kingdom...Carol, the pied piper of post apocalyptic children....even if she doesn't want them following her. Rick's move was the dumbest, leaving him nekkid sweaty inside a shipping container...or if you are a Jadis/Rick pusher...a 'shipper container.  :-X
I think Aaron and Enid realize as the last important Alexandrians, that they need to get as far away from Rick's friends as possible.  Carl's new pal Siddiq  might be a plant. If Negan knows people's strength's and weakness...and he knows too much about Carl...it's not impossible he's have this guy with "what my mommy told me" story out there, waiting to be taken in by Rick's bunch.

SPOILERS for FEAR THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 4. MORGAN is moving to that show as a regular. Is it flashback Morgan or what? No word. Lennie James will draw the viewers in, like he did with that hit show Low Winter Sun.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:59 PM by Scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2217 on: November 27, 2017, 08:30 PM »
I thought they were putting Abraham in as a regular?  Weird it'd be Morgan but hey, whatevs.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: November 27, 2017, 09:44 PM »
I thought they were putting Abraham in as a regular?  Weird it'd be Morgan but hey, whatevs.

Weird being Morgan.  I mean, he was with Rick 3 months after the fall.  Then he's around Georgia still about a year or two later when he confronts Rick.  Then he's going to make it to California, or Texas if they go that way, then he's going to meet back up in Virginia?  All within what, a year to two years?  I figure it's feasible, but not likely if you are walking most of the time.

But hey whatever, I'm just in it to watch it and suspend every ounce of reality and common sense I possess.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: November 27, 2017, 10:06 PM »
Yep, I just assumed it would be Abraham, especially with Fear moving towards Houston. Well, I love Lennie James so hopefully it will be a good cross-over however they weave it together.