Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557878 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #705 on: February 11, 2013, 10:46 PM »
Oh and wholely separate rant about the episode of Talking Dead this week...

I HATE Kevin Smith at this point...  I used to think his movies were ok but to me they're really not as great as they're made out to be among our little world of geeks.  They're sub-par to me.

Take that out of the equation...  He IS the quintessential "fanboy" to the point I find him somewhat embarassing...  He's loud, obnoxious, thinks everything he says/does is important and it's not...  I just dont' like him at this point.  Saddened me to find out he's also a bit of a Spike Lee, in that I guess if you criticize him much or his work, he gets really pissy about it...  Heard that more than once.

He's a guy I truly hope doesn't get his pudgy digits anywhere near new Star Wars...  He's the type of guy that'll ruin it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 11, 2013, 11:30 PM »
Does he any own any shirts besides hockey jerseys?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #707 on: February 12, 2013, 12:16 AM »
I thought this week's episode was a bit boring to be honest. I get that i am sure it is a set up episode but was hoping for a bigger episode.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #708 on: February 12, 2013, 01:02 AM »
I won't say I was bored, but I wasn't on the edge of my seat like usual...  The scariest moment of the episode was the screaming in woodbury...  one dude got ate?  Eh, it happens.

I think his closet must be like Nancy's from Nancy & Sluggo in that there's all the same Islanders jersey.  He's in the same one in every episode or commercial for that comic book show I ever have caught a wiff of.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:04 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 12, 2013, 02:07 AM »
Finally caught the mid-season premiere tonight.  Pretty good episode, though it sucks to see Daryl split from the group.  The prison is looking pretty weak with the Dicksons and Andrea out, new recruits on their way out, Michonne banged up and on her way out, and Rick losing his mind.  I know Wyatt Twerp is badass, but he's not badass enough to defend the prison himself.  They need to get Andrea and Science guy out of Woodbury and back over the prison, and hopefully the Dickson's make there way back too.  I'm a little tired of Merle - hopefully he can redeem himself by saving Daryl in some future episode by paying the ultimate price. 

I thought the writing for the Governor was a little weak.  He starts out pitting the Dicksons against each other and won't end it because it's "what the people want."  Then when they escape, he does a complete 180 and could care less about even talking to anyone in town.  Seems like a pretty radical change in behavior for no reason.  If his motive is revenge, he's going to need people on his side to attack the prison, no? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #710 on: February 12, 2013, 10:39 AM »
I caught the Hines Ward moment.  Pretty cool, ad neatto see him get in there.  I was listening to a few minutes of my local news this morning and they mentioned that T-Dog was an old teamate of Hine's and supposedly helped get him into that cameo.

Pretty neat.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 12, 2013, 02:24 PM »
There was also a Heinz 57 cameo when they ran out of fake blood and had to borrow some ketchup from the food trailer.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 12, 2013, 10:03 PM »
What I think will happen in the rest of the season. They'll kidnap the science guy from Woodbury, force him to construct a small nuclear bomb out of materials found only in the prison. But some one is a spy, let's say Carol (she's still mad about Sofia), so the Governor gets wise and attacks. Half of Rick's group dies (the left half), but the rest escape with the bomb and catapult the nuke into Woodbury (Carl had found a book "Medieval Warfare for Dummies" in the prison library, so making a catapult was no problem.)

The governor somehow escapes in the nick of time, but gets bitten by walkers. He injects himself with an experimental vaccine the science guy was working on (never mentioned before the episode). He becomes half undead with the ability to communicate and command the walkers. By the next day, Rick's group is surrounded by a horde with no escape...

Then Rick wakes up. It was a dream.  He looks in the mirror and...half-zombie Governor behind him! OMG!  :o

It's all edited in a way that we are unsure at what point in time Rick woke. Just after arriving at the prison? The farm? CDC? The hospital?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #713 on: February 14, 2013, 11:38 AM »
Disney is now in the works to buy AMC... in the season finale I heard Boba Fett is rumored to swoop in and take everyone out!

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 14, 2013, 04:31 PM »
Disney is now in the works to buy AMC... in the season finale I heard Boba Fett is rumored to swoop in and take everyone out!

That's totally ridiculous.  Who would be paying him?   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 17, 2013, 11:20 PM »
The last ten minutes kicked it up another notch tonight!!!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 17, 2013, 11:26 PM »

On Talking Dead Kirkman said this was the series finale. Too bad. Oh, he was joking.

Not manning a guard tower is really dumb. Good guys are dumb. They cannot hear, either. Or the Governor has a stealth pick-up.

Michonne practically let that guy walk past her. Why didn't they immediately shoot at that van? They just wait for the baclk to open so the Gauntlet monster generator inside can churn out walkers.

Glenn's truck must've been telported onto the road...because there's little reason for his dumbfounded reaction. Guns are loud. Did he have the stereo turned up all the way?

Rick envisions Lori wearing a backless white gown for some reason. Classy crazy train.

Apparently there's a show limit on creepy rednecks, too. Axel might as well have been dead already, because almost everytime he offered to help, he'd get turned down. (interesting the actor that played him said he auditioned for a serial killer that would've kidnapped one of the women, Beth, maybe).

Not that it was a bad episode. It was better than last week. The rescue of the bridge people seemed odd...if only because running into anyone alive in the open seems weird at this point.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #717 on: February 17, 2013, 11:59 PM »
Much better than last week. Last 10 min rocked. The gov. seemed to having a lot of fun and very little care about getting shot. Good times.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 18, 2013, 12:27 AM »
Another great episode tonight.  I was just waiting for the Gov to pop up.  I don't get why they didn't have someone in the guard tower - in the book that was Andrea's role, but clearly someone in the group could shoot.  The book also has Dale's RV blocking the main gate, which would have prevented the ice cream truck of doom.  I was okay with the sit and watch reaction though - I'm sure they thought the gate made them safe and were wondering if the truck contained friend or foe.  I don't get why the Governor stopped shooting though.  As soon as everyone's out in the open he decides to trust that the walkers will get them?  Surprised he didn't pull the full comic book villain and yell out his master plan as the zombies sprung free. 

The Axel death was a shocker.  He does sneak off and kill some of the women in the comics, so I'm sure the writers switched that one around to surprise the fans of the book.  He would have been too predictible as a killer from within and the group's spread pretty thin as it is until Tyreese gets back.  Speaking of which, were they too far away to hear all of the gunfire?  I wonder where they snuck off to...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 18, 2013, 04:19 AM »
Heh, I was starting to grow an interest in Axel, but of course the Walking Dead Rule went into effect; any character given unusual amounts of talking time bites the dust. I thought it was funny how that one episode Axel is hitting on Hershel's other daughter (never can remember her name) and then last week she says she always wanted a baby. I was waiting for Axel to pop up and go "helloooooooooo" or something, ha. Sucks to be Carol too, she finally appears happy and then BOOM.

Last 10 minutes were awesome, and I totally didn't see it coming. I figured the big assault would be the last 2 episodes or something. I guess the Governor used his infinite ammo cheat? :P

"He's Korean!" Awesome segment with Daryl and Merle. Really pointed out how the younger, "weaker" brother has become the superior.

Reddit says that the same music being played when Rick saw Lori was the same music played in Season 1 when Morgan saw his zombified wife.

Did I miss something as to why Glenn and Maggie are fighting? Feels like they got rescued and all of a sudden hate each other. I guess the writer who gets drunk and always shows up to work late is now writing their storyline now that Lori is "gone"?

And what happened to that other group? I assume they're coming back but they've all but vanished.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks