Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557910 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #600 on: November 12, 2012, 11:34 AM »
You're not gonna swallow a leg bone... you're gonna chew it up!  Absent pain receptors in your jaw you could easily grind up any bone except for other teeth.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 12, 2012, 12:52 PM »
true, but  how're u gonna naw on a skull
i think carl didn't shoot her and that she has reanimated into a zombie, and that is why she hasn't been on Talking Dead yet cuz we'll be seeing her again.
the engorged zombie fed on her as much he could and she came back to "life" and walked away.  I think it'll be like a season finale kinda thing that we see her at the end.

Or i could be wrong maybe they did go back and recover what was left of Laurie and buried her, and that's why don't see anything.

between Rick hacking at walkers and Michonne cutting that F'er in half I'm not sure what was best
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 12, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Can I just say that Michonne is a complete badass.  I'd watch a show just about her. 

I also don't understand why Michonne didn't give Andrea any info on what she found...but then we've seen these people make a lot of stupid decisions about things.  There seems to be a pattern.  Even the military guys letting a bunch of red necks get the jump on them was stupid.  You're in the Zombie Apocalypse and you don't set a perimeter guard while waiting for your airborne recon to come back?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 12, 2012, 01:11 PM »
I assumed the phone was Rick going crazy like Charlton Heston in The Omega Man "There is no ringing!"

No, it doesn't make sense one walker completely ate Lori...but now that I think about it...where there was one there may have been many. That's just the one that hung around after eating too much.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 12, 2012, 01:48 PM »

On the other hand, WTF would she be? She's been gone awhile by now.

Not the way I see it in terms of length of time.  Think about it: end of preceding episode, Rick was collapsing because Lori is dead.  Start of this episode, Rick is on the ground completely dazed then goes batshit, grabs the axe and goes into the prison.  By the end of the episode it's only just getting dark as the baby formula hunters return (I was sure we were going to see infant zombies...).  That means Carol's only been out of touch with the group for about 12 hours at most.  She could have easily holed up in a cell for the duration of that time.  I do think the group thinks she's dead but I'm not so sure. 

The Woodbury timeline seemed about the same too, only a portion of a single day in length, with Michonne leaving just before dark and then the 'entertainment' at Woodbury being in the evening. 

None of that means Carol is alive, but the timeline certainly would allow for it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #605 on: November 12, 2012, 02:41 PM »
If I might pick a nit... I was rolling my eyes as they fed the newborn baby at the end.  At that age a baby drinks 2-3 ounces of formula at a time.  They gave her a full toddler bottle... like 12 ounces.

And those two cans of formula will last maybe a week if they're lucky...

Parent rant over.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 12, 2012, 05:29 PM »
If I might pick a nit... I was rolling my eyes as they fed the newborn baby at the end.  At that age a baby drinks 2-3 ounces of formula at a time.  They gave her a full toddler bottle... like 12 ounces.

And those two cans of formula will last maybe a week if they're lucky...

Parent rant over.

Though I never bottle-fed my babies I thought the same thing!  I said to my hubby - there's way too much in that bottle - they just wasted a ton of formula.  I did get a kick out of seeing Uncle Daryl coo and aww over her though.........
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:55 PM by Tracy »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 12, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Finally found a site where I can watch online.  Just need to get caught up with E3 & E4....
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 12, 2012, 07:41 PM »
I kinda miss life on the farm.  Things are moving too quickly and too many main characters dying off....I enjoy all the violence though - don't get me wrong.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 12, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Speaking of waste. They've wasted too much ammo recently...including Rick's breakdown. They'll be down to a bb gun in a week at this rate. Nah...they probably left the BB gun at the store. Realistically someone should be armed with like a .22, because those are common. Might take more than one shot to kill a walker. But in situations where you had the time...it beats louder .45...Rick should be almost deaf now...no wonder he hears ringing.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #610 on: November 13, 2012, 07:33 AM »
It'll kill a man, a stray .22 killed my great grandpa squirrel hunting, but that rimfire stuff only works 70% of the time or less. Hell, go to a rifle range and see how much unspent .22 is laying around where folks had to eject it.

By this time, they'd have been hand reloading or at least picking up shell casings with that thought in mind.

I gave up on the guns making sense this season when the eight year old walked in with a suppressor with wires dangling out of the slide.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 13, 2012, 08:22 AM »
When I first saw Rick walk in to "the birthing room" - for lack of a better term - and Lori was gone, I saw the blood trail and then heard the walker, my first thought was "Oh no, Carl didn't do it, and now she's turned and Rick is going to have to shoot her - this just keeps getting worse and worse".  Even when they first showed the walker with the bloated belly and he put the gun in it's mouth I thought it was Lori - I was so stunned I had to rewind to look at the walker's features/hair again because I was looking at Rick.  Then when he started hacking into it's belly looking for her - I kept thinking of when they were looking for Sophia and Darly cut the walker open and found the squirrel.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 13, 2012, 01:20 PM »
I kinda miss life on the farm.  Things are moving too quickly and too many main characters dying off....I enjoy all the violence though - don't get me wrong.

share please.  i missed two eps ago while out of town, and was disappointed to find that you couldn't watch episodes on AMC's site any more.  Had to wait until I could get home to watch on demand.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32 PM »
eh?  I was just referring back to season 2 is all.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 13, 2012, 09:01 PM »
After a 4 week binge on Netflix and on Demand, I'm 100% caught up. I can see why everyone raves about this show. Very entertaining. The episode two weeks ago was unbelievable!  I had to go back back and see if I missed Carol disappearing somehow. I didn't think she died on screen. Surely she's coming back.

I've had so many episodes just sitting around waiting on me, it's hard think now I have to wait for "real time". Sigh.