Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558120 times)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #465 on: July 12, 2012, 06:46 PM »
And for those that missed it, they also announced a new Walking Dead game last week.  It's an FPS based on the show, revolving around the Dixon brothers making their way toward Atlanta.  Due out sometime next year.

I wonder if the Dixon brothers will speak during the game, and if so, I wonder if Merle will utter racial epithets?
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 12, 2012, 08:13 PM »
read a spoiler review of the big 100th issues of the walking dead comic, which is causing quite a stir amongst twd fans regarding who gets killed off...Glenn...gets their brains bashed in.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 12, 2012, 10:11 PM »
read a spoiler review of the big 100th issues of the walking dead comic, which is causing quite a stir amongst twd fans regarding who gets killed off...Glenn...gets their brains bashed in.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  He will be missed if that's true...

Guess that's okay since I won't see the next season until it's on dvd.  Anybody at SDCC wanna take a pic of yourself with Michonne and one of her pets?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 12, 2012, 10:18 PM »
They are at least 3-4 seasons ahead of where the show is by now, so nothing is happening to anyone anytime soon. Then again, the two are not mirror images and have diverged significantly up to now, and I expect will continue to do so. So who knows?  ;)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2012, 11:25 AM »
yeah I had to console a few 'Gleggie - Glen-Maggie' fans about that reminding them the tv show is so far behind the comics, they could go another 2 -3 years/seasons before reaching the same point as the 100th issue. I still think after watching the marathon last weekend the reason they stayed so long on the Farm was due to the changes they made, keeping shane around when he died earlier in the comics and by having Sophia getting lost and ending up a walker, she's still alive in the comics as well as Dale. I also think they felt a need to balance the dysfunctional rick-lori-shane triangle (since shane was still around) by developing the Maggie-glenn story; plus throw in Daryl who isn't even IN the comics at all and THREE episodes dealing with Randal before the zombie attack on the farm.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2012, 02:08 PM »
I still think after watching the marathon last weekend the reason they stayed so long on the Farm was due to the changes they made, keeping shane around when he died earlier in the comics and by having Sophia getting lost and ending up a walker, she's still alive in the comics as well as Dale.

Not sure where you are in the comic series, but Dale died a while ago.  He was killed in the "Hunters" storyline...

Sad news about G, but I knew they were going to get rid of someone big.  Kirkman has said this is "Rick's story," so you know it isn't him.  Andrea's too interesting/useful and Michonne is too big a fan favorite.  That doesn't leave them with too many other big names, so G was a pretty likely choice.  I'm always a little bummed when a good character dies in WD, but it is a Zombie story and they have to keep it high stakes to keep it interesting.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2012, 06:33 PM »
I still think after watching the marathon last weekend the reason they stayed so long on the Farm was due to the changes they made, keeping shane around when he died earlier in the comics and by having Sophia getting lost and ending up a walker, she's still alive in the comics as well as Dale.

Not sure where you are in the comic series, but Dale died a while ago.  He was killed in the "Hunters" storyline...

Sad news about G, but I knew they were going to get rid of someone big.  Kirkman has said this is "Rick's story," so you know it isn't him.  Andrea's too interesting/useful and Michonne is too big a fan favorite.  That doesn't leave them with too many other big names, so G was a pretty likely choice.  I'm always a little bummed when a good character dies in WD, but it is a Zombie story and they have to keep it high stakes to keep it interesting.

well I've pretty much read through all the trade paperbacks at B&N since I'm outta work so I just read them while I'm there; I must have missed where Dale got killed. So eventhough the comic and tv series are going in slightly different directions, it still follows the same overall path. I'm looking forward to season 3 to see how they portray all the brutality on the show that's in the comics.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 17, 2012, 10:47 AM »
A full video walkthru runthru of the Walking Dead Escape that was run at Petco Park during ComicCon has been posted. You run thru multiple obsticle courses while dodging zombies. It's about a half hour.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/07/inside-the-walking-dead-escape-unleashing-zombies-on-san-diego-comic-con-with-gruesome-grueling-experience/
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 19, 2012, 11:44 PM »
FINALLY got Comcast hooked up and now have access to AMC!  Does anyone know if they reply Walking Dead episodes?  I missed all of Season 2 and want to get caught up.  I know they had a marathon a few weeks back - anyone know if they have another on the way?  I thought someone said Comcast had this On Demand as well, but I don't see it under TV series.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 20, 2012, 09:53 AM »
FINALLY got Comcast hooked up and now have access to AMC!  Does anyone know if they reply Walking Dead episodes?  I missed all of Season 2 and want to get caught up.  I know they had a marathon a few weeks back - anyone know if they have another on the way?  I thought someone said Comcast had this On Demand as well, but I don't see it under TV series.

not really sure, but I would hope AMC at least runs another marathon in Oct before season 3 starts Oct 24. Season 1 dvd is out now and season 2 comes out in early/mid Oct as well.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 20, 2012, 12:11 PM »

not really sure, but I would hope AMC at least runs another marathon in Oct before season 3 starts Oct 24. Season 1 dvd is out now and season 2 comes out in early/mid Oct as well.

Season 2 DVD is set to release August 28th.  If AMC sticks to their usual patterns with their other series, they should run a marathon before Season 3 starts back up.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 20, 2012, 12:23 PM »
Thanks!  I was hoping to catch up sooner, but I guess I've waited this long...

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 18, 2012, 05:39 PM »
With the DVD release of Season 2 coming up next Tuesday, who (Target, Walmart, FYE, etc.) is offering what in terms of promo/bonus stuff (poster, collector card, zombie pencil sharpener, etc.) with the a purchase?  Virex?   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 18, 2012, 05:56 PM »
Along those lines, does anyone know if there will be a combo Season 1 and 2 box set?

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 18, 2012, 08:08 PM »
no idea on either of those questions, best thing to do is check each retailer's website for specific details.  And rejoice for they have finished the first half finale recently; soon to begin on the second half of season 3.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"