Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557800 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2011, 09:29 PM »
Watched season 2 opener last night.  What a kick in the nads that was. 
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2011, 10:49 PM »
Do zombies poop?

There's a title for a kids book.

You guessed the title of SpeederMike's new book!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2011, 06:26 AM »
Just FYI, for fans of the show in the New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc., area, there is the New Jersey Undead Festival and Zombie Walk this weekend in Asbury Park, NJ. I believe they set the Guiness World record for zombies last year.

http://www.njzombiewalk.com/

I realize it's not Star Wars, however, we all know zombies can come out of any pop culture property. The zombie walk is tomorrow, Oct. 22, at 5 p.m. and there is something with exhibitors and vendors going on in Convention Hall all weekend.
The team from PhGeek.com will be there taking zombie pictures to put up on the site and handing out stickers. If you go, stop by and see us. This weekend is also Zombie Free Write on the website, so check out our celebration or, in my case, denigration, of zombie culture.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:29 AM by Captain Piet »
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2011, 09:17 AM »
I realize it's not Star Wars, however, we all know zombies can come out of any pop culture property.

Wasn't there a book about zombie Stormtroopers or something? Definitely Geonosians.  ;)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2011, 09:32 AM »
I realize it's not Star Wars, however, we all know zombies can come out of any pop culture property.

Wasn't there a book about zombie Stormtroopers or something? Definitely Geonosians.  ;)

There was and it wasn't good.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2011, 09:34 AM »
I've been slacking and really havn't watch the show. I watched the first two episodes back when they originally aired and haven't watched since. I watched last night show. It doesn't seem that much as changed. I guess both groups have gotten together and separated again. It was good to see the sheriff and his wife reunited. Some good drama there with the doctor and kid. It had a rather stupid typically horror scene of the blonde wandering off to meet a zombie. Good arrow shot. My question is why would they have a plan to get into the to fema supply room but not one for getting out? Couldn't they have thrown more flares to destract the zombies? It seemed stupid to run out and get trapped.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2011, 09:40 AM »
Maybe it was all the cold medicine I am taking, but last night's episode seemed pretty dull. Not bad, just not quite as gripping as the opener. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion the kid is going to live so all the drama seems sort of like wasted energy, plot-wise.

I fear they are going to spend at least another 2-3 episodes on Carl, the lost girl, and the people at the farm, and really I just want them to wrap it all up and get back on the road to Ft Benning. I feel like the show is best when they keep moving and are discovering new things/people.

I like all the farm people, esp the fat guy who I will always remember as the weird dude from the X-Files who could make his eyeballs vibrate. I like that they all seem pretty cool and there are no heels/foils to worry about in that group. I can't help but wonder how they seem to remain relatively unscathed out there though? They didn't seem to have a lot of weapons, defenses, etc. Kind of odd.

Not getting a good feeling about the black dude's long term prospects on this show. The crazy people always seem marked for death.

Next week looks awesome, Shane blasting zombies at the high school.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2011, 09:48 AM »
It's not just you, I thought last night's was pretty dull as well.  Had I known that was going to be the case, I wouldn't have stayed up to watch it and would have waited to watch today. 

Hopefully next week will introduce something crazy into the show, but I fear they will be camped out at the farmhouse for another episode or two before moving on.  So it stands to question what kind of zombie killing will everyone get into?  Obviously Shane and the fat guy have their work cut out.  But what about everyone else?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26 AM »
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion the kid is going to live so all the drama seems sort of like wasted energy, plot-wise.

I wonder about that?  Got to thinking and what if they kill off both kids in the first couple of episodes?  Ouch, wouldn't that be a surprising twist to the plot? 

Episode last night was ok, but yeah, agree on the slow/dull bit. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2011, 11:44 AM »
My favorite easter egg in last night's show was in the pill bag - when Daryl showed the blue crystal meth as he was digging through the pill bottle, I had to wonder if it was Walt/Jesse's 'blue meth'?  :D

I'll be expecting an old Sterling-Cooper-Draper-Price ad showing up at some point too. :P
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:58 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2011, 01:36 PM »
Being that it's been a while, what was the significance of the blue crystal meth bottle?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2011, 01:51 PM »
The "Blue Meth" in that bottle was a nod to AMC's other hit show Breaking Bad;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Gotcha.  I never watched Breaking Bad so that obviously went right over my head.

Embrace the suck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Ya I didn't quite catch what that was meant for last night, but that's pretty cool.  BB was a pretty decent show, but I fell off after season 1 so not sure what's going on there.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2011, 02:09 PM »
I'll say it again.  I've never had a TV show put my stomach in knots like TWD does.  Wow.

I didn't find it dull at all...  Otis and Shane had me freaking a little while watching them go to the FEMA tent.  I like picking out the zombies too, that make sense for the scene, like the soldier and FEMA jacketed worker. 

A smarter idea would've been seeing if they could get a car, just out of vision of the zombies over a hill or something, and setting its alarm off and doing an end round on them to the FEMA tent.  The "Rick Flares" were a really bad idea.  I could've told those two that!  ::)  So's taking a chubby guy with you though, regardless what he knows.

Darryl's grown on me a lot.  He's no Merl.

I like the new people they've found, but that house is all kinds of NotLD bad for a zombie hide-out.  They're out of the way, but that can be bad too.

I keep trying to figure stuff out, like why zombies are in herds now, why they're clustered around the high school, piecing together things from last season that were said and putting them to this season.  Love this show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77