Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558040 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #450 on: July 8, 2012, 08:23 PM »
I think I overdosed on this show.  Seriously spent the entire day watching it.  Looking forward to the Talking Dead after the show though...and the black and white pilot.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 8, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Day two of the walking marathon on AMC starts at 11:30 this morning. I really enjoyed seeing all of season 1 since I hadn't really watched it all the way through before.

Thanks for the tip on this.  I tried to get my TiVo hooked up in time to record it, but I think I need a cable card for DirecTV.  Argh.  If anyone sees any other WD marathons on the horizon, please let me know.  Next time I will be prepared!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #452 on: July 8, 2012, 11:31 PM »
Though zombies obviously have some stiffness to them too.  :-X  Rigor mortis and all.

Rigor mortis goes away after a couple of days. . .   ::)

In humans, it commences after about three to four hours, reaches maximum stiffness after 12 hours, and gradually dissipates until approximately 48 to 60 hours after death.

« Last Edit: July 8, 2012, 11:33 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #453 on: July 8, 2012, 11:49 PM »
Day two of the walking marathon on AMC starts at 11:30 this morning. I really enjoyed seeing all of season 1 since I hadn't really watched it all the way through before.

Thanks for the tip on this.  I tried to get my TiVo hooked up in time to record it, but I think I need a cable card for DirecTV.  Argh.  If anyone sees any other WD marathons on the horizon, please let me know.  Next time I will be prepared!

Do you have Netflix streaming or Amazon's online service?  I think they both have Walking Dead available.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 8, 2012, 11:50 PM »

No problem, hopefully they'll at least do another season 2 marathon in Oct. before the new season starts. I think they did this one because of SDCC next weekend where the cast and creator and producers will be there to promote it.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 9, 2012, 01:01 AM »
I have Netflix DVD and didn't have AMC prior to a week ago.  I'm staying with relatives for a few months and they have DirecTV & AMC (for all the good it does me now).  I'll probably just pick up the discs when they come out, but to date I have not seen a minute of Season 2.   :'(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 9, 2012, 11:17 AM »
So much awesomeness last night...very disappointed we are so far off from the Season 3 premiere.

I sort of dazed in and out of the Talking Dead show last night. That Drew Carey idiot practically ruined the whole thing. Always good to hear Bob and Gale Ann dish though.

Some stuff I was able to glean:

Merle is coming back!!!
Life size Michonne statue @ SDCC! Have your picture taken as Pet #2!
Haven't forgotten about the helicopter or the dude and his son from Season One.

Blanking on the rest...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #457 on: July 9, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Though zombies obviously have some stiffness to them too.  :-X  Rigor mortis and all.

Rigor mortis goes away after a couple of days. . .   ::)

Nah, all I need's a couple minutes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 9, 2012, 11:20 AM »
So I hear that during Comic-con, you can pay $75 to be chased by zombies at the Petco park across the street at night. It's called The Walking Dead Escape.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/05/21/the-walking-dead-escape-obstacle-course-comic-con/
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 9, 2012, 11:23 AM »
So I hear that during Comic-con, you can pay $75 to be chased by zombies at the Petco park across the street at night. It's called The Walking Dead Escape.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/05/21/the-walking-dead-escape-obstacle-course-comic-con/

Yes, if you complete the obstacle course you get the SDCC exclusive Walking Dead 100 variant comic.

Estimated time waiting in line for this event: 4.6 hours  ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 9, 2012, 01:43 PM »
Comic book scalper on ebay:  You would not believe what I had to do to get this exclusive comic book. I had to wait 4 hours in line and then got chased by zombies all over a baseball field. I could have been eat'n man! I risked my life for this book!

Price $200
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 9, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Comic book scalper on ebay:  You would not believe what I had to do to get this exclusive comic book. I had to wait 4 hours in line and then got chased by zombies all over a baseball field. I could have been eat'n man! I risked my life for this book!

Price $200

Funny stuff.  Luckily, I've never been much for paying extra based on the cover alone.  I would love to go check out a Zombie park though....

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 9, 2012, 02:07 PM »
The Walking Dead video game they were promoting during commercials looked kinda meh, but a zombie park would be rad...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #463 on: July 10, 2012, 10:24 AM »
The Walking Dead video game they were promoting during commercials looked kinda meh

Have you played it yet?  I played the demo of the first episode and liked it quite a bit, and I usually don't like those types of games.  The reviews for the first two episodes have been pretty positive.  Once all five episodes are out, I'm buying.

And for those that missed it, they also announced a new Walking Dead game last week.  It's an FPS based on the show, revolving around the Dixon brothers making their way toward Atlanta.  Due out sometime next year.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 10, 2012, 10:29 AM »
I played the first episode and really liked it. I want to know where the story goes.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within