Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 556380 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2370 on: November 20, 2018, 11:57 AM »
Maybe Maggie cut them up.  Could be the reason the communities are disconnected.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: November 20, 2018, 01:23 PM »
Could be a form of punishment / public shaming for doing something wrong - kind of like a scarlet letter.  So far the only two people we've seen them on are non-Hilltoppers, although I thought Maggie and Darryl were supposed to be like minded on most things.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 26, 2018, 12:00 AM »
Come on Scockery, just cause one jerk commented about your posts doesn't mean you have to stop.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2373 on: November 26, 2018, 10:49 AM »
The mid-season finale was pretty good.  Pretty shocking at the end.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: November 26, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Yeah, not a bad episode.

I don't really feel anything one way or another over the shocking part though.  I guess we'll see how that plays out.

There is a good part of me that wants to pick up TWD Compendium 2 and 3 and start reading to see what the deal is with the new group.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: November 26, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Yeah for real.  To me that was the best the show has been in a good long time.  Didn’t see the death coming, there was some real mystery.  The concept is freaking bizarre... the relationships are turned on their heads. 

Fingers crossed that this was the shakeup the show needed to be good again.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2376 on: November 26, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Going by character interactions....Michonne is definitely the reason the communities have isolated themselves.

Or at least Alexandria is isolated from the other communities.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2377 on: November 26, 2018, 01:33 PM »
I'm mostly struck by how impractical it's gotta be to be a Whisperer.  I mean - you gotta pee like half a dozen times a day.  Do they just pee themselves?  Or do they do like... shifts?  "Distract the herd while I pop a squat over in those bushes."

And that's not to mention stuff like eating, drinking and sleeping.  Hell... just the meandering around for 12 straight hours is gonna be exhausting.  In the sun.  So they gotta have some sort of system to sub in and out of the herd every couple hours.  Which means the Whisperer camp needs to be really close to the herd.  Which doesn't make any sense, since they'd have been discovered by scouts sometime in that 6-year time jump.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: November 30, 2018, 12:14 AM »
Agreed.  I just don’t see how a roving person or group could effectively feed themselves ten years after the apocalypse without some serious hunting skills.  I would think all survivors would be holed up behind fences and farming. 

Roaming with zombies in tow probably wouldn’t give you much time to hunt, gather food, etc.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: November 30, 2018, 12:26 AM »
Why are we assuming they are a roaving group? They ended the mid season finale by saying "you shouldn't be here".

Sorry I've become quite quick to pounce on "criticism" with little to no information. Damn Star Wars fans.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:27 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2380 on: November 30, 2018, 07:43 AM »
Why are we assuming they are a roaving group? They ended the mid season finale by saying "you shouldn't be here".

It's a herd they just discovered within walking distance of their bases.  What other option could there be?  Through supply runs and exploration, I can't imagine there's some hidden base they never accidentally stumbled across so close to where they live.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: November 30, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Feel free to correct my details but so far Rosita and Eugene on a special trip ran into them. Then Aaron and Jesus meeting up when they aren't supposed to / out looking for Eugene. Then Daryl who's a hermit. Also the groups seem somewhat relegated to NOT going out like they used to. Maybe the Whisperers community was set up a year ago sorta but not super close to the others and so Alexandria etc don't travel there anymore as they have no need.

Anyway I guess I don't find the need to question it especially since again we barely know anything about them yet. And still find it somewhat laughable when we want all plot decisions to fit into real world logic. I wish they'd all decide to travel super far away so it made sense there is another community they haven't met. Then there could be some crazy dude in charge they have to fight with because he wants their stuff. When are they gonna hit that storyline?

Or even better. They stay in their communities. And since no other community could exist close to them without them knowing we just watch episodes of them farming and scavaging.

In all seriousness they need some sort of "villain" OR an all out war between once upon a time allies. Even if we need to suspend belief some.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:41 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: November 30, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Come on man, we got our "all out war" last season...and it wasn't much of a war at all.

Agreed though, we can't be applying real world logic to zombies.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 1, 2018, 11:42 AM »
I can see both sides.  Maybe they ventured further out than usual, but after 10+ years of living in the same spot you would think they would have run in to any organized group that is within a day's walk from their cities.  Granted people masquerading as zombies probably wouldn't have been obviously found, but this would have been a lot more plausible 10 years earlier in the plot line.

Either way, its a zombie flick where logic isn't always great. 

I'm still assuming the Whisperers must have their own community with farming, etc. and somehow noticed Eugene and Rosita, grabbed their zombie herd and chased them down.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: December 11, 2018, 12:03 AM »
I love the whisperers.  I was fooled by the comic as well and worried that they were going to make zombies evolve or something stupid.  IIRC, they're just wearing zombie facemasks with clothes splattered in zombie guts.  So it wouldn't be hard for a lone zombie to wander off a little for bathroom time.  I believe they also keep the masks on all the time - its a big deal for them to show their actual faces.  Keep in mind, all the current townships have methods of steering herds where they want them to go.  That task would be just as easy - if not easier for the whisperers.  You could have your camp anywhere and just use scouts in shifts to drive herds where you want them.  Maybe they even use them for protection in place of walls.  Also, keep in mind that these communities are not that big.  I don't think it would be that hard for a group to set up 5-10 miles away from you without you ever knowing they were there. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today