Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557903 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2011, 02:49 PM »
That looked like a pretty major accident occurred (cars flipped over, etc.), I imagine some of the occupants died in the crash and if they didn't, they died from their injuries when no helped arrived.

And don't you need to be bit by a walker to become a zombie?  Dying from natural causes or an accident injury won't make you a walking dead.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2011, 01:52 AM »
And don't you need to be bit by a walker to become a zombie?  Dying from natural causes or an accident injury won't make you a walking dead.

In the comic it was established that all recently deceased would become walkers unless their brains were destroyed.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2011, 02:18 AM »
So far the series hasn't established that though, that I can think of...  The weird thing about the accident theory though, is a lot of the people dead in their cars are simplly sitting in a car, dead.  No outward signs of trauma as it were, to neither the cars (in some cases) nor the people inside.

The random dead folks in the car does seem to be a bit of an enigma.

One theory I had though, considering this also appears to be not just an accident scene but a major traffic jam during a disaster/apocolyptic event, is that some of the occupants of the vehicles were killed by other motorists for what they had or wanted to take.  Again, doesn't really jive with how som eof the people seemed to just die behind the wheel like they fell asleep or something till the car ran out of gas. 

I find little things odd too but just chalk them up to mistakes like in movies and stuff.  **** happens, and all that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2011, 08:27 AM »
I haven't read any of the comics or spoilers - but I just assumed there was some sort of viral outbreak.  Just like any other virus people reacted differently based on their immune systems and various other factors - some simply died from it, some survived and some reanimated as walkers.  At least that's what I tell myself in order to suspend reality for an hour ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2011, 08:55 AM »
I never was under the impression that all dead reanimated in the show.  Only the bitten.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2011, 09:35 AM »
So my dvr cheesed out and was wondering how many episodes I missed?  Started watching season 1 last night with the episode right before the dude sawed off his hand from the rooftop.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2011, 01:54 PM »
That was weird.

I'm going on a haunted walk this weekend in Pittsburgh that gets national reviews and stuff.  This year they've added a "Zombie" theme to it since that's such a big thing here...  It's always fun, but this year I'm really hoping for something extra enjoyable. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Zombie walk here this Saturday as well. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2011, 04:29 PM »
I hear before 2007 Pittsburgh was completely defendless against zombie attack. They now have drills every year on surviving a zombie attack. It seems Pittsburgh is ground zero for zombie attacks since it's citizens make the best zombies. I guess it's part of Pittsburghers' heritage. You grow up in Pittsburgh, you go to Primanti's, you love the Steelers, and you, at some point or another in your life, walk like a zombie.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2011, 06:17 PM »
Not a Zombie walk Brent, but actually a haunted house thing...  They do big Zombie walks downtown now and then too (Record setting ones I guess). 

It is ground zero for it around here...  Good times though, but I've never attended the big walks they've done downtown or on the South Side.  I think Jedi_Master_Sal has been at them though.

Eating at Primanti's would make you walk like a fast zombie more than a regular one though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2011, 06:19 PM »
Trying not to read anything in this thread since I don't get AMC.  Can anyone PM me if they know of a site where I can catch TWD Series 2 episodes?  I had to wait around for Netflix with S1 and don't want to do that again if I can help it...

THANKS!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Does the compression and artifacting on Walking Dead make it look like ABSOLUTE **** for you, too?  It is unwatchably bad with Verizon FiOS.  It was so bad last night that I could see the lines of a 6-block grid overlaying the other artifacts.  The commercials are crystal clear.  Every other HD channel is gorgeous.  But the programming on AMC is crushed to hell.  I actually stopped watching Breaking Bad this season because of the compression and decided to wait for it on Blu-ray.

Is it as bad with every provider, or is it just Verizon?  Or is it just Pittsburgh Verizon?  It's just ridiculously stupid they're doing this.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2011, 08:34 PM »
I've got Comcast Bill,  and it looked great here.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Is it as bad with every provider, or is it just Verizon?  Or is it just Pittsburgh Verizon?  It's just ridiculously stupid they're doing this.

It could be your line coming into the house is bad. Mine went bad and it took them a month to finally figure out to replace the line because it was cracked. They say the line noise starts with a few channels then spreads. Finally, your internet fails and then your phone. TV is the most touchy with SNR. Check the box on the side of the house. The video light will be red if the video is failing.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours